HAHAHHAHAHAH, Dam NJPhilly always good for a laugh. Really I enjoy reading your nonsense.
    I thinks it time for you to move on.
    Dont even bother with this NJPhillies
    he owned an iPhone and then got into Rooting Androids
    he really doesn't own a BlackBerrry.
    That BB flip is probably his girls phone.
    Back on topic.
    With the exception of downloading or upgrading an app
    there should be no hour Glass on
    the OS7 BB. Last time I got an hour glass while
    using the phone was about a year ago on my OS6 9800.
    RoseBud68 likes this.
    07-05-12 08:10 PM
    I give it the three finger salute....alt, shift, delete
    If that doesn't work I pull the battery

My Skyrocket does it and I pull the battery
    My iPhone did it and I did a reset
    My iPad does it and I do a reset
    My laptop does it and I do a control alt delete

It's tech
    As long as my heart doesn't do it, I'm easy
    I was going to post a reply in this thread but there is no need. It cannot be said any better than this.
    maddie1128 likes this.
    07-05-12 08:59 PM
    Here's what you do, you sell your BB on eBay and then buy a iPhone or an Andriod phone ASAP. Mission accomplished!
    07-05-12 09:02 PM
    Here's what you do, you sell your BB on eBay and then buy a iPhone or an Andriod phone ASAP. Mission accomplished!

thanks steve jobs

07-05-12 09:10 PM

Its all good Bullseye, Been here long enough to know who's who around here. NJphilly is harmless.

Last edited by RoseBud68; 07-05-12 at 09:46 PM. Reason: spell check
    07-05-12 09:28 PM
    Well, of course the latest phones will have less of this problem, but my BB bold 9780 has this problem all the time. But its just the sign of the times, right?
    07-05-12 09:34 PM
    I am glad you are able to get a good laugh from my BlackBerry style, since everyone else that sees it laughs uncontrollably.
    I shared your pain with the style until 6 weeks ago when it was replaced with an iphone 4s and is now used as a presentation remote for my playbook.
    07-05-12 09:42 PM
    Back on topic.
    With the exception of downloading or upgrading an app
    there should be no hour Glass on
    the OS7 BB. Last time I got an hour glass while
    using the phone was about a year ago on my OS6 9800.
    The style is os6 and isnt legacy upgradeable to os7. All his complaints about it are accurate and I suffered with that phone for a year with Sprint who told me it was upgradeable to os7. Never trust a carrier rep.
    07-05-12 09:48 PM
    But of course all current and prior versions of Android and iOS are absolutely 100% flawless...
    kbz1960 likes this.
    07-05-12 10:28 PM
    The style is os6 and isnt legacy upgradeable to os7. All his complaints about it are accurate and I suffered with that phone for a year with Sprint who told me it was upgradeable to os7. Never trust a carrier rep.
    The Style is a miserable phone, but the good news is I should have a new phone by next week.
    07-05-12 10:28 PM
    I have never owned a Iphone or Android smartphone. My only smartphones have been my current BB Style and my previous BB Curve 8330. My girlfriend up to this week owned a BB Torch 9850 which she just replaced with a Samsung Galaxy S3. I will also be replacing my phone next week with a HTC Evo. Now let's stay on topic and stop spreading lies.
    07-05-12 10:36 PM
    Well that can't possibly be a new Android. Can it?
    Atrix 2. He just has too much crap on it. Any phone will have an issue if the user does not maintain it. It's like my Windows computer, it hasn't had a virus since 2003.
    Last edited by Philldoe; 07-05-12 at 11:34 PM.
    07-05-12 11:28 PM
    Atrix 2. He just has too much crap on it. Any phone will have an issue if the user does not maintain it. It's like my Windows computer, it hasn't had a virus since 2003.
    I love your avatar. What Linux distro are you running? I like openSUSE 12.1. I have KDE 4.8.2 installed, and it is my favorite desktop.

I'm also running Win7 Professional, and I have not gotten viruses either.
    07-05-12 11:48 PM
    But of course all current and prior versions of Android and iOS are absolutely 100% flawless...

Android was crap a few iterations ago. Have you see the HTC hero. My goodness, that looked ugly, interface and all.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    07-05-12 11:58 PM
    They are?
    07-06-12 12:00 AM
    Android was crap a few iterations ago. Have you see the HTC hero. My goodness, that looked ugly, interface and all.
    That's what I replaced my bb with. Once rooted it was awesome, out of the box it still ran circles around the old bb. Now my Evo 3D makes that look bad.
    Just waiting to see what comes out around the holidays so I can replace this. Most likely it'll be a quad core and I can't wait.
    07-06-12 06:01 AM
    Ask myself the question "what did I f*cked up ?".
    Then if really frozen (never happened), I pull my battery.

BTW, as a reminder (especially for those using pouch) and for those who will land here after a web search : How to enable automatic memory claning .
    Top notch. As James said : "You'll be crazy not to" !
    07-06-12 08:03 AM
    That's what I replaced my bb with. Once rooted it was awesome, out of the box it still ran circles around the old bb. Now my Evo 3D makes that look bad.
    Just waiting to see what comes out around the holidays so I can replace this. Most likely it'll be a quad core and I can't wait.
    ... --
    Samsung Galaxy Note II tipped for August reveal, 5.5″ screen - SlashGear
    07-06-12 10:37 AM
    Still don't know what this has to do with the topic but that is going to be a phablet for sure. How many will hold this to their ear to talk and how many will only use speaker phone or bt?
    07-06-12 10:54 AM
    When I first got my 9700, I was also looking at the Motorola Cliq. What a mistake THAT would've been!!!
    07-06-12 11:02 AM
    Curse at the thing in front of your kids, and crawl in a corner while they repeat the words in front of your wife.

Not that I'm speaking from experience...hmm hmm
    Or in front of your bird. I have an African Gray parrot that has quite a vocabulary of cuss words. I can't deny where she learned it from cuz she says them in my voice.
    07-06-12 08:00 PM
    I have to agree with a few here that if/when it happens, it's usually a rogue app. Normally one that's eaten a ton of memory for no apparent reason. That said, it's also usually when I've gone two or three days without pulling the battery and the memory actually starts to get low. It's why I like apps like QuickPull that reset my phone and keep it running like brand new... despite the 7 hard drops my 9810 has gone through.

Otherwise, it is rare to see it happen... very rare.

My android it's also incredibly rare to see it freeze up, but it has happened.
    07-06-12 08:54 PM
    Do what I do and curse the living daylights out of the two former CEOs.
    07-07-12 02:43 AM
    It's why I like apps like QuickPull that reset my phone and keep it running like brand new... despite the 7 hard drops my 9810 has gone through.
    See, there's no reason why an app like Quickpull should even exist. At what point did you long time Crackberry users suddenly lie down and agree that memory leaks and poorly optimized OS should be the norm for Blackberry? As far as I know, no other smartphone platform has this issue with memory management and the need to perform a battery pull to keep their device running smoothly.
    I doesn't help that on pre-OS7 devices, the boot time was atrociously long.

RIM has been going downhill for a while...and nobody cared to notice. The fact that a company that was in full control of hardware and software could not even optimize the damn devices to run smoothly for days is a clear indicator.
    07-07-12 02:47 AM
    It's why I like apps like QuickPull that reset my phone and keep it running like brand new... despite the 7 hard drops my 9810 has gone through.
    See, there's no reason why an app like Quickpull should even exist. At what point did you long time Crackberry users suddenly lie down and agree that memory leaks and poorly optimized OS should be the norm for Blackberry? As far as I know, no other smartphone platform has this issue with memory management and the need to perform a battery pull to keep their device running smoothly.
    I doesn't help that on pre-OS7 devices, the boot time was atrociously long.

RIM has been going downhill for a while...and nobody cared to notice. The fact that a company that was in full control of hardware and software could not even optimize the damn devices to run smoothly for days is a clear indicator.
    07-07-12 02:58 AM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD