Hello everyone.

Been a BB user for a long time. I used to work for a company who was running BES, but now we don't.

I'm curious. I must not be the only one in this situation.. I work in front of my computer most of the day, so I see the emails coming in Outlook (connected with pop3 to my mail server). I'm also receiving the same mail on my BB.. You know the story. Every day, I have to mark as read the corporate email that I have already read on my Outlook.

I mean... I know there is no magic trick, but we're in 2011, isn't there any solution to this problem that someone found? I don't wanna go into hosted BES, it's too expensive. I have been thinking about a lot of idea, but none seems to work. An app installed on the Outlook side and the BB side that talk together to sync stuff would be nice. I was thinking maybe forward my corp email to a custom gmail address.. 2-way sync works relatively well but the mail that will be sent from my BB will be sent from gmail, not from my corp email..

I know I'm not the only one doing this, so if you have a solution, let everyone know!!!
    01-14-11 07:12 PM
    Hello everyone.

Been a BB user for a long time. I used to work for a company who was running BES, but now we don't.

I'm curious. I must not be the only one in this situation.. I work in front of my computer most of the day, so I see the emails coming in Outlook (connected with pop3 to my mail server). I'm also receiving the same mail on my BB.. You know the story. Every day, I have to mark as read the corporate email that I have already read on my Outlook.

I mean... I know there is no magic trick, but we're in 2011, isn't there any solution to this problem that someone found? I don't wanna go into hosted BES, it's too expensive. I have been thinking about a lot of idea, but none seems to work. An app installed on the Outlook side and the BB side that talk together to sync stuff would be nice. I was thinking maybe forward my corp email to a custom gmail address.. 2-way sync works relatively well but the mail that will be sent from my BB will be sent from gmail, not from my corp email..

I know I'm not the only one doing this, so if you have a solution, let everyone know!!!
    Here's what I do - I keep all of my appointments both work and personal on my Google gmail account. Since my company hosts OWA access to my email I can set up my Blackberry BIS to pull my company email and send it to my Blackberry. I get both my gmail and my company OWA email on my Blackberry. My company has BES but I don't like the idea that they can control applications and other data on my personal Blackberry so I don't use it. The down-side is I have to manually enter my work related appointments in my gmail account but I like having everything in one account that easily syncs with my Blackberry.

Let us know what you ended up doing!
    01-15-11 12:52 AM
    Yeah that's an interesting idea. I am curious to hear more.
    01-17-11 08:59 AM
    Anyone????

Come on I know I'm not alone in this situation. BIS users show yourself up!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

01-18-11 08:01 PM
    I have Outlook 2003 at the office and BB Desktop Manager installed on the work desktop. I have 4 email accounts but all my appointments are on the work calendar. Each account has a CICAL & CMIME in the service book. I wiped the calendar on the BB, then did a wired synch the first time. Going forward, I made my work email account the default - indeed I think the only - account for the calendar. So what I've noticed is that as long as there is a CICAL for the work account, I can open & accept appointments my secretary sends me on the BB and they are added on the BB. Then every week or so I do a wired synch just to catch any other modifications made on the device or computer or anything my secretary put on there without doing an emailed "invite.". Do you follow? It took me about three years and CB Forums before I perfected this system. I used to just delete the CICALs from the service book & a wired synch every other day b/c otherwise I got tons of extra entries. The key was wiping the device calendar & setting the default calendar.

Hope this helps.

01-18-11 09:05 PM
    What do you do to keep your email read/unread status synched from your outlook and your BB?

What pisses me off is that I gotta mark them as read on the BB every once in a while and after every day of work. After some time, it gets old.
    01-19-11 12:43 PM
    I no longer have Outlook but I too was tired of checking Outlook, Online Acct and BB. I forgot exactly what I did, but can't you check setting in Outlook how often it checks for mail? what if you checked emails on BB and once a day manually check the Emails in Outlook (send/receive button). Opened Emails should show up as open, if they were opened before Outlook received them right, or am I wrong here.

If you go the Gmail rout and connect your corp acct to Gmail, you could send an email with BB&CorpAcct and have your BB send BCC to gmail acct also
    01-19-11 02:29 PM
    Nah it's not exactly the way it work. And anyways I have to read them on my Outlook. I'm sitting all day in from of the computer, I see no reason to use anything else than Outlook. When the email is received, it appears in Outlook and on the BB, this is how BIS works.
    01-19-11 02:46 PM
    outlook or google. I used outlook most of the time, switch too google a couple months ago and it works. Its hard to do both IMO so pick 1 and stay with it
    01-19-11 02:48 PM
    I think somewhere there is a place to turn wireless reconcile on. I looked & I am not sure where. But I am pretty sure if I open an email on the computer it will be reflected on the BB & if I delete something on the comp it will be reflected. I will have to check again to be sure.

01-19-11 03:09 PM
    outlook or google. I used outlook most of the time, switch too google a couple months ago and it works. Its hard to do both IMO so pick 1 and stay with it
    Matt... If you are on google and I am as well meaning I have gmail and I also use Outlook 2007 at home and have DM installed as well. What would you do? Set up Dm with Outlook to sync and put all my appts in Outlook om my home computer or use gmail anfd if gmail how do I set up the sync there?

Thanks
    01-19-11 03:15 PM
    they just dont play nicely together if you use the BIS sync. Now there is a google sync app that will work pretty good and you can still sync with outlook as normal. But there are always possibilites of duplicating things is all.
    01-19-11 03:17 PM
    they just dont play nicely together if you use the BIS sync. Now there is a google sync app that will work pretty good and you can still sync with outlook as normal. But there are always possibilites of duplicating things is all.
    ok thank you as I will keep that in mind but there has to be a simple way since alot of people on here are offering opinions. i wonder if I should just sync with DM and outlook on my home computer and be done with it. I should not get dupes with that setup should I?

You are taking about the app for google called google sync arent you?
    01-19-11 03:39 PM
    you guys are now mixing google into the scenario, but in my specific case, I'm not using google.

It's stricly a outlook VERSUS BIS sync.

I know google is now somewhat 2 way sync though
    01-19-11 04:38 PM
    and there is no way to activate reconciliation on BIS. onless im not aware of it.
    01-19-11 05:33 PM
    you guys are now mixing google into the scenario, but in my specific case, I'm not using google.

It's stricly a outlook VERSUS BIS sync.

I know google is now somewhat 2 way sync though
    Nobody is "MIXING" Google into anything. I asked Matt who has been around a long time and knows quite a bit who I trust an alternative to what else was suggested and google sync is a good program to install and use. I am just now reading about how to use it and it seems very straight forward to use.

There should be quite a few examples for you to choose from and I hope you find one. let us knowwhat you do, I know what I am going to do.
    01-19-11 06:02 PM
    maybe im not following then.

are you going to sync your business email that you normally read with outlook on a gmail account, and then use this account to sync on your BB trough BIS?
    01-19-11 06:36 PM
    maybe im not following then.

are you going to sync your business email that you normally read with outlook on a gmail account, and then use this account to sync on your BB trough BIS?
    I am strictly using this for BIS only. I have no need to do this for business.
    01-19-11 06:41 PM
    It's all BIS. If you do not have BES (Enterprise set-up) you have BIS. IMHO you can do just fine with BB Desktop Manager on Outlook. It's not as good as BES, but as I described above, I have found a good solution.

Other people do stuff w/google sync, but I can't speak to that.

01-19-11 06:48 PM
    yeah ok, but my question remains...
    How do you keep the read status on both sides?
    01-19-11 06:58 PM
    Google is in control of my life. I R A ROBOT!!!
    01-19-11 07:01 PM
    gotta love google !!
    01-19-11 07:02 PM
    Go to the set-up folder > email settings > menu > help to read more about what level of wireless reconciliation you can attain without adding other apps.

01-19-11 08:03 PM
    What is written in the help isn't true. Actually it is when you use gmail, but not when you use pop3 with an outlook client.
    01-20-11 08:11 AM
    I am using BIS connecting to OWA for work mail and pop for personal mail.

If I read on my BB, or delete, with OWA it will mark as read or delete and push through Exchange Server to my desktop. Exchange Server doesn't pass the same info back to the BB through BIS if I do it at my desk.

With outlook set to delete meeting invites when accepted, they weren't getting through to the BB. So I turned that off. The other thing is that (unless I am missing something) I can't NOT send a response when I accept on the BB. So I never send a response on my desktop.

When I initiate a meeting through, BB or desktop, it will not push through.

My personal email on pop pushes nothing in either direction.
    02-26-11 02:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD