I actually don't have to carry a purse anymore. The only reason I used one was to carry my planner and my 10 colored pins around. I need my calendar color coordinated. That way I can tell what is what at a glance. My BB and Pocket Informant takes care of that for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-09 10:04 AM
    surf the internet and read gossip columns
    01-16-09 10:29 AM
    when i'm waiting i usually fill my sudoku puzzle book, now i also have the sudoku on my bb
    and i always bring a novel and of course my ipod
    01-16-09 02:24 PM
    Well since im new to my BB i was spending most of my time on my Palm Treo 755p. Even though i am a big fan of Palm devices it's nothing like my Curve, i am absolutely utterly addicted to my BB lol.
    01-16-09 02:30 PM
    I was the Same, Except I had to check email the "Normal" Way.
    01-16-09 03:20 PM
    Things were much slower and the duration from task to task seemed longer.
    01-16-09 03:36 PM
    Before my bb I was constantly looking through my purse for that paper I wrote the reminder, date .. etc now I open my phone and reduce stress. Life is good.
    01-16-09 07:58 PM
    I used to actually work!

Ditto that!!!
    01-17-09 10:51 AM
    I remember and honestly it isn't that much different.
    Interestting response---since you are on here posting practically day and night, you did this before you got your multiple BBs that you consider just a phone?
    01-17-09 11:17 AM
    Interestting response---since you are on here posting practically day and night, you did this before you got your multiple BBs that you consider just a phone?
    As a matter of fact I would be on my laptop as much or more than my BB. For some of us we rule or BB not our BB ruling us.

01-17-09 11:19 AM
    Nice try. Yes I still consider both devices JUST PHONES. As to my time here, I
    enjoy it and I like helping out when and where I can.
    I am almost never here in the daytime anymore, and at night I have
    all the time in the world as my wife's job (FDIC) requires she travel quite a lot.

Remind me, what exactly was your point. Right, you didn't really have one.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 01-17-09 at 11:55 AM.
    01-17-09 11:52 AM
    Before my bb I wasn't into cellphones I just wanted a phone that worked well and looked good. That was it! As far as like features on a phone I didn't care about a phone being able to do a lot of different things

01-17-09 11:58 AM
    I use to pay attention at school. Not anymore!

01-17-09 12:58 PM
    I distinctly remember when I got my first BB ---an 8700. I almost immediately left for a conference and I remember sitting in the audience listening (sort of) to the speaker while reading and responding to emails ---and my life and the way I communicated was forever changed.
    01-17-09 01:16 PM
    Nice try. Yes I still consider both devices JUST PHONES. As to my time here, I
    enjoy it and I like helping out when and where I can.
    I am almost never here in the daytime anymore, and at night I have
    all the time in the world as my wife's job (FDIC) requires she travel quite a lot.

Remind me, what exactly was your point. Right, you didn't really have one.
    My point was this, you claim your life was the same pre BB----I say bullchit. As much as you are here post BB, you had to be doing something else pre BB. I am also not sure why one would spend soo much time here if they truly believed it were just a phone! Additionally, if it were just a phone as you constantly say, why do you need two----it only makes calls for you surely one is enough!!!!
    01-17-09 01:20 PM
    At least before BB came I tried to make it seem I listened to my wife. Now she sees I don't listen as my attention is on the damn apparatus.
    01-17-09 01:21 PM
    I was on my Treo, and mytreo.net instead of my Blkbry and crackberry.com. But with these push emails and other push services along with multiple IMs running, weatherbug direct all these apps running at the sametime and updating instantly this is a way dif exp. so I was doing the same thing just not on crack lol

Hahah I was doing the same thing with my treo until I ran over it, but the bb is way better!!!

01-17-09 05:11 PM
    I had to wonder what emails I'd have waiting for me when I got on a computer.

Then I had a phone with internet and spent my time going to AOL's webmail page to view my email.

Then I got Mobile Email on a dumbphone and still had to wonder what email I'd have waiting for me when I got to a computer...

Now I don't use Outlook at all unless I'm sitting at my laptop and want to send an image from a website or file from my computer to a contact or my BB.
    01-17-09 05:21 PM
    I did most of the same stuff with my Treo.

claire
    01-17-09 05:24 PM
    ...there was darkness and god said....let there be BB, and there was BB. God saw that the BB was good and he separated the BB from darkness.
    01-17-09 05:43 PM
    Additionally, if it were just a phone as you constantly say, why do you need two----it only makes calls for you surely one is enough!!!!
    I already addressed the first part and if you don't get it, that is your issue not
    mine. As to this, it is a really simple concept. They are different. One has GPS
    which I like and use. The Pearl has the better k/board. But mainly the reason
    for two is a simple matter of redundancy. One dies, I swap out the SIM and
    guess what, I still have a phone and everything else on the non working one.
    01-17-09 08:43 PM
    For me, it didn't change all that much, except that it made things easier... easier to check email, easier to kill time by browsing the web when I'm on the go or listening to MP3s, instant messaging friends, and keeping track of my appointments.

However, I do remember the time when there were no cell phones, no internet, no email, and we had to do everything in the office by way of phone call, writing hardcopy letters and using faxes. Life wasn't so bad back then either though.
    01-17-09 08:56 PM
    Very true. Kids played outside and came home when it got dark.

01-17-09 09:04 PM
    I already addressed the first part and if you don't get it, that is your issue not
    mine. As to this, it is a really simple concept. They are different. One has GPS
    which I like and use. The Pearl has the better k/board. But mainly the reason
    for two is a simple matter of redundancy. One dies, I swap out the SIM and
    guess what, I still have a phone and everything else on the non working one.
    As I said before---I call bullchit!
    01-17-09 09:12 PM
    i don't remember
    01-17-09 09:52 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD