Like the title says, what do you guys/girls use your wifi connection for the most on your blackberry. Once you've connected to it, what do you do? Where do you go?
    In all honesty its my first time connecting to a WIFI network (at home). I don't see any difference in my internet speed on my blackberry.

So if you don't disclose what you do or where you go, what are the benefits then? Am I now connected to the internet without it being on my dataplan? I guess thats the root of what I want to know. In what way does being connected via wifi effect my dataplan if any and what I can be doing to fully utilize my clean connection?

Austin
    10-02-10 09:48 PM
    I do all my daily BB needs on WiFi, I have a 500mb plan.

But when in my house/office I'm connected to their WiFi networks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-10 09:54 PM
    Okay, so when I'm disconnected from WIFI, on my 500mb dataplan I can go to 'browser' and type youtube.com in and connect. I can watch a youtube video with buffering happening every 15-20 seconds or so. Thats on a 4 minute video

With WIFI connected, the phone jumps straight to youtube (quicker than without WIFI), I can search a video, click on the video, but the video never starts playing. I got an error once (can't remember what it said) and now I don't get the error, but I also don't get the video to play (on a 45 second video). I can't even get a 6 second video to load.

Any ideas?
    10-02-10 10:07 PM
    Like the title says, what do you guys/girls use your wifi connection for the most on your blackberry. Once you've connected to it, what do you do? Where do you go?
    In all honesty its my first time connecting to a WIFI network (at home). I don't see any difference in my internet speed on my blackberry.

So if you don't disclose what you do or where you go, what are the benefits then? Am I now connected to the internet without it being on my dataplan? I guess thats the root of what I want to know. In what way does being connected via wifi effect my dataplan if any and what I can be doing to fully utilize my clean connection?

Austin
    I use my WIFI mainly for streaming live radio and television. Sometimes watch the Youtube channel.

10-03-10 06:50 AM
    So when I'm connected to wifi it does not apply to my data plan?

10-07-10 12:16 AM
    I use it for UMA/WIFI calling, faster browsing and rendering.
    10-07-10 08:33 AM
    I use my WIFI mainly for streaming live radio and television. Sometimes watch the Youtube channel.

------------------------------------------------------------

same
    10-08-10 05:46 PM
    So when I'm connected to wifi it does not apply to my data plan?

no it doesn't count against your carrier data plan.

10-09-10 10:26 AM
    I rarely use wifi but its great for use if you want to stream stuff.

10-09-10 10:40 AM
    I live in a brick house. And if I'm outside I have 4 bars. Inside I have 1-2 bars and few dropped calls. But using the tower data its slow inside. So I started using the house WIfI for all my in house data needs. Watching youtube without buffers is awesome!

10-09-10 11:03 PM
    Data services

10-10-10 12:13 AM
    I use it when I'm home and/or where it is available.

Therefore, if it's available, I used it for cell data.

10-10-10 12:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD