my device went off due to running out of charge....then when trying to boot it up....it just wont....instead...whenever i connect it to a charger....or to a PC via USB....it only displays a solid yellow LED which stays on like for 5 or 10 minutes....please i need urgent response if possible.
    08-10-15 03:36 AM
    You neglected to say what your "device" even was.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    08-10-15 04:18 AM
    yea....sorry i kind of forgot to mention my device name.....but i guess you already figured....its blackberry z30
    08-10-15 06:04 AM
    yea....sorry i kind of forgot to mention my device name.....but i guess you already figured....its blackberry z30
    08-10-15 06:10 AM
    I think that's normal when a battery is to low to function,let the battery charge up over 20% or so and the yellow light will go away and you should be good
    Timsupremez likes this.
    08-10-15 06:14 AM
    Do you remember what OS you were on? There was a problem with early 10.3.1 builds specifically with the Z30 which resulted in problems if the battery was allowed to fully drain.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    08-10-15 06:47 AM
    i think (The OS) its the one that originally came with the phone. it has not been updated yet.
    the other query though is.....am i supposed to use the specified charger for the z30 for it to charge coz i have been using other android device chargers but it seems its not enough juice for the battery...
    08-11-15 12:56 AM
    i think (The OS) its the one that originally came with the phone. it has not been updated yet.
    the other query though is.....am i supposed to use the specified charger for the z30 for it to charge coz i have been using other android device chargers but it seems its not enough juice for the battery...
    You should use the original charger.

The output of the Z30 charger is 5V, 850mA. Although you can use higher current chargers like the PlayBook charger which is 5V, 1.8A.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    08-11-15 01:13 AM
    Morning! (its morning on my end)....i couldn't find my original charger but a collegue at work who uses a blackberry....though not a z30....assisted me with theirs.....

its output though is 5V 750mA.........do you think this output will have any effect in charging my battery
    08-12-15 02:12 AM
    Morning! (its morning on my end)....i couldn't find my original charger but a collegue at work who uses a blackberry....though not a z30....assisted me with theirs.....

its output though is 5V 750mA.........do you think this output will have any effect in charging my battery
    Laptop USB rated current is 500mA, that's the bottom level. Everything north of that is a bonus, I'd say....

It should work. Worst case, PlayBook chargers are cheap on ebay and have a very good chance of kickstarting a dead battery due to the high output.
    My experience, as always YMMV ...

A battery suffering from deep discharge could need more than 20 minutes on the charger. Leave it in there for a couple of hours, maybe even overnight.

Good luck.
    :-)

�   BB10 -- Finger flickin' good... in any form factor!   �
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    08-12-15 03:20 AM
    Worst case scenario you have to have a battery change.

Send from the amazing powers of the  Z30
    08-12-15 06:06 AM
    If it's the 10.3.1 build that kills Z30 screens then discharging the battery to zero will destroy your screen. That's how my first z30 screen broke. Everyone was worried about leaks but it was an officially pushed OS that took my screen out.

If you charge your phone and still no screen, hook up your phone to your TV with HDMI cable and see what happens.

If you do need a new battery, you can get the complete middle frame assembly with battery on Amazon for around 15 dollars. If it's a screen you can also get that on Amazon for around 45 dollars. I've done both between my Z30 and my brothers.

Great videos on YouTube by JC that show how to do both of those procedures.

Using Z10 since BlackBerry broke my Z30.
    08-12-15 06:53 AM
    If it's the 10.3.1 build that kills Z30 screens then discharging the battery to zero will destroy your screen. That's how my first z30 screen broke. Everyone was worried about leaks but it was an officially pushed OS that took my screen out.

If you charge your phone and still no screen, hook up your phone to your TV with HDMI cable and see what happens.

If you do need a new battery, you can get the complete middle frame assembly with battery on Amazon for around 15 dollars. If it's a screen you can also get that on Amazon for around 45 dollars. I've done both between my Z30 and my brothers.

Great videos on YouTube by JC that show how to do both of those procedures.

Using Z10 since BlackBerry broke my Z30.
    Do you have any info on how to replace a Z30 camera? I dropped my Z30 twice and now all my photos have two small black blotches on them.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 12:51 AM

Yes! When the "battery is dead" only an original charger (or Blackberry Data cable connected to a PC) might trigger the charging.
    If you have to buy one, chose the playbook charger. You might finde one for less than 20 bucks in an online shop.

Workhorse: BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.2.2.1531; Power Workhorse: BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.1.2480; Germany.
    08-13-15 01:24 AM
    Do you have any info on how to replace a Z30 camera? I dropped my Z30 twice and now all my photos have two small black blotches on them.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah you can switch it out. Getting to it (the same process as switching the middleframe and battery) is a more delicate procedure than replacing the screen. But if you take your time and follow the youtube video it can be done.

Here is a link that shows you step by step how to get to the camera with pictures.

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/BlackBe...lacement/38582

Here is the video JC made for replacing the screen but at the end he goes on to show how to replace the battery.

Using those 2 links you should be able to do it. You need the Torx driver size T4 and T5.

This website has the camera for $5.20.

http://www.etradesupply.com/blackber...berry-z30.html

If you're going to do this, I'd recommend getting the middleframe/battery while you're in there. May as well give yourself a new battery. And it comes with the silver chin part so if yours is scratched it will look new again. Price is $17.53. So for under 25 bucks you'll have a phone as good as new.

Edit: ignore the end of JC's video where he removes the battery from the frame. You'll be getting all of that, so you won't have to mess with it. Just follow the video up until he starts prying off the battery and at that point just move your motherboard to the new battery/frame.

Z10STL100-3 /10.3.1.2576 / T-Mobile USA
    Attachment 366609
    Attachment 366610
    Last edited by Doggerz; 08-13-15 at 03:18 AM.
    mnc76 and Blackerthanblack like this.
    08-13-15 03:04 AM
    Yeah you can switch it out. Getting to it (the same process as switching the middleframe and battery) is a more delicate procedure than replacing the screen. But if you take your time and follow the youtube video it can be done.

Here is a link that shows you step by step how to get to the camera with pictures.

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/BlackBe...lacement/38582

Here is the video JC made for replacing the screen but at the end he goes on to show how to replace the battery.

Using those 2 links you should be able to do it. You need the Torx driver size T4 and T5.

This website has the camera for $5.20.

http://www.etradesupply.com/blackber...berry-z30.html

If you're going to do this, I'd recommend getting the middleframe/battery while you're in there. May as well give yourself a new battery. And it comes with the silver chin part so if yours is scratched it will look new again. Price is $17.53. So for under 25 bucks you'll have a phone as good as new.

Edit: ignore the end of JC's video where he removes the battery from the frame. You'll be getting all of that, so you won't have to mess with it. Just follow the video up until he starts prying off the battery and at that point just move your motherboard to the new battery/frame.

Z10STL100-3 /10.3.1.2576 / T-Mobile USA
    Attachment 366609
    Attachment 366610
    Wow thanks! I've been trying to get some info on how to do this forever. Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    Doggerz likes this.
    08-13-15 04:25 PM
    I'm experiencing the same problem and apparently it's the latest os that's faulty
    04-13-16 03:28 PM
    This happened with my Z10 once. I thought it was a gonner, but I was able to get working again by taking out the battery and plugging it to the charger minus the battery and turning it on. Then I put the battery back and all was well. Made no sense to me, but it worked.

Sadly, you can't do that with a Z30.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-13-16 11:17 PM