I think typically releasing a product before Christmas is a great Strategy sales wise but I also think that blackberry will benefit greater releasing it after For these reasons: apple I think has peaked with there iPhone, innovation wise and from the time of there release up to now they are losing confidence on there stock and products RIM is in a great position to take advantage of this with there amazing innovative product BB10 and bring some iPhone users to blackberry or back to bb It's a new year out with the old in with the new what do you guys think?
    01-26-13 12:37 PM
    - CES is over, no major tech announcements due right now
    - In between APPLE products
    - No flagship Android phone announcements due for months
    - Windows Phone already had their launch & fizzled.

Great timing. IMO they have the spotlight right now for tech bloggers & consumers.
    01-26-13 12:41 PM
    perfect timing with the Superbowl..........
    01-26-13 12:43 PM
    Timing is perfect.
    anon(3896606) and anthonysira like this.
    01-26-13 12:51 PM
    Agree with op...perfect timing! Super bowl add it going to be great!
    anthonysira likes this.
    01-26-13 12:57 PM
    If they could have had the OS ready in the fall i would say that would have been best but since pushing the release til now results in a more complete OS its good timing.
    anthonysira and elmit22 like this.
    01-26-13 01:00 PM
    Those are are all great points blackberry is defiantly in the spotlight and I can't wait to see that Super Bowl commercial 4 mill for 30 seconds to show off bb10 hope they make it count
    01-26-13 01:00 PM
    Like Gretzky said, skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it's been. Pre-Christmas was a cluster**** of iPhone and Android contract price slashes and Windows Phone 8. CES was largely underwhelming, most interesting things were iPhone peripherals and the Xperia Z. All eyes can now be on BB10. Most importantly, CES was too far away from...

Super Bowl! Between the 100+ million viewers, that commercial will get serious YouTube hits and media coverage after the actual Super Bowl. BB10 awareness is pretty damn low in the general public right now, but next Sunday should change that drastically.
    anthonysira and Stewartj1 like this.
    01-26-13 01:07 PM
    I don't watch football because I am a hockey guy but I will be watching the Super Bowl for the blackberry commercial that's how excited I am for bb10 very happy that the marketing team has decided to do this
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    01-26-13 01:17 PM
    I think it is the best RIM could manage. I agree that early Fall 2012 would have been a lot better.
    anthonysira likes this.
    01-26-13 01:28 PM
    I wonder if we will see other mobile competitors with Super Bowl ads?
    01-26-13 01:36 PM
    Still wont be watching the super bowl cause im not wasting hours for a 30 second ad when i know it will be out on youtube right after.

The timing isnt as bad as people made t seem last year. Obviously it would of been better 5 years ago but we take what we can:P
    anthonysira and Jake Storm like this.
    01-26-13 01:40 PM
    I think the timing is OK but not the best as if they would have released it before october 2012 it would have given consumers many options to upgrade and i for one would have gone with a new Z10 at that point in time, but right now i would have to wait until maybe july 2013 to consider an upgrade as i just upgraded to samsung galaxy s3 in oct-nov... see my POINT.
    01-26-13 02:26 PM
    timing is perfect. its the only major phone coming out for the next few months
    Jake Storm, Stewartj1 and elmit22 like this.
    01-26-13 02:29 PM
    I'm super pumped for the super bowl commercial. I'm telling all my friends to look out for it cuz blackberry is back.
    01-26-13 02:39 PM
    Introducing the new OS and first run devices in Q1 and then flooding the market with phablets, tablets and budget devices later on sounds like a great plan to me.

I'm not sold that this first run needs to be as great as people think it does. It will be great to show people that this isn't the BB of old for sure, but what comes out later is where the real money and market share lies.
    Jake Storm likes this.
    01-26-13 02:51 PM
    If you take it as read that they were not able to get bb10 out early enough to be ahead of the clutter of iphone5, windows 8, windows phone 8, new androids etc. then this time is about the best they could have gone with as the attention from CES has died down and MWC is still a month away by which point bb10 is likely to be in the stores in most countries.
    01-26-13 03:17 PM
    I think the timing is OK but not the best as if they would have released it before october 2012 it would have given consumers many options to upgrade and i for one would have gone with a new Z10 at that point in time, but right now i would have to wait until maybe july 2013 to consider an upgrade as i just upgraded to samsung galaxy s3 in oct-nov... see my POINT.
    There is always someone ready to upgrade. My wife is ready for one in September I think. If it came out in the fall of last year then her buyout would be a lot higher.

My point? Last fall would have been too late for all of the people that upgraded in the summer. The summer would have been too late for the ones that did it in the spring.

They plan on 6 devices this year. If they do well there will be something there for you to switch to when your ready.

Right now my buyout will be $299 for my 9810. So I need to decide how bad I want the phone and decide when to get it. I'm not waiting for my contract to end I know that for a fact.

James
    SilkySunshine likes this.
    01-26-13 04:06 PM
    It's certainly better than making it even later!
    01-26-13 04:10 PM
    I think releasing the BB10 right now instead of pre-Christmas allows for it to have more of a complete focus by the media. In the months before Christmas there was the iPhone 5 launch, the Nokia Limia 920 launch, the Presidential election, Hurricane Sandy, the school shooting in Connecticut, etc. Launching BB10 at that time would have meant that not having the media's focus and possibly having very poor media coverage.
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    01-26-13 04:41 PM
    I wonder if we will see other mobile competitors with Super Bowl ads?
    I think it's unlikely... RIM's the only one who has anything to say this time around. The others would just be throwing their money away.
    anthonysira likes this.
    01-26-13 05:54 PM
    Timing's perfect. Now get the feckin thing out there!!
    01-26-13 06:19 PM
    I think that the "after effect" where all of the talking heads regurgitate and evaluate the commercials will be extensive and can start people to look at Blackberry again. If it is done well.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    01-26-13 07:58 PM
    - CES is over, no major tech announcements due right now
    - In between APPLE products
    - No flagship Android phone announcements due for months
    - Windows Phone already had their launch & fizzled.

Great timing. IMO they have the spotlight right now for tech bloggers & consumers.
    You forgot to add:
    Apple currently getting bad press.......GREAT Timing.
    Granted there was no way they could have predicted Apple would miss expectations right B4 their launch, but this just adds to their launch. People pay attention when the word "Apple" is used. And now it's going to be used a lot in the same sentence as BlackBerry...Apple is the Gold standard (deserved or not) so anything that is talked about being better then the gold standard will be noticed
    01-26-13 09:19 PM
    With Apple getting hit pretty hard, stock wise, lately i think this could be really good.

Most of the people that want an iphone 5 have it already, the other people are looking for a phone... why not BB10?
    01-26-13 11:43 PM
36 12