Android is successful because its cheap. Have no doubts about that. The giggens Galaxy and HTC One are a small part of the Android market. The vast majority of Android devices, and the phones that drive the marketshare numbers are the awful $100-200 Devices with small screens and single core processors. They're not really what we would consider to be smartphones.
    Xiaomi 2A

Xiaomi 2A

1.7Ghz dual core
    4.5" IPS
    8MP camera
    1500RMB (about $245)

Hmmmmmm.... those specs seem awfully similar to a Z10.......

http://www.xiaomi.com/hongmi

Xiaomi Hongmi

1.5Ghz QUAD core
    4.7" IPS
    8MP camera
    Dual SIM
    800RMB (about $135)
    08-23-13 10:34 PM
    Their common sense approach to things, continuing to do what works ditching what doesn't, and most importantly listening to what the market us dictating to then and following through.

Mainly thinking Samsung here.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 10:36 PM
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA

Reference the Nexus 4 and Moto X, not heavy hitters on specs and run super smooth.
    )
    See, now I know you're just talking out of your ***. You have no idea how Motorola's Xphone runs, cause it hasn't been released yet.

As for the Nexus 4, sure they do run smoothly. When its a demo phone in the store. (Though I've found stutter on even those one time)

But when you get home, start installing apps and use it as a daily phone for a couple of weeks and months, that's when the lag shows up. Some might notice it less than others or assume its normal, but its there. And it's not just a particular phone or app that causes it, it's all of them.

Just ask Nexus7 owners, everyone I know who has one, tells me it's not as fast as when they first got it.

The reason is simple: Android is a shoddy OS, (it was originally designed for cameras) and they chose a shoddy way to run applications on it.
    08-23-13 10:36 PM
    Don't see the need for this thread, really?

Android - openness, terrific selection and choice, specs and Google apps.

IPhone - Sleekness, app selection and ecosystem.

Windows Phone - Metro User Interface, people centric, fast place searching.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 10:39 PM
    Xiaomi 2A

Xiami 2A

1.7Ghz dual core
    4.5" IPS
    8MP camera
    1500RMB (about $245)

Hmmmmmm.... those specs seem awfully similar to a Z10.......
    And you posted a link to one of the ten percent of Android devices that isn't low-end. A mid end device. What's your point?
    08-23-13 10:40 PM
    And you posted a link to one of the ten percent of Android devices that isn't low-end. A mid end device. What's your point?
    Hongmi

$135 you get quad-core 4.7" IPS and 8MP camera. Not exactly single core small screen..... This is the typical low end Android device.... and why it's dominating the market. Coolpad phones offer even better bang for the buck.

And the point is..... to show why BlackBerry is seen as overpriced. Also to show you don't know what you're talking about. $100-$200 smartphones are very capable and feature packed.
    08-23-13 10:45 PM
    See, now I know you're just talking out of your ***. You have no idea how Motorola's Xphone runs, cause it hasn't been released yet.
    You're a day late. It's available and the working reviews are out.

SwiftKeyed/Flowed via Tapatalk 4 Beta
    08-23-13 10:46 PM
    Don't see the need for this thread, really?

Android - openness, terrific selection and choice, specs and Google apps.

IPhone - Sleekness, app selection and ecosystem.

Windows Phone - Metro User Interface, people centric, fast place searching.

Posted via CB10
    You admire Metro UI? Really? I haven't met many that say that. For some reason even the people that like it, tend to not get too excited over it, if you know what I mean. Y

ou see lots of people who are neutral towards it, and some people that like it a little, but it doesn't seem to evoke big, positive emotions in people. It's a UI many people like, but few people love.

I gotta say, I like how smooth and fast the UI is, but I just can like the whole package. It's too dark and sparse and terrible waste of space.
    08-23-13 10:47 PM

As for the Nexus 4, sure they do run smoothly. When its a demo phone in the store. (Though I've found stutter on even those one time)

But when you get home, start installing apps and use it as a daily phone for a couple of weeks and months, that's when the lag shows up. Some might notice it less than others or assume its normal, but its there. And it's not just a particular phone or app that causes it, it's all of them.

Just ask Nexus7 owners, everyone I know who has one, tells me it's not as fast as when they first got it.

The reason is simple: Android is a shoddy OS, (it was originally designed for cameras) and they chose a shoddy way to run applications on it.
    You can walk into a store and buy an X today. It has also been reviewed after substantial use.

Neither reviewers nor people I know with N4's agree with you. Do you have personal experience?

You keep trying to say things are bad, but everyone who has actually used these devices disagrees with you.
    08-23-13 10:48 PM
    You admire Metro UI? Really? I haven't met many that say that. For some reason even the people that like it, tend to not get too excited over it, if you know what I mean. Y

ou see lots of people who are neutral towards it, and some people that like it a little, but it doesn't seem to evoke big, positive emotions in people. It's a UI many people like, but few people love.

I gotta say, I like how smooth and fast the UI is, but I just can like the whole package. It's too dark and sparse and terrible waste of space.
    Are you just trying to disagree with everyone? Do you have a certain goal you need to meet or something?

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 10:52 PM
    You're a day late. It's available and the working reviews are out.

Yeah, reviews and previews are out, but I strongly doubt the gentleman has tried one himself, to be able to tell with such certainty how it performs.
    08-23-13 10:52 PM
    UI design, hardware design, and the ability to iterate faster.
    08-23-13 10:53 PM
    Yeah, reviews and previews are out, but I strongly doubt the gentleman has tried one himself, to be able to tell with such certainty how it performs.
    Never said I had. (Although it IS possible) My statement was based off reviews done by the guys who do that sort of thing for a living.

I'm waiting for the custom versions to hit VZW to pick one up.
    08-23-13 10:54 PM

It's sleek and while design wise it isn't the best way to do things, some customers including me see a smooth, very good looking interface and they would take to it. It's that 'lust' factor, if you will.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 10:55 PM
    And yet, you have a better perspective based upon your own experience with said device?

08-23-13 10:55 PM
    Ok, folks, the discussion was what do you admire about BlackBerry, and since this has turned into a bicker festabout pretty much everything but, I'm gonna close this so we can take a closer look at things. Sorry, but some folks just don't have an appropriate level of restraint.
    08-23-13 10:56 PM
66 123