So I'm finding it to be a pain when I go jogging or running to have my blackberry. Naturally I keep it in my hand but I'm thinking there's gotta be a better solution!

Can't someone invent arm or leg bands to carry your blackberry like they have for ipods? I don't like leaving my blackberry home for any reason!

Its fine on the tredmill or eliptical because I just put it in the cup holder lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-09 09:44 PM
    I normally wear some sort of workout pants with pockets.
    04-25-09 09:46 PM
    to be honest, i dont take my berry to the gym. dont beat me up or anything guys, but i dont want to be the guy not getting a good workout because im on the phone constantly. its actually a pet peeve of mine to see people on the phone at the gym(that and people trying to hit on people at the gym). just get your workout in and go home..

p.s. i dont leave it in my car either.. its at home in its cradle.
    04-25-09 09:53 PM
    I have a holsters and use it for music when I'm weight training. I sit in in the cup holder when I'm on the treadmill though

04-25-09 10:05 PM
    I use my iPod (Nano) when exercising by myself because it's so much smaller, but if I'm taking a class, I leave my 'Berry in my car, or put it on silent and leave it with my towel and water at the back of class. Sometimes I do 2 or 3 classes back to back and I need to check in. There is a gentlemen that brings his Curve in and puts it on the water holder on his bike during spin class. I go at 5:30 a.m. and it's still dark and the instructor leaves the lights pretty much off except for the light up in front. The guy on the bike has the this weird blue glow on his face the whole class because he's looking down at his phone. I'm glad I don't have to be that much "in touch." I also would be sweating all over it. Yuck.

The Storm is pretty big, I think, for using for cardio, but I'll bet there is a small neoprene fanny pack (I know, but they are still out there) that would fit and hold it close and snug so it doesn't bounce around. Maybe one of those kiosks at a larger mall would have something. They have tons of stuff like that for that other phone that uses a partly munched apple as a logo.
    04-25-09 10:16 PM
    I have a similar dilemma. I use my blackberry with slacker and take it to the gym all the time. I wish their was a solution like the armband cases for the ipods.
    04-26-09 02:52 AM
    If I am running outdoors the phone stays in the car. If using the
    treadmill in the house it is usually upstairs on my desk.

I have 2 tones that are for people I will absolutely not ignore.
    The rest can wait until I'm done.
    04-26-09 03:51 AM
    I'd check local places like radio shack or even target for a universal arm pouch. Should hold anything, an ipod/phone/camera. Otherwise, if you can wait a bit, hit up ebay.

Another solution would be to clip it to your waist and either get some A2DP headphones or run a wired set of headphones under your shirt so the wire isn't bouncing around.

Personally, i also have a nano for my music needs running or lifting, but I can understand the need to keep a phone on you for the just in case scenarios.
    04-26-09 05:33 AM
    Personally if I'm exercising it's outside, and then the berry stays home - if I'm in sport mode then I may forget about the berry and break it. If I'm working out however it's typically at my home (I have a home gym), so the berry isn't too far away.

Isn't there like a universal armband you could get?
    04-26-09 06:49 AM
    If for some reason I ever went to a gym or even went for a run outside it would drive me crazy not to have my phone. I would probably. Just hold it while running and then set it near me while working out.

04-26-09 07:47 AM
    When I go to track practice, I put it in a holster, than in my pants pocket (not my running shorts, the pants I leave in my bag for double protection) zip my bag, and leave it there while I run.
    04-26-09 08:23 AM
    Clearly, the solution is to just not exercise. I never have this problem!
    04-26-09 08:25 AM
    I use mine as a music player so I can listen to music while I workout. I adapted a old I pod strap to keep it on me.

04-26-09 08:30 AM
    I bought a MOTOROKR� S9....it comes with a arm strap that the Storm fits in. Works great while I am lifting weights! I am always using Slacker while I'm at the gym....the arm strap wont get in the way and doesn't slide around...plus the headset has no cords to tangle or to get caught and snatch the buds out of your ear...ITS WELL WORTH THE MONEY!

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=W4yp51TR

You can get them a little cheaper on Ebay.

Hope this helps!!!

Adam
    04-26-09 08:49 AM
    I am new to Blackberry so I'm not sure about the available accessories.. however, when I am outside, I wear the sort of shorts/pants with a back pocket that zips. Keeps my BB close (as well as lip balm, etc) , can't fall out, and doesn't rub the front/side of my leg. Good luck!
    04-26-09 08:53 AM
    Leave it in the Car or the Locker...No reason to have it with me while working out.
    04-26-09 08:55 AM
    When im running I carry my storm in my hand and I don't mind that at all.

When im weightlifting it is never on me. I leave it inside my backpack. Having it while im weightlifting would really bother me.

05-04-09 12:33 AM
    It's also a pet peeve of mine when I see people at the gym with cells.. It only annoys me when people are talking on it while working out.

I leave mine in the locker or in the car. But I can understanding having it with you on the workout floor. I use to date a single mother who needed to have her phone by her side, just in case... So I can understand that. But if you're talking on the phone, having a conversation about nothing.. You need to sit your *** to the side and get out of everyones way. Haha

I've seen people talking on their cells while running on a treadmill... That's an accident waiting to happen.

05-04-09 04:46 AM
    Mine's in my bag in the locker at the gym and at home when I'm running. My running and gym time is 'me' time and the important people know that. Besides which, I don't fancy my BB getting all sweaty!

05-04-09 07:29 AM
    sweat shorts with pockets work for me
    05-04-09 12:33 PM
    If I am exercising outdoors, I simply leave it at home. If at the gym I just put in the holders on the machines. It is a pain sometimes, I am going to start leaving it at home.
    05-04-09 03:35 PM
    It's also a pet peeve of mine when I see people at the gym with cells.. It only annoys me when people are talking on it while working out.

I leave mine in the locker or in the car. But I can understanding having it with you on the workout floor. I use to date a single mother who needed to have her phone by her side, just in case... So I can understand that. But if you're talking on the phone, having a conversation about nothing.. You need to sit your *** to the side and get out of everyones way. Haha

I've seen people talking on their cells while running on a treadmill... That's an accident waiting to happen.

I agree with you on the most part but I don't see how " that is an accident waiting to happen"

05-04-09 10:06 PM
    When I worked out in the gym I just kept it in my bag because I hated to touch it while I was all sweaty but I just bought a spin bike so now I can just put it on the counter
    05-04-09 10:23 PM
    I use mine like a ipod when iam spinning.
    05-05-09 02:51 PM
    I run outside quite often and like to have my phone just in case, but carrying it got old quick. I found an arm band made by Belkin at Best Buy that works very well.
    05-05-09 03:17 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD