09-26-11 02:39 PM
29 12
tools
    On June 29th, 2007 when the original IPhone hit the market, I was shocked to find out that such an anticipated phone was not 3G capable nor had GPS. Despite all Of these features being available to us at that time, Apple did not make them available on this initial device. It became apparent of the reasoning behind this strategy when Apple came out with the exact phone one year later. Now it was called the IPhone 3G and of course everyone had to have it! Were people so enamored by this intoxicating Apple that they did not realize that Apple could have made the original IPhone both 3G and GPS Capable?

In 2007, the Nokia N95 had WiFi, GPS, video calling, as well as a 5 MP camera and an accelerometer. Nokia ruled the app world in 2007 not Apple. I had my Nokia control my TV, PS3, Cable Box, Bose system as well as a Bluetooth mouse for the computer. How's that for apps back in 2007? The technology was there and Nokia gave it to their consumers. Instead, Apple holds back the technology, stringing them along in order to buy the next device with a new feature they will allow the customer to have.
    Apple has been Known to put 160G on an IPod. Then why come out with a phone that has only 8G with no GPS or 3G and a 2MP camera when there are far superior features on other devices?

Apple repeated itself on June 24, 2010 with the latest to its collection, the Iphone4. Something missing? Yes, maybe the little G at the end of it. But I bet I can tell you the new name of the next Iphone. It will not be IPhone 5 but IPhone 4G. Just a hunch but I won't be surprised if I am correct. Apple is a business, I get it. But I would have felt cheated as a consumer if I ever purchased anything from Apple with this type of manipulation. Apple has become the forbidden fruit because even though they put out a new device practically every month that it already had the capability of doing on the last device, their customers still purchase these incessant "updated products"!

We see the same story starting over with this IPad. Apple now already has 2 tablets on the market with the first one having no camera. Let it be known that almost every notebook or laptop comes with a Web Cam standard. Why did they leave out such an important detail? Is it to make you want to buy the Ipad2 even though you should have had it to begin with? The IPad2 has been upgraded to a .7MP camera with a VGA video camera (this is the same camera found on FREE phones). Now I am convinced and I'm glad I did not drink the Kool-Aid. At this rate, the Apple IPad 4 will have the same features as the Blackberry Playbook 1.
    FMB8900 and myrv like this.
    09-25-11 09:26 PM
    so true. couldn't agree more
    Jonathank likes this.
    09-25-11 10:00 PM
    People wanted a simple and elegantly designed phone that was smooth and user-friendly. Apple realized what many people actually wanted and gave it to them. Combine this with great marketing and they've done really well. Let's face it, although the iphone is not for us, lots of people wanted one. Specs didn't matter as a minority of people actually know the megapixel count on their phone camera or what 3G actually is.

I'm a Blackberry fan, but you can't help but see what Apple has done right. It may not be right in my books, but many people are happy with their devices for whatever reason. Might as well not hate
    Jonathank, howarmat and Jaguarr40 like this.
    09-25-11 10:21 PM
    It is true that Apple leaves some stuff out on purpose, however I think Apple is not in love with specs. There are people already complaining that the new iphone wont have LTE or NFC. These "specs" are in such limited use that it is not worth it for Apple to put in the phone. Apple puts the right things in the right products at the right time.

They also figure out how to make it simple so every person can use it. For instance people blasted them for not having copy and paste in the original iphone. Well since that was the first popular touch screen phone they had to figure out how to make it easy and how to do it on a touch screen. It took a while but when it came out it, people were like, "oh, thats easy"

Now they have such a good run going, people know they are getting quality and they know how to use all the devices because of the ecosystem.

I can tell you why I switched. I recently had a new baby and just after we had the baby I tried to send my wife an 8 second video of the baby while she was at work. The BB I had said file to big to send??!! What?? ALso since I have a Mac there was no easy way to get all the videos and pics that I took with the phone onto the computer. I got the iphone and it made everything soooo easy. THere are some features that I miss about the BB but the iphone more than makes up for those.

I guess thats a long answer to your question.
    09-25-11 11:33 PM
    I hate it but the majority of the world are idiots when it comes to technology. The iPhone looks like a great device to them. A good example of this is like how some people will buy expensive computers with 6GB of ram and a quad-core proccessor and the most cpu intensive thing they run is Angry Birds.

And that always pisses me off because it took me forever to get my dual core computer when I need a quad core.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Jonathank likes this.
    09-26-11 12:01 AM
    On June 29th, 2007 when the original IPhone hit the market, I was shocked to find out that such an anticipated phone was not 3G capable nor had GPS. Despite all Of these features being available to us at that time, Apple did not make them available on this initial device. It became apparent of the reasoning behind this strategy when Apple came out with the exact phone one year later. Now it was called the IPhone 3G and of course everyone had to have it! Were people so enamored by this intoxicating Apple that they did not realize that Apple could have made the original IPhone both 3G and GPS Capable?

In 2007, the Nokia N95 had WiFi, GPS, video calling, as well as a 5 MP camera and an accelerometer. Nokia ruled the app world in 2007 not Apple. I had my Nokia control my TV, PS3, Cable Box, Bose system as well as a Bluetooth mouse for the computer. How's that for apps back in 2007? The technology was there and Nokia gave it to their consumers. Instead, Apple holds back the technology, stringing them along in order to buy the next device with a new feature they will allow the customer to have.
    Apple has been Known to put 160G on an IPod. Then why come out with a phone that has only 8G with no GPS or 3G and a 2MP camera when there are far superior features on other devices?

Apple repeated itself on June 24, 2010 with the latest to its collection, the Iphone4. Something missing? Yes, maybe the little G at the end of it. But I bet I can tell you the new name of the next Iphone. It will not be IPhone 5 but IPhone 4G. Just a hunch but I won't be surprised if I am correct. Apple is a business, I get it. But I would have felt cheated as a consumer if I ever purchased anything from Apple with this type of manipulation. Apple has become the forbidden fruit because even though they put out a new device practically every month that it already had the capability of doing on the last device, their customers still purchase these incessant "updated products"!

We see the same story starting over with this IPad. Apple now already has 2 tablets on the market with the first one having no camera. Let it be known that almost every notebook or laptop comes with a Web Cam standard. Why did they leave out such an important detail? Is it to make you want to buy the Ipad2 even though you should have had it to begin with? The IPad2 has been upgraded to a .7MP camera with a VGA video camera (this is the same camera found on FREE phones). Now I am convinced and I'm glad I did not drink the Kool-Aid. At this rate, the Apple IPad 4 will have the same features as the Blackberry Playbook 1.
    You are absolutely right, apple knows how to market their products. They have less than overwhelming specs, but they act like they are reinventing the wheel every time. (At least with their iOS products) RIM on the other hand.... their marketing sucks balls.

They dont know how to market their products to the average consumer to make them aware of what their platform can offer. The average consumer sees a phone with a physical keyboard and they think its an outdated piece of tech that cant do anything. And wont even bother to take the time to understand how it works.(Unless they are tech junkies like us)

Even a Writer at Forbes Magazine wrote an article called: "I Apologize To My BlackBerry" Explaining how people like to complain about something without really understanding how it works, and how he was one of those people...

For weeks I’ve been making fun of the BlackBerry, complaining that it’s not cool, it’s not good, it’s not a relevant product. And then this past week RIM releases its tablet device called the PlayBook. The tablet gets great reviews. It sells 45,000 units in one day. Its release made me think about the little BlackBerry Bold unit that I own. Because with all of my kvetching about this smartphone, I bought a new BlackBerry just a few months ago when my Verizon contract was up for renewal.

Why? Why didn’t I go with the ‘masses’ and buy a cool iPhone or a sleek Droid device? It’s because I made a choice to not be one of those people that complain about a piece of technology without really understanding its features and how it can be used in my small business.

And here’s what I learned: the BlackBerry is still one of the best choices for a small business owner like myself.
    I Apologize To My BlackBerry - Forbes

But in the end, It's up to RIM to advertise and market their products so people are aware of what their devices are cable of.
    Last edited by FMB8900; 09-26-11 at 12:11 AM.
    Jonathank likes this.
    09-26-11 12:08 AM
    I hate it but the majority of the world are idiots when it comes to technology. The iPhone looks like a great device to them. A good example of this is like how some people will buy expensive computers with 6GB of ram and a quad-core proccessor and the most cpu intensive thing they run is Angry Birds.

And that always pisses me off because it took me forever to get my dual core computer when I need a quad core.

What the ffffff? You should probably delete your post and get the phone number of a psychologist with whom you can express your frustations and inability to get what you need in life, and your hatred towards people that have money to flush down the toilet. Seriously, its way off, and if you ever noticed how the world works, you will realize how the rich and capable bathe in and waste the needs of the poor.

User suggestion, keep the topic flowing (flaming others about the device they use and you hate), before somebody starts taking other's irrelevant social, psychological and cultural issues personally, and result in a massive bannage.

Last edited by gbsn; 09-26-11 at 12:20 AM.
    09-26-11 12:18 AM
    This guy has posted this two other times, his original is in the iPhone/iPad forum. We've already discussed this and your point doesn't hold well against any decent logic. The part where you say Apple releases new products every month completely discounts any tinge of validity you may have had to your argument as it is A: completely untrue, and B: shows you are ignorant to the fact that most competitors have much more rapid refresh schedules than Apple.
    09-26-11 01:07 AM
    Stop copy and pasting the same thing and starting new threads.

http://forums.crackberry.com/apple-i...-fruit-654276/
    09-26-11 01:10 AM
    People wanted a simple and elegantly designed phone that was smooth and user-friendly. Apple realized what many people actually wanted and gave it to them. Combine this with great marketing and they've done really well. Let's face it, although the iphone is not for us, lots of people wanted one. Specs didn't matter as a minority of people actually know the megapixel count on their phone camera or what 3G actually is.

I'm a Blackberry fan, but you can't help but see what Apple has done right. It may not be right in my books, but many people are happy with their devices for whatever reason. Might as well not hate
    Took the words right out of my mouth.
    Johnathank, you'll love the iMessage and notification center on the new iOS5, they seem strangely familiar.

09-26-11 03:11 AM
    What the ffffff? You should probably delete your post and get the phone number of a psychologist with whom you can express your frustations and inability to get what you need in life, and your hatred towards people that have money to flush down the toilet. Seriously, its way off, and if you ever noticed how the world works, you will realize how the rich and capable bathe in and waste the needs of the poor.

User suggestion, keep the topic flowing (flaming others about the device they use and you hate), before somebody starts taking other's irrelevant social, psychological and cultural issues personally, and result in a massive bannage.

I do not want to hijack the thread but unfortunately you DON'T have respect to the people who aren't too well off. This kid here DOESN'T have the money to throw around. Its HIS opinion and that is what forums are about. He's just stating OPINION which I believe is alright. Don't ever say that because you got the money in this world. You know what, your lucky. Some people aren't so lucky. Why don't you stick with what you have? Leave it alone and shove yourself in a toilet than say this kind of ****

Jonathank likes this.
    09-26-11 05:27 AM
    .....I like his ^ reply better then what I was gonna say. I love how in every discussion both online and off, there is always someone trying to take an opinion and blow it up and try to get drama started. I half expect this in high school (unfortunatly) but I assumed this Forum was mainly adults who were more mature then this.

09-26-11 05:31 AM
    Man chill its a public forum. By definition, this is the place to express our opinions anyhow we like. If you have a counter-view then express it but show some maturity. I could go on a rant about how adults act like kids but then that really would be hijacking this thread.

Jonathank likes this.
    09-26-11 06:11 AM
    IMO only I am not going to nor will I condone this thread from the OP. While some may thank the OP or even Like it, The bottom line with Apple even though I personally don't like them and I am sporting a 9930 it comes down to 3 words why they are in the position they are and that is Marketing, Advertising and Stability!!
    This is the reason they have built more hype for the soon to be iPhone 5 with IOS 5 and what it is going to do along with all the new Cloud services they are implementing with it. Except for mostly taking Androids Notification system watch how many people will be in front of Apple stores, AT&T Stores and VZW Stores the day this new phone goes on sale and that is not to mention Pre-Sales.
    Last edited by Jaguarr40; 09-26-11 at 08:40 AM.
    09-26-11 08:28 AM
    Customers.
    09-26-11 08:29 AM
    customers.
    zing....................
    09-26-11 09:14 AM
    I think that to some extent, RIM is certainly in teh same boat. I mean, the 9900 as a flagship? That could have had a dual core processor. It is certainly not ahead of the technology curve. 9810 Torch? Great device too, but certainly not ahead of the technology curve. It is just an updated 9800. Doesn't mean they aren't great devices, but RIM is in its current state because it has followed the same path of releasing products that are behind the technology curve (no pun intended) and then adding some new features, changing the design slightly, and releasing it anew. The main difference is that Apple has an incredible marketing engine. RIM does not. But the OP's complaints about Apple can certainly be attributed to RIM just as easily.
    09-26-11 11:04 AM
    This guy has posted this two other times, his original is in the iPhone/iPad forum. We've already discussed this and your point doesn't hold well against any decent logic. The part where you say Apple releases new products every month completely discounts any tinge of validity you may have had to your argument as it is A: completely untrue, and B: shows you are ignorant to the fact that most competitors have much more rapid refresh schedules than Apple.
    whats the matter buddy??????... am i getting to much love in this forum that makes u mad????...go get a life...a guy with an iphone that is literally on crackberry 24/7..makes u think....
    09-26-11 11:49 AM
    I have an Android and I'm here 24/7. What's your point?
    09-26-11 11:53 AM
    Stop copy and pasting the same thing and starting new threads.

http://forums.crackberry.com/apple-i...-fruit-654276/
    why because i get move love over here??????
    09-26-11 11:56 AM
    Love? Does someone need a hug? Come 'ere.
    09-26-11 11:59 AM
    why because i get move love over here??????
    No because cross posting is against the rules.

Maybe you failed to read those just like you failed to defend your views in the other forum.

Hint- Next time post accurate info.
    09-26-11 11:59 AM
    I guess i would feel cheated as a customer like the OP says if I bought a tablet with an unfinished OS a bridge thats nothing more than a stop gap...and becoming a beta tester for RIM and QNX........

PS Apple iPads stay on backorder your PB's stay in warehouses last I heard about 800 thousand of them............
    09-26-11 12:07 PM
    whats the matter buddy??????... am i getting to much love in this forum that makes u mad????...go get a life...a guy with an iphone that is literally on crackberry 24/7..makes u think....
    I'm not the only iPhone user on this forum, it's not like it's against the rules. You're telling me to get a life? Hah, coming from the guy who is more concerned about the feedback from his thread than if it makes sense in the first place or if his spelling and grammar are even coherent. You're clearly trying to start some sort of war; your original thread on this was instantly dismissed and now since it didn't generate enough controversy you re-post it multiple times. This should be closed or deleted.
    09-26-11 12:58 PM
    This thread has lost its direction...I'm out.

09-26-11 01:13 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD