I m having a bb 9300 and nokia n-97. What is the differnce between nokia push mail and blackberry e-mail..
    We can use nokia push mail services in our generic internet plan.. But why not in bb..? Both uses active sync.. But we have to pay extra for e-mail services in blackberry..? Why that so..?
    08-10-12 08:45 PM
    BlackBerry require a Blackberry data plan. Its a BlackBerry thing.
    08-10-12 09:00 PM
    Now, who told you BlackBerry phones use ActiveSync?
    08-10-12 10:21 PM
    BlackBerry smartphones, the current ones on the market, do not use ActiveSync. With Nokia phones it is ActiveSync which pushes emails to the device, which means that if you are using emails from providers with Exchange/ActiveSync you can push mails to your whatever device, including Symbian, Android, iOS, WinMo, WP - supporting the technology.

In case your email provider doesnt have Exchange/ActiveSync, in this case, to the best of my knowledge, BlackBerry can push the emails using their proprietary technology - but for this to work you need to have BIS or BES plan.

I suspect the confusion that BlackBerry smartphones uses ActiveSync comes from the fact that on PlayBook, the RIM tablet, is used ActiveSync for as push-mail technology, as well it will be implemented on future BlackBerry 10 smartphones
    Last edited by mtint; 08-11-12 at 03:16 AM.
    Alex_Hong likes this.
    08-11-12 03:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD