When I first joined the forum I would read allot of similar threads like this one and ask myself wtf (hey howdy mod don't ban me, gotta watch this mod bad news) are they talking about and why do they head off on wild tangents - but I digress. And back to more important matters chuck namely your online dating habits ...

Posted via CB10
    Well I don’t use Twitter for online dating. I’m hoping that somehow TCL will rollout the BBMo sub-licensed BlackBerry dating app run by Tinder yet purported to guarantee safe hookups.

Of course, it will be argued here whether or not the security by obscurity reasons apply or if the dating app is safe because they’re all virtual dates involving cellar dwellers.... Then, another proposed theory will arise, that participants are geriatrics because that’s all the recognition that BlackBerry attracts. The site folds and many will blame the lack of enough marketing.
    11-30-19 07:19 AM
    Maybe the guy that runs the account is back from vacation lmao!
    11-30-19 07:44 AM

Of course, it will be argued here whether or not the security by obscurity reasons apply
    Better off using a BB10 device then since it's not vulnerable to the same security threats. I'm not a hacker but I would assume a few hundred thousand BB10 users remaining, if you are to believe the concrete man's numbers, aren't worth the time spent on especially since none of those users are likely using a BB10 device to do banking with. But I think Chucky you have a different take on this. What Key2 do I get in Canada (i.e., BBB-?).

Posted via CB10
    11-30-19 10:27 AM
    Maybe the guy that runs the account is back from vacation lmao!
    That's the point we were trying to make BBLtd Support were logging in for the day (ie they were back the day), as they do every day and it was construed by a few ppl on twitter visiting BBLtd Support that day to mean BBLtd is back in the handset business, no one bothered to check that they hadn't actually gone anywhere - a quick glance at the acct would have indicated this but twitter ran with it. Nothing has changed in regard to BB10 EOL.

Posted via CB10
    ppeters914 likes this.
    11-30-19 10:39 AM
    Better off using a BB10 device then since it's not vulnerable to the same security threats. I'm not a hacker but I would assume a few hundred thousand BB10 users remaining, if you are to believe the concrete man's numbers, aren't worth the time spent on especially since none of those users are likely using a BB10 device to do banking with. But I think Chucky you have a different take on this. What Key2 do I get in Canada (i.e., BBB-?).

Posted via CB10
    BBF100-2 if you’re in Canada and I’d personally suggest carrier version for support reasons and WFC depending on carrier.
    11-30-19 11:31 AM
    BBF100-2 if you’re in Canada and I’d personally suggest carrier version for support reasons and WFC depending on carrier.
    This is what Telus is selling a Key2 for $870 (carrier version) as of today, the price is a bit high for a device stuck on oreo and hence why I'd rather pick one up on ebay from either a Can or US vendor, if I can find one reasonably priced. btw Staples (yyc) has removed its Key2 LE from its displays, up to this point they carried BB devices going back to the DTEK50/60 from what I'm told.

What do We Make of This?-teluskey2.png
    11-30-19 11:45 AM
    There was no extension of support. EOL remains at Dec 2019. There was only a clarification that many of the background services won't be immediately shut down on the same date.
    End of life for Key two is officially 2021 subject to the three year rule for Google Enterprise.
    Rumours of a Fives-Eyes production facility are increasing.
    UK defence administration network (Companies and Government etc) is pushing Blackberry to get a new manufacturing plant sorted quickly. NATO has suggested may be 10 million phone units accross 15 countries within 2 years.
    Russia is interested in units made in Germany or The UK (but not USA).
    11-30-19 11:59 AM
    End of life for Key two is officially 2021 subject to the three year rule for Google Enterprise.
    Rumours of a Fives-Eyes production facility are increasing.
    UK defence administration network (Companies and Government etc) is pushing Blackberry to get a new manufacturing plant sorted quickly. NATO has suggested may be 10 million phone units accross 15 countries within 2 years.
    Russia is interested in units made in Germany or The UK (but not USA).
    No EOL date has been announced yet for any of the BBMo devices. Google Enterprise rules are irrelevant. Nor does any particular version of Android become EOL - only an end date for patches is announced (Sep/Oct 2020 for Oreo).

No idea where you are getting your info about BlackBerry manufacturing, but they have no interest in jumping back into handsets.
    11-30-19 12:06 PM
    This is what Telus is selling a Key2 for $870 (carrier version) as of today, the price is a bit high for a device stuck on oreo and hence why I'd rather pick one up on ebay from either a Can or US vendor, if I can find one reasonably priced. btw Staples (yyc) has removed its Key2 LE from its displays, up to this point they carried BB devices going back to the DTEK50/60 from what I'm told.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TelusKey2.PNG 
Views:	15 
Size:	175.1 KB 
ID:	446860
    Understand that I’m with AT&T for carrier sales and support preferences. I also intentionally buy on interest free payments in order to maintain customer leverage with carrier if and when device problems arise.

If you can find the device via Amazon or eBay at 40-50% discount, then I’d buy the factory unlocked model. This is because I’m expecting ZERO device support at that point. It’s throwaway at that point to me. From Amazon, I’d only buy Amazon new or Amazon deal with Amazon the seller. I don’t buy new issue hardware from anyone other than OEM sellers with “official” status. Now you can see why I have the AT&T KEYone and the BE KEYone lastly. I passed on the Motion, Key2 and Key2 LE for these reasons for now. Because of limited inventory quantities, I doubt I’ll ever get another BBMo device.

Too bad I live in Florida and not in Ontario for BlackBerry Mobile hardware purposes.
    bb9900user2018 likes this.
    11-30-19 12:23 PM
    I get some carrier support with a BYOD plan, but what you're saying is there's more of it e.g., replacing defective devices and that plan costs reflect this additional support.
    11-30-19 12:58 PM
    I, for one, am going to use this as a beacon of hope and try not to be too disappointed when it turns out to be nothing. Either way, come on Blackberry! I have faith you can come back! This is exactly what I need to optimistic about right now.
    clutching at straws
    11-30-19 01:10 PM
    I get some carrier support with a BYOD plan, but what you're saying is there's more of it e.g., replacing defective devices and that plan costs reflect this additional support.
    For me, the carrier postpaid account is cheaper due to the number of lines I have. Even if my lines dropped to one, there are still advantages to me on AT&T with a carrier device. The biggest is that AT&T only supports complete Enhanced Calling Features on carrier sold and locked devices. This appears to be the same on other three USA carriers as well. T-Mobile could be partly the exception but only with postpaid accounts.

The carrier sold devices in USA seem to be optimized better than factory unlocked versions as well. I have found times where I’ve got identical phones side by side and the carrier version has full data speed and the unlocked version is lagging data speed with no good reason. The carriers seem to be fine only providing basic required service on BYOD and the rest is hit or miss.
    bb9900user2018 and ppeters914 like this.
    11-30-19 02:03 PM
    Everytime some truck driver in Saskatchewan pulls a RADAR unit installed trailer, BB issues a press release about the effect it will have on the Manitoba economy next door including how many cups of coffee each truck driver purchases at estimated Starbucks prices instead of TH prices.

Your Canadian geography game is on point
    11-30-19 03:10 PM
    clutching at straws
    Whatever gets me through the week.
    bb9900user2018 likes this.
    11-30-19 03:43 PM
    No EOL date has been announced yet for any of the BBMo devices. Google Enterprise rules are irrelevant. Nor does any particular version of Android become EOL - only an end date for patches is announced (Sep/Oct 2020 for Oreo).

No idea where you are getting your info about BlackBerry manufacturing, but they have no interest in jumping back into handsets.
    I feel like I’m participating in alternate universe Star Trek episode from the 60’s from when I was a kid in the 70s
    Laura Knotek and John Albert like this.
    11-30-19 07:06 PM

When do you consider a devise to be EOL? K1 has had no updates except AT&T! Are the AT&T updates actually security or carrier updates? So all other K1 variants are not EOL according to you? So I understand, they are not receiving anymore OS upgrades or Security Patches, but you still consider them not EOL because BBMo has not made an official statement? Yet you repeatedly state that BBMo has no obligation or gain in announcing anything! This is truly a problematic stance at best?

Posted via my Passport
    John Albert and elfabio80 like this.
    11-30-19 08:46 PM
    When do you consider a devise to be EOL? K1 has had no updates except AT&T! Are the AT&T updates actually security or carrier updates? So all other K1 variants are not EOL according to you? So I understand, they are not receiving anymore OS upgrades or Security Patches, but you still consider them not EOL because BBMo has not made an official statement? Yet you repeatedly state that BBMo has no obligation or gain in announcing anything! This is truly a problematic stance at best?

Posted via my Passport
    The KEYᵒⁿᵉ isn't EOL as they continue to deal with support issues, and repair devices.

BB10 devices will be EOL on Dec 31st, as BlackBerry states they will no longer support the product and BlackBerry Support will no longer accept or troubleshoot issues.
    nevilleadaniels likes this.
    11-30-19 09:04 PM
    The KEYᵒⁿᵉ isn't EOL as they continue to deal with support issues, and repair devices.

BB10 devices will be EOL on Dec 31st, as BlackBerry states they will no longer support the product and BlackBerry Support will no longer accept or troubleshoot issues.
    So, secession of security updates has nothing to do with a devise going EOL? Interesting!

PS - Is the Passport EOL in your opinion?

Posted via my Passport
    John Albert and elfabio80 like this.
    11-30-19 09:09 PM
    So, secession of security updates has nothing to do with a devise going EOL? Interesting!

Posted via my Passport
    BB10 10.3.3 hasn't received an update in almost 2 years, yet isn't EOL until Dec 31st 2019.
    11-30-19 09:11 PM
    Hmmm, interesting! Thanks,

Posted via my Passport
    11-30-19 09:11 PM

Perfectly true but who said about BlackBerry doing the manufacturing. It's just getting manufacturing going in the five eyes or 15 eyes countries.
    11-30-19 11:25 PM
    Perfectly true but who said about BlackBerry doing the manufacturing. It's just getting manufacturing going in the five eyes or 15 eyes countries.
    Going for what? By whom?
    11-30-19 11:26 PM
    Going for what? By whom?
    That remains to be seen at this stage but there are several companies that do make phones in in the 15 eyes countries. There are three manufacturers that still maintain facilities in the five eyes countries.
    Last edited by nevilleadaniels; 12-01-19 at 12:22 AM.
    11-30-19 11:30 PM
    That remains to be seen at this stage but there are several companies that do make friends in in the 15 eyes countries. Are you free manufacturers still maintain facilities in the five eyes countries.
    BlackBerry is no longer in the phone manufacturing business. It exited three years ago. It can’t return now because it doesn’t have the economic resources. There’s no capability regardless of security or manufacturing level. All of it’s resources are dedicated to unrelated but profitable business lines.
    11-30-19 11:35 PM
    That remains to be seen at this stage but there are several companies that do make friends in in the 15 eyes countries. Are you free manufacturers still maintain facilities in the five eyes countries.
    You are talking in riddles.

BlackBerry is not involved in devices in any way whatsoever - nor will they be.
    11-30-19 11:41 PM
72 123