So in a few days I'm going to buy my first blackberry and I really don't know how to use one. So I was hoping that some people could post below some good tips and tricks that I could use when discovering my new blackberry torch 9800.

Thanks

P.S. Can anybody tell me how I can find my older forum topics without having to go through the latest topics on the general discussions page because it gets annoying not being able to find my thread that I mad a brew days ago.
    07-24-11 06:00 PM
    PLEASE READ! I need help picking my blackberry!
    ^ There's a link to the thread you created on Friday.
    The search feature on the forums works wonders also.
    07-24-11 06:03 PM
    My best advice I could give you is to wait a month. The new line of BB's are coming out, even the Torch 2(maybe a lil later for Torch 2 actually) twice the processor speed than original Torch, better screen res and so on...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01itr likes this.
    07-24-11 06:27 PM
    My best advice I could give you is to wait a month. The new line of BB's are coming out, even the Torch 2(maybe a lil later for Torch 2 actually) twice the processor speed than original Torch, better screen res and so on...

Yes I know that but I live in Norway where a blackberry costs 300$ more then it would in the US. And since I'm going to the US for 2 weeks in a few days I thought I would get my first blackberry there as it is a lot cheaper.
    07-24-11 06:37 PM
    07-24-11 07:29 PM
  6. T
    If you get a Torch, you'll need to make sure you get it unlocked. Best Buy Mobile also stocks several unlocked (gsm) quad band BlackBerries. (The Bold 9700 is one of them, I think.)

07-24-11 08:15 PM
    Yes I know that but I live in Norway where a blackberry costs 300$ more then it would in the US. And since I'm going to the US for 2 weeks in a few days I thought I would get my first blackberry there as it is a lot cheaper.
    I hear ya, but you should still wait. The current phones are the reason why BB market share has plummeted. It is worth waiting the extra month and spending the extra cash.
    07-24-11 08:48 PM
    I have had a Torch (for 2 weeks) and I have recently used the 9900. There is no question. You need to wait. I would even go so far as postponing your trip just to get the 9900, if a phone is really important to you. The difference between the software is night and day. You will regret your decision if you go with the Torch. Sorry to **** in your Cheerios bro
    07-24-11 09:23 PM
  9. T
    ... There is no question. You need to wait. I would even go so far as postponing your trip just to get the 9900 ...
    That's pretty extreme, lol.

07-24-11 09:26 PM
    Keep the BlackBerry away from water.

07-24-11 09:40 PM
    Under your user control panel, you can edit your options To automatically subscribe to every thread you start or reply to. You cam set it so you can get an email notification, etc. If you would rather not do that, you can also hit "Thread Tools" on the first post and click subscribe. Then, under your user profile you can see your subscribed threads.
    xFrenchFr1ess likes this.
    07-24-11 10:00 PM
    That's pretty extreme, lol.

I know That's how incredible the new OS is!

Anyways, if you really want some tips...

(Take these with a grain of salt, it's been a little while since I had my 9800)

- There are settings in the options menu to adjust the sensitivity of the trackpad, this is pretty useful if you find the trackpad to be too sensitive at its default (I believe 70).

- You should try to look for an app (the name escapes me at the moment) that frees up your memory. The BB OS is notorious for its memory leaks, and after a while it your BB will slow to a crawl. This app usually helps free up that lost memory, to save you a battery pull
    07-24-11 10:18 PM
    If you get a Torch, you'll need to make sure you get it unlocked. Best Buy Mobile also stocks several unlocked (gsm) quad band BlackBerries. (The Bold 9700 is one of them, I think.)

I doubt that I will need to get unlocked. Chances are that I'll buy it at the airport for my connection flight. And if I buy it there it will already be unlocked and ready to use.

But thanks for the advice
    07-26-11 06:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD