I'm just curious what most people do with their old text messages and emails... so far I haven't deleted a single message (I've had my Curve for about half a month) but I know I obviously can't just keep them forever... I'd run out of space...

If I make a backup of them and then delete them on the device, is there a way of viewing them on my computer without restoring the backup?

Any other ideas?

Thanks!
    06-10-09 09:35 AM
    there is no point in keeping messages for so long.
    mine delete after 15 days worth.
    06-10-09 09:37 AM
    Well that's kind of besides the point... I guess I handle my text messages like I handle my email (with Gmail) - I archive things instead of deleting them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-09 09:55 AM
    Well if you are planning on saving messages for a while be carefull to watch your memory free because if it gets to low your phone will automatically start deleting texts, emails and phone calls.
    06-10-09 09:59 AM
    I delete all text messages and email from my Pearl after about a day. If I get lax, and let the memory get too low, it starts deleting them for me.
    I store my important email on the mail server or one of my local PCs from which I can view them.
    I do not have an answer as to whether or not you can backup and view text messages from another device.
    06-10-09 10:06 AM
    I don't even know what I am talking about or if its pos. Forward them to a email on your PC if you want to save txt msgs for over a month ya a werido anyways lol jk

06-10-09 10:18 AM
    I usually end up deleting them all every couple of days, because I get so many and they just get unmanageable otherwise!
    06-10-09 08:19 PM
    I delete everythings as soon as I get em.. I hit bb button and save one or two here and there other wise that's it.

06-10-09 08:29 PM
    Well that's kind of besides the point... I guess I handle my text messages like I handle my email (with Gmail) - I archive things instead of deleting them.

Gmail allows you to log on from a Browser and has plenty of search funtions for the archived email.

I purge my BlackBerry every couple of days, usually when the message counter gets well into triple digits.

Outlook manages my POP mail, Gmail is a few clicks away, everything is backup up multiple times....
    06-10-09 08:33 PM
    I guess all in all you can just view the messages of BB that you have just archive or back up in the PC without you restoring it back to BB. Do correct me if I am wrong.

Unlike Nokia PC suite you can archive all ur text and import to .csv file format.
    06-10-09 08:48 PM
    I delete every single text message the second I am done reading
    them. Why people find the need to keep those I'll never
    understand. Emails are deleted immediately unless I have not
    acted on them. As of now I have ONE email and zero text
    messages saved on my phone.
    06-10-09 10:17 PM
    Yea I'm a compulsive deleter too, and I let gmail be my archive.
    06-10-09 10:24 PM
    I delete the contents from my old messages and then type my new messages in the old message file. No use wasting new bytes.

Recycle, Re-Planet!
    06-10-09 10:50 PM
    I delete too, no sense on keeping sensitive info on my phone, a single innocent can cause mayhem, lol

06-10-09 11:30 PM
    Lol, well I guess I'm convinced to just delete things now... might as well save memory.
    06-10-09 11:44 PM
    I backup my entire device, messages and emails included pretty often to my VAIO laptop and delete the messages/emails on the device after 15 days. This way, my device doesn't have a ton of messages clogging it up but I can still access recent messages. If I need anything older than that, I use ABC Amber BlackBerry Converter to retrieve messages from the backups. simple.
    06-10-09 11:54 PM
    I delete ( off the BB ) as soon as I read my emails and text. I keep important emails on my PC.
    06-11-09 06:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD