Being in the UK and my refusal to keep up with day to day fear mongering news and new 'trends' I've never heard of the 'Kony 2012' campaign

I'm a big fan of a site about occult symbolism in today's media etc. And the guy running it recently made this post: http://vigilantcitizen.com/vigilantr...ew-generation/

It sounds alarming to me and I just wondered what people's opinions are on this? As I think this is aimed more in America?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-13-12 10:50 PM
    Vigilantism scares me. Generally (not always) vigilantes are idealists too impatient to make sure change happens the right (aka in a permanent, effective, and peaceful) way, and aren't interested in finesse or even caution, which results in a plethora of innocent casualties.

I saw a lot of messages about the Kony movement, and not being informed about the matter I delayed participating and even responding. I'm embarrassed for the impulsivity of my generation, and I hope it doesn't end up being channeled into unspeakable consequences (like has happened so often in history, but never with a populace with such ready access to knowledge and communication).
    Last edited by SCrid2000; 03-13-12 at 11:13 PM.
    ria__x likes this.
    03-13-12 11:10 PM
    ria__x likes this.
    03-13-12 11:17 PM
    I don't give a crap about it because most NGOs have special interests.
    ria__x likes this.
    03-13-12 11:31 PM
    And with that simple image you put my eloquence to shame.
    Well played sir. Well played indeed.
    ria__x likes this.
    03-13-12 11:38 PM
    Being in the UK and my refusal to keep up with day to day fear mongering news and new 'trends' I've never heard of the 'Kony 2012' campaign

I'm a big fan of a site about occult symbolism in today's media etc. And the guy running it recently made this post: KONY 2012: State Propaganda for a New Generation | The Vigilant Citizen

It sounds alarming to me and I just wondered what people's opinions are on this? As I think this is aimed more in America?

I don't understand why KONY has suddenly become so viral. Many would argue that he hasn't had xny real influence in a number of years.

I'm curious to see how this plays out myself.

And this is absolutely aimed at an American audience.
    Last edited by ADozenEggs@aol.com; 03-14-12 at 12:46 AM.
    03-14-12 12:44 AM
    ria__x and sam_b77 like this.
    03-14-12 01:32 AM
    Since when ppl care about children in other parts of this world. If they really care they would make all their countries ppl to leave Africa, Middle East ... alone and let them have the freedom to live the way they want. No more exploiting resources, no more creating conflicts and selling weapons to both side, no more dumping trash to their continents, no more giving donated clothes and foods, no more stealing their water for flowers plantation and don't use their children as tools in the first place.

If they really care they will try to consume less, creating and throw away less trash. I don't care about Kony or the children in Africa. I'm living the Western culture's way of life and I'm not proud of it. But I don't pretend that I care by buying bracelets, give some facebook post a "like" or having poster of some African slaughter lord in my room.

*After I told that to my friends who tried to convince me to support the Kony 2012 campaign. They told me that I'm a complete ignorant a****le*
    ria__x likes this.
    03-14-12 02:00 AM
    I love the concept of people acting on a just cause. The plight of the child soldier is one of the saddest stories I have ever heard. The inhuman torture and use of brown-brown to coerce children to fight is wrong. While millions of people fixate on apprehending Kony, equally horrible tragedies continue. The question I find myself asking is are we being distracted so something even more sinister can be carried out?
    ria__x likes this.
    03-14-12 02:19 AM
    Vigilantism scares me. Generally (not always) vigilantes are idealists too impatient to make sure change happens the right (aka in a permanent, effective, and peaceful) way, and aren't interested in finesse or even caution, which results in a plethora of innocent casualties.

I saw a lot of messages about the Kony movement, and not being informed about the matter I delayed participating and even responding. I'm embarrassed for the impulsivity of my generation, and I hope it doesn't end up being channeled into unspeakable consequences (like has happened so often in history, but never with a populace with such ready access to knowledge and communication).
    i agree! on both sides. because i think with the article mentioned above and all the other articles on that site, you have to kinda take them with a pinch of salt. as if you go reading something and believing it JUST 'cause it's opposed to the norm, you're not really any better than the average sheeple, right?

omg, so funny, LOL'd when i seen that hahaha

Since when ppl care about children in other parts of this world. If they really care they would make all their countries ppl to leave Africa, Middle East ... alone and let them have the freedom to live the way they want. No more exploiting resources, no more creating conflicts and selling weapons to both side, no more dumping trash to their continents, no more giving donated clothes and foods, no more stealing their water for flowers plantation and don't use their children as tools in the first place.

If they really care they will try to consume less, creating and throw away less trash. I don't care about Kony or the children in Africa. I'm living the Western culture's way of life and I'm not proud of it. But I don't pretend that I care by buying bracelets, give some facebook post a "like" or having poster of some African slaughter lord in my room.

*After I told that to my friends who tried to convince me to support the Kony 2012 campaign. They told me that I'm a complete ignorant a****le*
    lmao! i'm glad you made your feelings clear!! people think friends just pressure you into drugs, if you don't agree with their opinions you get called things, so stupid. it just reminds me of that south park episode where Michael Jackson says 'don't be so ignorant' about everything lmao

I love the concept of people acting on a just cause. The plight of the child soldier is one of the saddest stories I have ever heard. The inhuman torture and use of brown-brown to coerce children to fight is wrong. While millions of people fixate on apprehending Kony, equally horrible tragedies continue. The question I find myself asking is are we being distracted so something even more sinister can be carried out?
    EX-ACTLY. who knows eh???? i think a compaign to bring violence into the picture doesn't necessarily sound like a positive 'movement'
    03-14-12 02:41 AM
    @SCrid2000 SCrid2000, your kid is cute :')
    03-14-12 02:43 AM
    Wanna stay informed? Listen to Alex Jones radio/podcast at Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Kony hasn't been seen in 5 years, could be dead already.
    ria__x likes this.
    03-14-12 02:47 AM

I'm a big fan of a site about occult symbolism in today's media etc. And the guy running it recently made this post: KONY 2012: State Propaganda for a New Generation | The Vigilant Citizen

Bad guy and the film maker now has $7 million in his bank account selling Kony Kits.
    03-14-12 02:55 AM
    Bad guy and the film maker now has $7 million in his bank account selling Kony Kits.
    wonder if he's donated it to Uganda?
    03-14-12 02:59 AM
    wonder if he's donated it to Uganda?
    He spends $850,000 a year on travel. Private jets are expensive.

Kony 2012: Viral hit hurting or helping Ugandans? | Vancouver Sun

This is at the bottom of the article:

The charitys 2011 financial statements show its assets climbed from $2 million to almost $7 million from 2010. Among its program costs is more than $1 million compensation, $2.8 million in direct services, more than $1 million in production and film costs, more than $850,000 in travel and transportation.
    ria__x and cezley like this.
    03-14-12 03:04 AM
    it's nice to know he cares so much :')
    03-14-12 03:09 AM
    Does he use a bb or something?
    ria__x likes this.
    03-14-12 03:20 AM
    Child soldiers? Maybe you should question Christianity and their use of child soldiers in their Crusades, I wonder if the Pope at the time is still considered a saint, I guarantee he is.What about all the abuses in Ireland, Australia etc
    03-14-12 03:25 AM
    Good Cause or not, this campaign has no place on CrackBerry
    sam_b77 and Barljo like this.
    03-14-12 05:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD