a.) pretend you're still surfing the net
    b.) tell yourself that I've stuck with a blackberry for years, what's a minute
    c.) press the keyboard violently and freakout
    d.) throw your blackberry in the garbage bin
    e.) asking yourself why am I still on this thing
    f.) and finally ... accept it for what it is

07-05-12 12:00 PM
    I give it the three finger salute....alt, shift, delete
    If that doesn't work I pull the battery

My Skyrocket does it and I pull the battery
    My iPhone did it and I did a reset
    My iPad does it and I do a reset
    My laptop does it and I do a control alt delete

It's tech
    As long as my heart doesn't do it, I'm easy
    07-05-12 12:04 PM
    g.) figure out why its freezing up, May be an app that causing it.
    h.) Update the OS to a newer version.
    i.) Upgrade your phone, may be your using an old model.
    07-05-12 12:06 PM
    G) Put it down, get other phone, finish what I was doing and keep it movin'
    rdkempt, Yaceka and Mecca EL like this.
    07-05-12 12:08 PM
    Put it in my pocket and go on my merry way. Take it out after a few minutes and do what I need to do.
    07-05-12 12:09 PM
    I had this problem a couple of times and it's always some app I recently installed. I delete the suspect app.

I do the alt+aA↑+del right away and relentlessly pursue the rogue app
    07-05-12 12:12 PM
    Curse at the thing in front of your kids, and crawl in a corner while they repeat the words in front of your wife.

Not that I'm speaking from experience...hmm hmm
    07-05-12 12:15 PM
    My BlackBerry is a constant battle with the spinning clock. Lately throwing it against a wall has helped pass the time. Can't wait until I am rid of this spinning clock disaster of a phone.
    07-05-12 12:19 PM
    Rarely happens to me and when it does I wait. If it doesn't come back I pull the battery.
    07-05-12 12:25 PM
    The only time I get it is when I'm downloading multiple apps at a time so I don't really stress it.
    Other than that I never see it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    07-05-12 12:50 PM
    I give it the three finger salute....alt, shift, delete
    If that doesn't work I pull the battery

My Skyrocket does it and I pull the battery
    My iPhone did it and I did a reset
    My iPad does it and I do a reset
    My laptop does it and I do a control alt delete

It's tech
    As long as my heart doesn't do it, I'm easy
    If my heart can be rebooted if it stops working properly...I'll take it!
    cathidid and pantlesspenguin like this.
    07-05-12 01:24 PM

Heeeeheeee....touch�...
    07-05-12 02:27 PM
    AED will only work if you have something going on there. If not it tells you to continue CPR, no shock advised. Which could mean you're dead or you have enough there to not shock you.
    07-05-12 02:47 PM
    Hm, the hourglass? Well I've had a Bold 9000, Torch 9800, and am currently on a Bold 9900. Can't say I've ever had the hourglass pop up for more than about 3 seconds at a time on the 2 older phones. I've never seen it on the 9900. So... I guess the answer is I wait 3 seconds and keep going.

I do have a friend with an iPhone who complains about it freezing on occasion. My brother has an Android phone, it never freezes up but it's always slow in general.

Smartass question get's a smartass answer.
    07-05-12 03:28 PM
    I got a new phone.
    07-05-12 03:46 PM
    The ONLY time I get the hourglass is when I'm installing or updating an app. I don't do that very often, but when I do, I've always known what to expect. I really don't know why everybody makes such a big deal over the whole app install thing. That's the way it works. Any of you people ever installed a serious piece of software on a PC? Many of them do the same thing. And don't bother thinking of switching to a Mac because of it, because Macs to it too. If it bothers you that much, then for God's sake shut up and get another phone. Oh the misery of it all.
    07-05-12 03:59 PM
    Hm, the hourglass? Well I've had a Bold 9000, Torch 9800, and am currently on a Bold 9900. Can't say I've ever had the hourglass pop up for more than about 3 seconds at a time on the 2 older phones. I've never seen it on the 9900. So... I guess the answer is I wait 3 seconds and keep going.

I do have a friend with an iPhone who complains about it freezing on occasion. My brother has an Android phone, it never freezes up but it's always slow in general.

Smartass question get's a smartass answer.
    Well that can't possibly be a new Android. Can it?
    07-05-12 04:01 PM
    My BlackBerry is a constant battle with the spinning clock. Lately throwing it against a wall has helped pass the time. Can't wait until I am rid of this spinning clock disaster of a phone.
    HAHAHHAHAHAH, Dam NJPhilly always good for a laugh. Really I enjoy reading your nonsense.
    I thinks it time for you to move on.
    llllBULLSEYE and Spencerdl like this.
    07-05-12 05:08 PM
    I turned off Enable Compression in storage and that stopped it. Plus got rid of those apps I didn't use.

Also with advance os & led app my bb now reboots on its own during the night and memory cleans every few hours on its own.

^^^how cool is that^^^ thanks to Sultan
    Last edited by Ben1232; 07-05-12 at 05:24 PM.
    Mecca EL and maddie1128 like this.
    07-05-12 05:21 PM
    Wait until the app install finishes as this is the only time i ever get an hourglass.

Sent from my flip-phone.
    07-05-12 05:31 PM
    I concentrate really hard....I focus my mind on the hour glass saying " please go away" and what do you know? after 5 minutes it's gone...trust me it works all the time...
    cycomyk likes this.
    07-05-12 06:04 PM
    Sign out of the BBM group that you're in, hourglass go bye bye!
    07-05-12 06:08 PM
    Enjoyed reading your comments guys thanks, too bad i was working and can't follow this thread. And yeah, I get hourglass a lot, its coming out of nowhere. Tried everything possible except throwing my 9900 to a wall
    07-05-12 06:12 PM
    HAHAHHAHAHAH, Dam NJPhilly always good for a laugh. Really I enjoy reading your nonsense.
    I thinks it time for you to move on.
    I am glad you are able to get a good laugh from my BlackBerry style, since everyone else that sees it laughs uncontrollably.
    07-05-12 07:18 PM
    I am glad you are able to get a good laugh from my BlackBerry style, since everyone else that sees it laughs uncontrollably.
    Meh...

10 chart.
    07-05-12 07:36 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD