You are talking in riddles.

BlackBerry is not involved in devices in any way whatsoever - nor will they be.
    So are you saying that BlackBerry is going to stop software for Android phones etc because they have not said so.
    12-01-19 12:23 AM
    So are you saying that BlackBerry is going to stop software for Android phones etc because they have not said so.
    Huh?

We're talking about building handsets, are we not?

BlackBerry hasn't sold a new device for over 3 years.
    12-01-19 12:25 AM
    So, secession of security updates has nothing to do with a devise going EOL? Interesting!

PS - Is the Passport EOL in your opinion?
    There are a number of steps on the way to EOL (End Of Life) for a typical computing product.

- End Of (Primary) Sales: the end of sales from authorized retailers - for most computing products, this is around 1 year from the release date, but some products are specifically designed to be on the market for several years, including things like "Long-Term Support" Enterprise-class desktops. Note that this period doesn't count non-authorized retailers, who often buy clearance inventory sold back by the authorized retailers to distributors.

- End of Development - When software development (OS updates and security patches) ends.

- End of Support - For some products, this precedes End Of Life, and is the date the manufacturer no longer offers support for the product.

- End Of Life - The date the manufacturer specifies that the product should no longer be expected to perform its primary tasks - meaning you are completely on your own. This is sometimes combined with End Of Support.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    12-01-19 02:13 AM
    If you are talking about BBMo (TCL), which is anything after the Priv, any updates/patches are provided to TCL by BB, but ONLY when TCL pays for that development work to be done. TCL has stopped paying, and so anything that wasn't already paid for isn't going to come unless TCL decides to pay - and given they are already losing money on every device, that isn't likely to happen.

BB of course also has some of their apps in the Play Store that can run on most Android devices, and they've already discontinued development of some of those apps. The others depend on the subscription revenues generated by non-BB-branded devices using those apps.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    12-01-19 02:18 AM
    I feel like I’m participating in alternate universe Star Trek episode from the 60’s from when I was a kid in the 70s
    Or Man In The High Castle.
    12-02-19 12:14 PM
    Or Man In The High Castle.
    I was thinking of that as I posted but wasn’t sure if people watch same TV with 2.7 billion new shows each season now
    12-02-19 12:35 PM
    I was thinking of that as I posted but wasn’t sure if people watch same TV with 2.7 billion new shows each season now
    Funny you mentioned Star Trek, though. If you're not yet fifty, you would only have seen the original Star Trek in syndication.

Or maybe you're assuming the majority here watched the original B&W broadcast?
    12-02-19 12:45 PM
    Let me guess...people are thinking "we are back" as in back in the handset game? All this likely means is we're back for the day. And they give support on a lot of things and never handset support (left up to BBMo). So either way, this has nothing to do with devices.
    12-02-19 01:08 PM
    Funny you mentioned Star Trek, though. If you're not yet fifty, you would only have seen the original Star Trek in syndication.

I’m part of the syndication generation. I’m sure there are some here 10-15 years older. Not everyone can be your 29 though ;-)
    12-02-19 01:16 PM
    Oh, how I wish I was 29 again!

Yo! Universe! I'm ready for my do-over.
    12-02-19 01:23 PM
    BlackBerry already has EOL most of the device apps for Android back in June - Productivity Tab, Power Center, Notable, Device Search.
    The HUB+ Suite is still under some development, but it's a shared product that is also sold by the UEM division. But even it's development has slowed greatly, and where we once had four or five developers here.... I'm not sure any of them have replied in the last few months.

They haven't officially announced EOL for Android 7 & 8 yet, but have for Android 5 & 6. But there is no sign of Android 9 or 10 work being done....

BB10.3.X - END OF LIFE - December 2019

• The product will no longer be supported by BlackBerry
    • There will be no new versions of software
    • No software patches, security fixes or workarounds will be generated to resolve any product issues
    • BlackBerry Technical Support will no longer accept or troubleshoot issues directly related to the OS or application
    If they were doing something with BB10.... there is no befit in keeping it on the EOL list. And if they were doing anything with BB10, they'd have to hire people and spend millions - and BlackBerry would become a penny stock before shareholder got done dumping shares.
    12-02-19 02:07 PM

The original Star Trek was very much in color, though some households only had B&W TVs.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-02-19 02:13 PM
    The original Star Trek was very much in color, though some households only had B&W TVs.

I was young... didn't understand that the reruns I was watching were from a show that had been canceled years ago. Same for Batman, Gilligan and Jed. Also couldn't wait to see what Walt Disney would bring to TV on Sunday...
    ppeters914 and Laura Knotek like this.
    12-02-19 02:58 PM

Very true, one of the reasons NBC approved Star Trek from Desilu was the need for color tv programming in the mid 60's.
    12-03-19 12:10 AM
    Got to watch a couple of the originally aired episodes in 69 as I was 6 at the time it was cancelled. We watched them on a 26" Black & White TV console! First saw the reruns in 74 in colour and it was wondrous!

Posted via my Passport
    12-03-19 12:24 PM
    Got to watch a couple of the originally aired episodes in 69 as I was 6 at the time it was cancelled. We watched them on a 26" Black & White TV console! First saw the reruns in 74 in colour and it was wondrous!

Posted via my Passport
    Haha, Crusader’s older than me....but only like an older brother, not parent or uncle.... but still
    12-03-19 12:39 PM
    Life is not a Sprint! It's a Marathon!

Posted via my Passport
    eshropshire likes this.
    12-03-19 12:44 PM

Posted via my Passport
    We hope.
    12-03-19 01:08 PM
    Amen to that!

Posted via my Passport
    12-03-19 01:17 PM

Posted via my Passport
    BB10 and Life have a lot in common..... really don't know how long either will last, but either way it won't be long enough.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    12-03-19 01:43 PM
    Truth!

Posted via my Passport
    12-03-19 02:51 PM
    BB10 and Life have a lot in common..... really don't know how long either will last, but either way it won't be long enough.
    Truth!

Posted via my Passport
    Nothing else but just agree
    12-03-19 03:52 PM
72 123