Hey everyone,

I just picked up my first Blackberry Curve 8310 today and just had a quick question. Basically I am only going to have the data plan for 30 days and then am going to cancel it for a while (until I start working again), but I was wondering if there were any applications or anything else I should download for this phone in the short time it will have the internet. Any input/advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks all,

Ryan
    03-28-09 11:35 PM
    Hey Ryan welcome to crackberry. Here's a couple of links that may help ya...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/popu...pular+download
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/wha...pular+download
    03-28-09 11:41 PM
    Hello, and welcome to the Crack!

It is unfortunate that you will only have your data plan for such a short time, but the link above will certainly get you started.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-09 11:46 PM
    check out my case reviews in the link in my signature or go to community reviews
    03-28-09 11:52 PM
    Biggest problem I can see is that there are so many apps that
    require data. Make sure you understand what you can and cannot
    use without data.
    03-28-09 11:53 PM
    Hey thanks a ton for the speedy responses, guys! That link will definitely help out. I guess I should check out the "search" tab before posting. Thanks again!
    03-28-09 11:55 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry and the Blackberry world TRD_Power. I would recommend that if you just got your 8310 and you don't need the GPS to return it and get a Curve 8320 which has WiFi. With it you can connect to a wireless router and use it to surf the internet after you turn off your data plan.
    03-29-09 12:13 AM
    Congratulation on your curve and welcome to CB. If you haven't already, I suggest looking at the BlackBerry 101 How-To Lecture Series | CrackBerry.com. This will give you a general knowledge of the many parts of the BB and what parts use data.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-09 12:31 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry and the Blackberry world TRD_Power. I would recommend that if you just got your 8310 and you don't need the GPS to return it and get a Curve 8320 which has WiFi. With it you can connect to a wireless router and use it to surf the internet after you turn off your data plan.
    Now this kinda ticks me off because they told me that the only blackberry Curve they offered was the 8310... The guy did say something about getting other models, but it was through a private contractor and there were some problems with doing that. I have 30 days to return this phone if I am not satisfied and by the sound of it, they stiffed me on this. I'd rather pay the extra $50 to get the WiFi. Maybe I will call them up tomorrow and ask about it. Thanks for the heads up!
    Last edited by TRD_Power; 04-01-09 at 02:59 AM.
    04-01-09 01:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD