They are back! What could this mean? Certainly welcome news! A sign of things to come? Interesting times and developments! We shall see! What do We Make of This?-screenshot_20191129-093653.jpeg
    11-29-19 11:39 AM
    Is this a TCL or BlackBerry Limited account?
    I remember it was for BlackBerry.
    11-29-19 11:42 AM
    Perhaps we should ask them.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-19 11:49 AM
    Is this a TCL or BlackBerry Limited account?
    I remember it was for BlackBerry.
    This is the real deal! BlackBerry Ltd!
    11-29-19 11:51 AM
    This is the real deal! BlackBerry Ltd!
    Hope it is!

Posted via CB10
    11-29-19 11:53 AM
    We shall soon know! First, the extension of support, now this! These are all signs of something brewing, what it is, remains to be seen.

Posted via my Passport
    Bob80220 and skinnymike1 like this.
    11-29-19 12:08 PM
    We shall soon know! First, the extension of support, now this! These are all signs of something brewing, what it is, remains to be seen.

Posted via my Passport
    I had a look at this twitter account and its fairly active, what exactly is new here? There's also an Aug 2 re-Tweet that confirms the details of their BB10 commitment made earlier this year which is for sure interesting and suggests that BBLtd are not walking away from BB10 so easily.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    11-29-19 12:34 PM
    Could also explain why Business Insider and a few other media sources have been speaking more about BlackBerry...
    11-29-19 12:48 PM

Posted via my Passport
    There was no extension of support. EOL remains at Dec 2019. There was only a clarification that many of the background services won't be immediately shut down on the same date.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    11-29-19 12:49 PM
    So background services will be supported, fixed if they break. Thanks for the clarification?

Posted via my Passport
    11-29-19 12:54 PM
    I had a look at this twitter account and its fairly active, what exactly is new here? There's also an Aug 2 re-Tweet that confirms the details of their BB10 commitment made earlier this year which is for sure interesting and suggests that BBLtd are not walking away from BB10 so easily.
    What does the retweet of a repeat of a restatement even mean? If anything was going to happen with BB10 or BBAndroid from BlackBerry or BlackBerry Mobile, in terms of statement, we’ve gone well past that statement now.

Step outside from the BB/CB fan perspective for just a minute. Look at this from a simple business perspective like executives from BlackBerry or BlackBerry Mobile are required to do.

1) Where’s the economic resources to support ANYTHING since all of BB resources are in QNX and Cylance now? Ask same question for BBMo since all their economic resources are diverted to parent company TCL now?

2) Even if BB10 was gaining some new support, where’s the real chatter? Public announcement that BBW remains open? Where’s the new app ecosystem development support from the outside? We’ve all seen all the BBX and BB10 chatter prerelease in 2011-2012 and we’re seeing ZERO of anything.

3) If something were happening, why are the EOL statements posted still? Instead of asterisk, shouldn’t the whole statement be pulled down?

4) Ask yourself, if this support is supposed to be new example of a change from previous EOL statement, then what’s actually changed except confirm what so many of us said before the statement?

“We don’t know what happens on 01/01/2020 except that we don’t expect devices to just stop functioning.”

5) What has changed from the above statement with the latest BB word limbo? I’d love some hope of something new for BB10 and BBAndroid now. The only thing we know is that BBOS was still generating some revenue and BBAndroid was generating some revenue only when and if BB licensees pay their outstanding invoices. Simply put, “show us the money.”
    skinnymike1 and ppeters914 like this.
    11-29-19 12:55 PM
    If anything was happening at BlackBerry Ltd, sadly CB would be the last to know as it doesn't appear we have any conduits or relationships to insider info, for quite some time. Now it even appears the relationship between CB and TCL/BBMo has also gone south. So all we have left is speculation on events that are verifiable while still needing to read the Tea leaves for any semblance of meaning.

Posted via my Passport
    11-29-19 01:08 PM
    So background services will be supported, fixed if they break. Thanks for the clarification?

Posted via my Passport
    We don't know that. All we know for sure is that they won't be immediately shut down at midnight on the 31st. There is zero commitment to anything beyond.
    eshropshire likes this.
    11-29-19 01:36 PM
    Let us agree that no one on this forum knows what this means or what will be supported. Bottom line is that it is not dead yet
    11-29-19 01:40 PM
    If anything was happening at BlackBerry Ltd, sadly CB would be the last to know as it doesn't appear we have any conduits or relationships to insider info, for quite some time. Now it even appears the relationship between CB and TCL/BBMo has also gone south. So all we have left is speculation on events that are verifiable while still needing to read the Tea leaves for any semblance of meaning.

Posted via my Passport
    Or, nothing is happening and therefore nothing to announce. Plus, if something was happening behind the scenes it wouldn't be announced or leaked.
    11-29-19 02:01 PM
    All we know for sure is that they won't be immediately shut down at midnight on the 31st. There is zero commitment to anything beyond.
    Let us agree that no one on this forum knows what this means or what will be supported. Bottom line is that it is not dead yet
    My post is precisely what we DO know.

Anything beyond that - good or bad - is pure speculation.
    rarsen likes this.
    11-29-19 02:21 PM
    Everytime some truck driver in Saskatchewan pulls a RADAR unit installed trailer, BB issues a press release about the effect it will have on the Manitoba economy next door including how many cups of coffee each truck driver purchases at estimated Starbucks prices instead of TH prices.

The point is that BB loves to behave like any publicly traded company when it could use any good news for publicity.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    11-29-19 02:28 PM
    They are back! What could this mean? Certainly welcome news! A sign of things to come? Interesting times and developments! We shall see! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20191129-093653.jpeg 
Views:	34 
Size:	50.6 KB 
ID:	446846

It means they're back for the day, like every other day when they sign on and sign off for the day. Not sure why anyone would think it means anything more when they literally do it in a similar fashion every day.
    Tsepz_GP, TgeekB and ppeters914 like this.
    11-29-19 04:43 PM
    Could also explain why Business Insider and a few other media sources have been speaking more about BlackBerry...
    [IMG=1242x2688]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191129/7e58aa28e88d3068205ff113f8274142.png[/url]
    Nah, they do that pretty much on a yearly loop. Always tends to come close to the end of the year when people are on breaks, etc.
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    11-29-19 05:38 PM
    Wasn't twitter down for a bit too yesterday...
    11-29-19 06:18 PM
    It means they're back for the day, like every other day when they sign on and sign off for the day. Not sure why anyone would think it means anything more when they literally do it in a similar fashion every day.
    That was exactly my point, BBLtd Support were posting regularly-there was nothing new in that post. It looks like a couple of ppl visited BBLtd's twitter account that day, they didn't bother to check that BBLtd Support had posted the day before or every day before that and thought the post was in regard to BB10 continued support, then another person on twitter speculated on BB11, crusader then posted a screen capture of that thread and away goes the CB forum - just goes to show allot of the stuff posted on this forum is unreliable or lacking context at the very least. Laughable.

Posted via CB10
    ppeters914 likes this.
    11-29-19 06:53 PM
    That was exactly my point, BBLtd Support were posting regularly-there was nothing new in that post. It looks like a couple of ppl visited BBLtd's twitter account that day, they didn't bother to check that BBLtd Support had posted the day before or every day before that and thought the post was in regard to BB10 continued support, then another person on twitter speculated on BB11, crusader then posted a screen capture of that thread and away goes the CB forum - just goes to show allot of the stuff posted on this forum is unreliable or lacking context at the very least. Laughable.

Posted via CB10
    So you’re saying there's a chance with BB10 ;-D
    11-29-19 06:58 PM
    So you’re saying there's a chance with BB10 ;-D
    When I first joined the forum I would read allot of similar threads like this one and ask myself wtf (hey howdy mod don't ban me, gotta watch this mod bad news) are they talking about and why do they head off on wild tangents - but I digress. And back to more important matters chuck namely your online dating habits ...

Posted via CB10
    ppeters914 likes this.
    11-29-19 07:10 PM
    I agree. I followed that handle for a while and they do post logging in and out daily.
    11-29-19 07:19 PM
    I, for one, am going to use this as a beacon of hope and try not to be too disappointed when it turns out to be nothing. Either way, come on Blackberry! I have faith you can come back! This is exactly what I need to optimistic about right now.
    11-30-19 12:00 AM
72 123