when i bought my first bb from the sprint store i was a little apprehensive. i had just come off an htc tilt and was highly pissed off at htc and at&t. so i went over to sprint and it was slim pickins. the curve was the only decent phone (in my opinion) they had available. i didn't even take it out of the box until i had gotten all the way home. i didn't think i would like it. i didn't even try it out in the store. i picked it because it was a non-touchscreen, non-windows mobile smartphone. when i took it out of the box, i was amazed as to how gorgeous it was. i turned it on, saw the glow of the buttons and began a journey that has not yet ended. what about you guys?
    08-19-09 04:30 PM
    my wife now has that curve and it still holds sentimental value for me. i was a bb virgin until then.
    08-19-09 04:31 PM
    The Curve was my first BB as well, and it was the best beginner device I could've hoped for. I bricked that thing about 100 times learning the intricacies of the Berry.
    08-19-09 04:40 PM
    Exactly what I think of my current BlackBerry. It's a phone with
    extended capabilities. Nothing more, nothing less.
    8100 >> 8310 >> 9000 >> 8900
    08-19-09 04:55 PM
    My first was an 8703e and I was basically testing it to see how it would
    compare to my Palm Treo. I was really liking Windows Mobile but once I got the
    hang of the BB I never looked back. I remember how much I wished there
    wasn't a trackwheel and then a few months later the 8300 came out and I was happy.
    Last edited by forever29; 08-19-09 at 05:02 PM. Reason: Grammar
    08-19-09 04:58 PM
    About two weeks ago they gave me a BB at work. It was love at first sight...
    My wife has a curve from work but because it was her work phone I didnt mess with it, still I thought it was pretty cool. The first day I had my curve from work was it for me. Went out and bought a storm, tried it for a while. It looks really cool but wasnt quite right for me. Back to the store after a week and traded it for a Tour. I love it, can't use it much yet still a noob, but I love it and I am slowley learning how to use her. Looking forward to the day I know allmost everything about her, and can do anything with her
    08-19-09 04:59 PM
    I love my bold, its my first blackberry. I came from an htc touch, and man what a difference, I wish I would have switched to blackberry sooner, but I am glad to be a part of it now

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-09 05:05 PM
    My first berry was the 8800. I don't know why the guy recommended it to me, far too business oriented.
    08-19-09 05:17 PM
    My first bb was a 7290. Display was awful, it was huge and was very slow. Moved to 8703g, then 8830, then 8330, then storm, now tour. Each model has impressed me more and more, except the storm.
    08-19-09 06:20 PM
    I was a Motorola fan before I got my bold when it came out. I wanted something more powerful and able to web browse etc.

While I'm not quite satisfied, I can't imagine not having one. They need to work on the web browsing part of it.
    08-19-09 06:32 PM
    My first was the 8310, i still play with it from time to time
    08-19-09 07:06 PM
    My Storm was my first BB, and I thought wow, a 16 year old with a BB, OFFICIAL. =]
    08-19-09 07:09 PM
    The 8300 was my first Blackberry. I had a play with it in the shop to make sure I was comfortable with the keys etc and took it home there and then.

I was pleased with everything about the phone. I used the BB until the Bold came out on Orange as I wanted the 3G and the Bold has continued to impress me just like the Curve did.

The only thing about the BB experience I don't like is the enforced 15 minute delay on email on BIS. I appreciate that's the way BIS works but it just seems a shame when you have a real workhorse phone that's a pleasure to use that you have to wait 15 minutes for your email and can't even pull your email if you need it quicker.
    08-19-09 07:24 PM
    I thought I had died and gone to phone heaven. I won't use anything else. ever.
    08-19-09 07:30 PM
    My first berry was a storm and I liked it but then I decided to get married. This ment selling my storm which I got entirely too much out of somone who clearly didnt know about crackberry. I then moved into a curve 8330 that I bought on CB. I put a black housing on it and a red trackball and I LOVE it! I will never go back!

08-19-09 07:34 PM
    Most of the new BB users started with the Curve like I did. The Curve was one **** of a device that attracted (and still attracts) a lot of new users.

08-19-09 07:48 PM
    My first bb was and still is my 8330, I love it, just ordered a new faceplate for it. My fiance is still a bb hater tho, even tho she has a Pearl

08-19-09 08:05 PM
    My BB was the 8310 and I still have it and have the 8330 for work. Cannot wait to move up in the world and get the 9700.
    08-19-09 08:11 PM
    My first bb was and still is my 8330, I love it, just ordered a new faceplate for it. My fiance is still a bb hater tho, even tho she has a Pearl

I did the same thing to my wifeks curve. It bwcame old and beaten up, so I bought a new black housing with a black trackball and it is a new phone now. The OS is solid so she can keep it for about another year or two.

08-19-09 08:13 PM
    My first blackberry was the 7100 from nextel. I liked the phone but I was use to havin camras on my phones so I had a i880 to. I still have it as a back up phone. I use to feel real important @ work with my blackberry while everyone else had regular cell phones......

08-19-09 08:14 PM
    My first blackberry was the 7100 from nextel. I liked the phone but I was use to havin camras on my phones so I had a i880 to. I still have it as a back up phone. I use to feel real important @ work with my blackberry while everyone else had regular cell phones......

I used to geel real important to until everyone at my job got a BB too. When I first got my Curve you couldn't tell me anything. I thought I was so cool.

08-19-09 08:20 PM
    My first Blackberry is the one I have now( curve8330) I already am hooked lol and I just bought one at the begining of June . So much better then MotoQ which was my only other "smartphone" except my MotoQ was ******** since it was always "freaking out"
    08-20-09 05:24 AM
    After getting over the initial problems with the Storm and upgrading it to .151 I like it a lot. I've always had touchscreen phones so I was hesitant to stray to the Tour with the trackball. That may be the rout I go for my next upgrade though.
    08-20-09 05:37 AM
    Having only had dumb phones with no data usage prior to my BB, I was a bit apprehensive about the expense of the data plan, but the convenience of push email and BBM definitely proved it be worthwhile.
    08-20-09 08:17 AM
    My first is my 8320. I still have it and I love it. I just ordered all black housing from ebay for it. I cant wait for it to arrive and after I chage it i anticipating it being like a new device.
    08-20-09 09:12 AM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD