Maybe 2 months ago I sold a BB9000 on ebay for $211 shipped. I shipped via USPS priority flat rate. This was my first time shipping flat rate USPS and i had (stupidly) assumed that a tracking number was provided. After leaving the post office i wrote a message to the buyer saying i had shipped. Immediately he asked for a tracking number. I told him (again stupidly) that the post office didn't give me a tracking number but that i shipped priority and he should receive the package withing 2-3 days.

A few days goes by and he emails me saying he never got the package and he is filing a dispute.

Long story short, the post office won't help me, paypal won't release the money unless i provide a tracking number, and i am currently out $211. (the worst part is that i sold this for a friend and now a good deed turned out to cost me $211).

Now i have never had any problems with the post office and i cant imagine that the guy never got my package. i have no proof but i can see how the buyer could easily see this as an opportunity to get a free blackberry. am i screwed? is there anything i can do??
    02-17-10 03:48 PM
    What i would do is send that phone a BBM and see if it shows up as read ... if it is you know someone got it.
    02-17-10 03:50 PM
    Screwed is the right word, yes. You have no proof of anything so there isn't much you can do.
    02-17-10 03:51 PM
    What i would do is send that phone a BBM and see if it shows up as read ... if it is you know someone got it.
    Except that won't help with PayPal at all. Just because someone has it doesn't prove the intended buyer got it.
    02-17-10 03:52 PM

this is a good idea at least just to give me peace of mind..
    02-17-10 04:00 PM
    ok now i cant figure out a way to get that pin number..
    02-17-10 04:05 PM
    If you have a receipt from the post office it may help. And you should try to find out if that person was listed by anyone else as being a scammer. Unfortunately, there appear to be some bastards making a good living by claiming paypal and credit card refunds.
    02-18-10 04:39 AM
    Thanks for the info, BerryWriter. Be careful people, you heard him, don't ship without a tracking number.
    02-18-10 05:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD