Morning all,

Long time lurker, first time poster. Blackberry life longer.

So I currently own the Keyone and have had it since it was released. However, this is now on it's last legs so I need to change my phone. Sound is dying slowly and ascetically it's look a bit grim.

I never had the cash / saw the appeal of the Key2 as it seemed the same and I didn't have Keyone problems, but obviously now I need to get a new blackberry.

What should I do? Get a Key2 or wait for Key3? But is there going to be a Key3? I can wait for anywhere from 2-8 months ideally, but I don't want to buy a key2 and then the new phone gets released a few months later...

Thanks.
    02-27-20 04:43 AM
    Morning all,

So I currently own the Keyone and have had it since it was released. However, this is now on it's last legs so I need to change my phone. Sound is dying slowly and ascetically it's look a bit grim.

I never had the cash / saw the appeal of the Key2 as it seemed the same and I didn't have Keyone problems, but obviously now I need to get a new blackberry.

What should I do? Get a Key2 or wait for Key3? But is there going to be a Key3? I can wait for anywhere from 2-8 months ideally, but I don't want to buy a key2 and then the new phone gets released a few months later...

Thanks.
    BlackBerry Mobile is officially over. There will be no more devices or updates.

Get a KEY² or look elsewhere.
    branflakes likes this.
    02-27-20 06:24 AM
    Or a KEY2 LE
    02-27-20 07:36 AM
    Morning all,

Thanks.
    I would get a K2 if I was in your position if that's possible, as stock is running out.
    If you've been a long time lurker around crackberry I'm a bit surprised you even asked about a K3 with all the threads that has been posted about this already.
    Good luck and welcome to CB.
    02-27-20 07:39 AM
    TCL is finished producing BlackBerry devices so there will not be a BlackBerry Mobile KEY3. If a PKB device is a must for you, like it is for me and others here on CrackBerry, then I suggest you try and find a KEY2 or a KEY2 LE.

Even though it appears monthly updates, and perhaps any OS updates are done, you should be fine for a couple of years.

Bob
    02-27-20 11:02 AM
    Morning all,

May want to start looking at other brands out there.
    Last edited by howarmat; 02-27-20 at 04:57 PM.
    02-27-20 04:41 PM
    If you really want a pkb phone and maybe don't wanna spent to much money get a used Key2 LE. Wife has one and it's a solid device, and certainly still (not huge though) upgrade to the KeyOne.

Posted from my P'9983
    the_boon likes this.
    03-01-20 05:22 PM
    the KEY2 Is soo much better than the KEYone, Really! we have both in the house...unfortunately my plan is renewing now so the only choice for me going forward was the Pixel 4 XL, though the 3a XL looked good too....I will miss my keyboard but will love the big screen and Google extras and timely updates
    03-01-20 05:33 PM
    the KEY2 Is soo much better than the KEYone, Really! we have both in the house...unfortunately my plan is renewing now so the only choice for me going forward was the Pixel 4 XL, though the 3a XL looked good too....I will miss my keyboard but will love the big screen and Google extras and timely updates
    I picked up a Pixel 4xl. I was running both K2 and Pixel for a few days but now I'm on the Pixel full time. I love everything about it except for the VKB. But I loaded up the BlackBerry Keyboard app. MS Launcher. Reminds me of my old Z30 sometimes. I like how I can limit apps accessing my location to only when I am actually using the app. Looking forward to the March security updates this week!
    03-01-20 10:08 PM
    I had the keyone and then upgraded to the K2. the K2 is like going from the Q10 to the Passport in talking specs upgrade comparison only, not the size of course. K2 hands down
    03-02-20 12:36 AM
    I would check out Samsung phones...
    03-02-20 07:29 AM
    Using all three KBerries, myself. K2 is certainly the most future proofed flagship. Imo. Thanks to its memory, My K2 has become my apps machine. For goophy things like Hilton, Sonic, etc. Heard somewhere that, someone in ROC is monitoring how many Route44 diet Cokes I order thru Sonic app. Lol. Lettem waste time counting, imo. Lol.

I've kept LE lean, mean and clean. For banking, privacy critical messaging, etc. For various reasons, LE is my first pick of the three for typing. Thanks to added "contraptions" and techniques called "ridiculous" around here, I've achieved about 65% wpm rate of my 9900. Which is saying a LOT. Imo.

BUT, K2 isn't so far behind LE for typing. About 62%. The more you type, the more relevant that slight difference gets but... If I had to choose just one K, K2's memory advantage might lean me toward it. ?? Fwiw.

I don't like or use capacitive kb so that's really not a variable in my opinions. Other than it's nice to "wake" the kb lighting with a capacitive swipe. I type totally by feel but do appreciate backlighting for initializing my thumb to a home position in dark conditions. The little teet on Bold's "5" is what my thumb habitually initializes on. Not tactile enough on Ks. For my abused & calloused thumb to reliably locate. Lol. Which is why I DO miss capacitive "wake" when typing on LE in dark. Fwiw.
    03-02-20 10:03 AM
    I picked up a Pixel 4xl. I was running both K2 and Pixel for a few days but now I'm on the Pixel full time. I love everything about it except for the VKB. But I loaded up the BlackBerry Keyboard app. MS Launcher. Reminds me of my old Z30 sometimes. I like how I can limit apps accessing my location to only when I am actually using the app. Looking forward to the March security updates this week!
    Thanks, mine should arrive any day now. When I had my Priv, I used the VKB a lot out of convenience and did okay with it...plus Priv PKB was small for my big fingers. I like pure Android, dislike Samsung UI, only other phone I considered was LG G8X for that cool dual screen at great price, but LG sucks at software updates so that sold me on Pixel. I find myself using voice to text more and more often on KEY2, I think that will be even better on Pixel 4, so typing may be less of a concern, and I use Google Messages for Web to text from my PC, so I am less reliant on phone keyboard now too. I will miss my Blackberry(s), still have a 9900, 2 Privs, a Passport in my drawer, wife uses KEYone and will likely takeover my KEY2 eventually.
    pgg101 likes this.
    03-02-20 11:33 AM
    I would check out Samsung phones...
    Yep Note 10+......
    03-02-20 09:41 PM