07-08-12 08:05 AM
58 123
tools
    See, there's no reason why an app like Quickpull should even exist. At what point did you long time Crackberry users suddenly lie down and agree that memory leaks and poorly optimized OS should be the norm for Blackberry? As far as I know, no other smartphone platform has this issue with memory management and the need to perform a battery pull to keep their device running smoothly.
    I doesn't help that on pre-OS7 devices, the boot time was atrociously long.

RIM has been going downhill for a while...and nobody cared to notice. The fact that a company that was in full control of hardware and software could not even optimize the damn devices to run smoothly for days is a clear indicator.
    Battery pulls haven't been needed in a long time, you can use that app or the 3 button combination, you never have to physically take the battery out.

A BlackBerry does cache a lot of data, and it doesn't clear by itself, you, the user, have to do it.

This does have the benefit of saving you a lot of data, where another smartphone has to redownload data, the BB keeps it of off line use.
    07-07-12 03:08 AM
    I love your avatar. What Linux distro are you running? I like openSUSE 12.1. I have KDE 4.8.2 installed, and it is my favorite desktop.

I'm also running Win7 Professional, and I have not gotten viruses either.
    Currently LinuxMint 13. I actually have many desktops installed. MATE,Cinnamon,GNOME3. But my fav and most used is KDE.
    07-07-12 02:12 PM
    I have never owned a Iphone or Android smartphone. My only smartphones have been my current BB Style and my previous BB Curve 8330. My girlfriend up to this week owned a BB Torch 9850 which she just replaced with a Samsung Galaxy S3. I will also be replacing my phone next week with a HTC Evo. Now let's stay on topic and stop spreading lies.
    ThePodofi is your username on ifans.com
    07-07-12 02:20 PM
    A BlackBerry does cache a lot of data, and it doesn't clear by itself, you, the user, have to do it.
    This does have the benefit of saving you a lot of data, where another smartphone has to redownload data, the BB keeps it of off line use.
    What a horse chit. I do not want any website to show me cached data. When I go to a website I want to see the update content, not what is cached in the device.
    07-07-12 11:10 PM
    When I had my Tour, when this would happen (not often just when I didn't clean it up after a few days and/or when I was doing some serious multitasking expecting the 500 and change MHz processor to handle it), this is the typical reaction: Are you ******* kidding me?! Oh my god are you serious!!?? Oh this ******* piece of **** I can't take it anymore!!....I would actually be screaming this at my device. But to be honest I loved it and even miss it. You really have to be a true BlackBerry user to understand the love/hate relationship with the hourglass
    07-07-12 11:19 PM
    Never happens. Crap firmware, Crap, apps, isn't that what separates the people who have issues and those who don't?
    07-07-12 11:55 PM
    When I had my blackberry I just pull the battery and wait 5 minutes for it to reboot. This was in 2009 on the 8900. I do not know about bb7 phones. I am assuming it improved a bit with the single core snap dragon processors.
    07-08-12 01:19 AM
    a.) pretend you're still surfing the net
    b.) tell yourself that I've stuck with a blackberry for years, what's a minute
    c.) press the keyboard violently and freakout
    d.) throw your blackberry in the garbage bin
    e.) asking yourself why am I still on this thing
    f.) and finally ... accept it for what it is
    I do a battery pull, then I uninstall the last app I had installed before it started lagging or freezing. That usually works for me!
    07-08-12 08:05 AM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD