sorry for all the questions, but I like to do my research before I make a decision.

my contract isn't up until 11/11 but i am sick of my phone and really want the curve. to buy it outright is 360. verizon told me that i can get a certified pre-owned one for 140. they told me this means that someone returned it before the 30 days were up and just didn't want it. it will have no scratches or defects, and works like a brand new one. they just can't call it brand new because someone used it for a few weeks. it will also have the 1 year warranty so if it breaks or something happens i can have it replaced. I really want it, but I do not know which route to go.

do you guys think it is a good idea to purchase a certified pre-owned curve or would you not recommend it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-10 10:15 PM
    Sounds good to me. If it has a warranty, you can't really go wrong. Personally, I have a thing about being the first to own the phone and would buy a new one
    07-05-10 10:52 PM
    I think it's a good idea. I have insurance on my device, and (to my understanding) it could even be replaced with a refurbished unit if I put in a claim. I wouldn't sweat it. If money's tight, get it!
    07-05-10 11:16 PM
    yea, i guess as long as it looks ok, works right and comes with a one year warranty, you cant go wrong.
    07-05-10 11:16 PM
    Go for it... One year warranty is all you get on a new phone. So if they are offering the same for a barely used one then I'd say its a good idea
    Good luck

07-06-10 12:35 AM
    I've been thinking about getting my mom a curve ever since you mentioned about getting it for 140. People return phones for crooked track pads and loose battery doors. My storm2 came with a loose battery door and still rocking it today. Some people are just delicate and sensitive too much for a device. My screen double clicks all the time and it doesn't bug me at all. I say get it =)

Before people get **** hurt I was just kidding about the sensitive and delicate Thing. I understand you guys paid your money and want it flawless =) it just doesn't bug me

07-06-10 03:11 AM
    thanks everyone

07-06-10 07:03 AM
    I would def say get it. Especially with the contract there's no reason not to. Just make sure nothing is messed up about it, that might not be noticeable.
    07-06-10 08:55 AM
    Go for it!!!!
    07-06-10 09:28 AM
    okay. i feel better now that everyone thinks i should go for it. thanks guys

07-06-10 08:51 PM
    You'll like owning a curve.
    07-06-10 08:54 PM
    sorry for all the questions, but I like to do my research before I make a decision.

my contract isn't up until 11/11 but i am sick of my phone and really want the curve. to buy it outright is 360. verizon told me that i can get a certified pre-owned one for 140. they told me this means that someone returned it before the 30 days were up and just didn't want it. it will have no scratches or defects, and works like a brand new one. they just can't call it brand new because someone used it for a few weeks. it will also have the 1 year warranty so if it breaks or something happens i can have it replaced. I really want it, but I do not know which route to go.

do you guys think it is a good idea to purchase a certified pre-owned curve or would you not recommend it?

I've been in your situation more than once, & I alway's jumped, this time however, with all the good stuff rollin' down the pike, I would advise you to wait, the Curve is a great phone, still use one myself, but I think you'll regret paying $360.00 when you see what you could've bought for less.
    07-06-10 08:58 PM
    Oh... that's true... gonna be some nice phones in November most likely... if you
    can hang on until then.
    07-06-10 09:09 PM
    I've been in your situation more than once, & I alway's jumped, this time however, with all the good stuff rollin' down the pike, I would advise you to wait, the Curve is a great phone, still use one myself, but I think you'll regret paying $360.00 when you see what you could've bought for less.
    you are absolutely correct. i would not be purchasing it for $360 though. i would be purchasing a certified pre-owned for $140.

07-06-10 09:30 PM
    you are absolutely correct. i would not be purchasing it for $360 though. i would be purchasing a certified pre-owned for $140.

I shoulda paid more attention, sorry, however the goin price for a new release after mail in rebate is $199.99, with the new stuff I'm reading about I would wait.
    07-06-10 09:33 PM
    I shoulda paid more attention, sorry, however the goin price for a new release after mail in rebate is $199.99, with the new stuff I'm reading about I would wait.
    ohh awesome! what are you reading about that will be released in november?

07-06-10 09:48 PM
    ohh awesome! what are you reading about that will be released in november?

I have another line I can upgrade by end of year, although I'm not a big fan of slider's, the 9800 has my attention, the simplicity of it make's me think this might be a great phone, & a 9300 series curve? Something to think about.
    07-06-10 09:57 PM
    I have another line I can upgrade by end of year, although I'm not a big fan of slider's, the 9800 has my attention, the simplicity of it make's me think this might be a great phone, & a 9300 series curve? Something to think about.
    are you on verizon?

07-06-10 10:00 PM
    No, Sprint.
    07-06-10 10:02 PM
    No, Sprint.
    aww i have verizon so who knows when the curve 9300 will be released

07-06-10 10:06 PM
    aww i have verizon so who knows when the curve 9300 will be released

A couple of week's before Sprint, or a couple a week's after. A good Berry's alway's worth the wait.
    07-06-10 10:12 PM
    A couple of week's before Sprint, or a couple a week's after. A good Berry's alway's worth the wait.
    thanks for the info! my contract is up november 2011 so all the bugs in the new ones should be worked out by then

07-06-10 10:14 PM
    thanks for the info! my contract is up november 2011 so all the bugs in the new ones should be worked out by then

One would think!!
    07-06-10 10:16 PM
    since Verizon cannot guarantee me that I will be receiving a phone that was just returned within the 30 day window and NOT one that was returned due to issues, a few people suggested that I just pay 360 for a new one. I do not know if I want to do that, although I want a blackberry really bad. 360 just seems to much for me, even if it is brand new. I am so indecisive and cannot make up my mind lol

07-10-10 10:01 AM
    since Verizon cannot guarantee me that I will be receiving a phone that was just returned within the 30 day window and NOT one that was returned due to issues, a few people suggested that I just pay 360 for a new one. I do not know if I want to do that, although I want a blackberry really bad. 360 just seems to much for me, even if it is brand new. I am so indecisive and cannot make up my mind lol

Oh no....if there was ANY chance that you could receive one that was returned due to issues, I would definitely pay for the new one...
    07-10-10 10:36 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD