I don't have any os7 phones, but I have 2 qs, a classic and a passport and a key1. I use my key2 as my regular device.

What are some of the ways you all use your old handsets?

Found this app called haven I wanted to install and make key1 a security camera. One of my q10s stays in my backpack as a backup phone.
    Recollect those good old days!

Posted via CB10
    10-24-19 09:13 AM
    I don't really have a use for them, but I just collect them in a pile. They are all BlackBerry phones. lol.

I plan on setting them as a interior decoration somehow.
    11-09-19 12:56 AM
    If it still works I use it for its intended purpose, oldest phone2007.
    11-30-19 02:20 PM
    I have what my former co-worker lovingly christened "the blackberry breading program" going on. It started out as a pile of decommissioned BlackBerry phones from former staff that just seemed to keep growing with new phones simply appearing in the heap. I have a second breading program at home with all of my father's and my BlackBerrys from the past decade. I have my father's original 7100 displayed in a display case in my office among my other treasures.
    bh7171 likes this.
    11-30-19 06:12 PM
    Using my Passport as a daily driver! In my junk drawer are a couple of iPhones, Samsungs and my K2!

PS - My K2 does see action when I need financial apps!

Posted via my Passport
    11-30-19 11:48 PM
    Does GPS work without data or SIM card or Wi-Fi?
    Load up Maps.Me

You will need a decent amount of spare storage for the off line maps. For the whole of the UK it uses just under 1gb.

I find it to be very accurate.
    12-01-19 06:15 AM
    All of my vintage devices (one flip, one slider, not blackberry) I can't use with my carrier, are alarm clocks. 8 in total, including my regularly used device. Add to it two vintage clock radios.

One way to get my tired A$$ out of bed each morning. Takes a whole few minutes to set every single one of them to the correct alarm time if I have a different shift.

From my BlackBerry Q5 on Freedom Mobile 3G HSPA+
    12-08-19 12:40 AM
    I carry my Z30 on camping trips. It can pickup FM radio using headphone as antenna and listen to music at night and get updated weather reports. They are still handy for making emergency calls. I create plenty of docs and the Z30 is far more secure than my Dtek60 which has been hit twice by viruses and a corrupted memory card. The battery still last a long time. I still use my Z30 more than the DTek60.
    bbfanfan likes this.
    12-25-19 04:24 PM
    Passport makes for the fanciest alarm clock !
    01-15-20 06:11 PM
    Target practice.
    01-15-20 08:27 PM
    Target practice.
    LMAO

Need pictures!!!!
    01-15-20 08:27 PM
    :-) the range won't let me go forward and collect the leftovers:-)
    01-15-20 08:31 PM
    They fill an otherwise empty box.
    01-15-20 08:37 PM
    I usually borrow or giveaway my old handsets to family and friends who need them e.g. if they need a temporary phone if theirs gets lost or stolen. I always also keep one phone around for myself.

I still have my Galaxy S7 Edge around, but I have both my iPhone XS Max and Huawei P30 Pro that I use regularly
    01-16-20 11:45 PM
    THIS "old handset" gets used for TYPING... And editing! And email, sms, mms, contacts, calendar, music player, forum posting, etc, etc... Even some light browsing... All in a package that so readily fits a hand that it rarely leaves hand... Sort of a palm fitting "smart watch"...? Or nicely fitting pocket "watch"? Lol.

If the thing enjoyed something resembling updated security support, I'd use THIS "old handset" indefinitely.... Ultimately it'll at least serve its final days as a bluetooth typing & editing appliance.
    01-17-20 12:23 PM
    I usually borrow or giveaway my old handsets to family and friends who need them e.g. if they need a temporary phone if theirs gets lost or stolen. I always also keep one phone around for myself.

I still have my Galaxy S7 Edge around, but I have both my iPhone XS Max and Huawei P30 Pro that I use regularly
    Why not ditch that obsolete S7 Edge with abysmal battery life and get a KEY2 LE as a backup
    01-17-20 12:45 PM
    Why not ditch that obsolete S7 Edge with abysmal battery life and get a KEY2 LE as a backup
    Because #SlabIsLife
    the_boon likes this.
    01-17-20 12:58 PM
    Because #SlabIsLife
    Well, to the S7 Edge's defence, it is pretty much the last slab whose color option actually meant something because on that Coral Blue one, the front bezels actually matched the rear.

In today's slabs, color options are largely irrelevant imo because the front will always have a black bezel, and the rear will be covered up by a piece of silicone/plastic
    01-17-20 01:21 PM
    Coming back to this as I have been using the S7 Edge throughout today and cannot believe it’s still going so well. UI is still fast and the 5.5inch WQHD 534PPI display is still one of the best out there. Samsung went all out when they made this device. The 3600mAh Battery seems to be still very healthy, I had about 65 apps that needed to be updated and a security update waiting, madness, phone still at 81% right now despite all that happening.

Got it playing some music now. Forgot this thing was also IP68 rated, has Fast Charging, Camera with OIS and HDR and a 14nm SoC, definitely cutting edge in its time and would probably obliterate most mid end phones from 2018 and 2019, despite it being from 2016.

If I was not an enthusiast and heavy user, I’d probably be still using it with no problems.
    01-19-20 10:16 AM
    Coming back to this as I have been using the S7 Edge throughout today and cannot believe it’s still going so well. UI is still fast and the 5.5inch WQHD 534PPI display is still one of the best out there. Samsung went all out when they made this device. The 3600mAh Battery seems to be still very healthy, I had about 65 apps that needed to be updated and a security update waiting, madness, phone still at 81% right now despite all that happening.

Got it playing some music now. Forgot this thing was also IP68 rated, has Fast Charging, Camera with OIS and HDR and a 14nm SoC, definitely cutting edge in its time and would probably obliterate most mid end phones from 2018 and 2019, despite it being from 2016.

If I was not an enthusiast and heavy user, I’d probably be still using it with no problems.
    I had posted prior my mother in law is still happily using her S7 Edge we bought her. We mentioned trading in and upgrading her and she asked why? What will another do that this one cannot? (She's almost 70) I said well it would be faster and have a better camera. Her response was "this one is perfectly good for me" (And note she has been to Turkey and Mexico City and all over the US in the past year on T-Mobile with zero issues. Great device! I had one and a standard S7. I actually preferred the size of the standard and flat screen. The 820 chip is still good today..
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    01-19-20 10:24 AM
    I had posted prior my mother in law is still happily using her S7 Edge we bought her. We mentioned trading in and upgrading her and she asked why? What will another do that this one cannot? (She's almost 70) I said well it would be faster and have a better camera. Her response was "this one is perfectly good for me" (And note she has been to Turkey and Mexico City and all over the US in the past year on T-Mobile with zero issues. Great device! I had one and a standard S7. I actually preferred the size of the standard and flat screen. The 820 chip is still good today..
    Agreed. Such a brilliant device, I guess she figured "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", lol.

Mine is the Exynos S7 Edge, we usually get Exynos variants here in the EMEA region, but yeah, both it and Snapdragon 820 were fantastic chips.

I think one of the only apps that give these chips a hard time is Snapchat and maybe Instagram due to how Data and Media intense they are, but otherwise they can handle most things you throw at them outside of gaming.

Camera is indeed still top notch, this was the pinnacle of Samsung single lense cameras, looking at some pics I took with it and I am seriously impressed by how detailed they are.

I'm definitely keeping this old beast around for a little while longer.

Busy typing this on it to super impressed!
    01-19-20 10:32 AM
    Agreed. Such a brilliant device, I guess she figured "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", lol.

Mine is the Exynos S7 Edge, we usually get Exynos variants here in the EMEA region, but yeah, both it and Snapdragon 820 were fantastic chips.

I think one of the only apps that give these chips a hard time is Snapchat and maybe Instagram due to how Data and Media intense they are, but otherwise they can handle most things you throw at them outside of gaming.

Camera is indeed still top notch, this was the pinnacle of Samsung single lense cameras, looking at some pics I took with it and I am seriously impressed by how detailed they are.

I'm definitely keeping this old beast around for a little while longer.

Busy typing this on it to super impressed!
    My mom still uses a Snapdragon S7 non-Edge and the battery life is horrible and no more storage of course since it's 32GB which doesn't fly anymore today
    01-20-20 01:04 PM
    My mom still uses a Snapdragon S7 non-Edge and the battery life is horrible and no more storage of course since it's 32GB which doesn't fly anymore today
    Memory card.
    If dedicated storage is enabled on android, get a large memory card, 128GB or higher. Have android format it (ext2 file system, readable on All linux operating systems, except microsoft and apple's operating systems), now you won't run out of storage.

Or just use it for photos, audio and videos you capture yourself. Saves from having to get another device. AND replace the battery (if it's not impossible to dis-assemble). Ifixit.com is a great resource.

01-20-20 01:25 PM
    Memory card.
    If dedicated storage is enabled on android, get a large memory card, 128GB or higher. Have android format it (ext2 file system, readable on All linux operating systems, except microsoft and apple's operating systems), now you won't run out of storage.

Or just use it for photos, audio and videos you capture yourself. Saves from having to get another device. AND replace the battery (if it's not impossible to dis-assemble). Ifixit.com is a great resource.

Memory card doesn't help for apps.

And WhatsApp still has no way to automatically store media there, you have to manually move the files once in a while.

Even 64GB is getting a little low today
    01-20-20 01:46 PM
    Memory card doesn't help for apps.

And WhatsApp still has no way to automatically store media there, you have to manually move the files once in a while.

Even 64GB is getting a little low today
    I would suggest a new battery. Most older people I know forget to remove their photos and videos from their devices once backed up to Google photos.

Although my devices are 64GB (S9 and BE KeyOne) I have never used 32GB in internal storage. I am a big fan of Google Photos and One Drive.
    01-20-20 02:48 PM
56 123