Just curious as to if anyone remembers life before bb
    01-15-09 08:01 PM
    Oh yes, it was annoyingly slow and time consuming with few results and incredible frustration.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-09 08:12 PM
    No real difference. I was always on my laptop.

01-15-09 08:13 PM
    Just curious as to if anyone remembers life before bb
    Well I actually went to class (I think) and paid attention . Eh just kidding hard to remember really...so probably pretty boring.
    01-15-09 08:15 PM
    I was still a cell phone degenerate with Nextel. Since all of us (my friends) had it, it was addicting. Now we all have BB's.
    01-15-09 08:16 PM
    I remember and honestly it isn't that much different.
    01-15-09 08:23 PM
    I used my laptop more. My previous phone had internet, but it wasn't full html. It had Wap 2.0 What a joke compared to how I surf on my phone now.
    01-15-09 08:54 PM
    Before I got my bb I had a very crappy samsung phone. I had it for forever and my friends called it "the ancient phone". It was just a phone with an alarm clock. My life is so much easier with my storm. =)

Before I got bb I spent more time studying and reading for my classes. Now I spend more time playing with my bb whether I'm at home or at school.
    01-15-09 09:11 PM
    Nothing worthwhile
    01-15-09 09:25 PM
    I remember and honestly it isn't that much different.
    Just the answer I expected from you.

But since we're talking about a device intended to make people more productive, shouldn't the question be "what do we do with all this ADDITIONAL FREE TIME we have now that we have Blackberries?" If not, then the answer to the original question for many is probably "I had some other way of occupying my time that didn't require any face-to-face human interaction."
    01-15-09 10:30 PM
    if i answer this questing i might get banded so i will plead the fifth amendment.
    01-15-09 10:43 PM
    Just the answer I expected from you.

That would be because that is and honest (and consistent) answer from my
    personal standpoint. I am not asking anyone to agree with it. The OP asked,
    I answered, Deal with it.
    01-15-09 10:53 PM
    I slept instead of posting on this forum.
    01-15-09 11:05 PM
    I slept instead of posting on this forum.
    Well now, this Forum is a whole 'nother matter
    01-15-09 11:08 PM
    I used to sit up in bed working Kakuro puzzles in a book while listening to my iPod. Now I work them on the BB with occasional breaks to check an e-mail or facebook notification. Only a minor change--though I haven't worked out the music angle yet. I don't want to put music on the BB so I'll probably suck it up and take the abuse from my wife over having two toys going at the same time.
    01-16-09 06:16 AM
    I used to actually work!
    01-16-09 06:24 AM
    I was on my Treo, and mytreo.net instead of my Blkbry and crackberry.com. But with these push emails and other push services along with multiple IMs running, weatherbug direct all these apps running at the sametime and updating instantly this is a way dif exp. so I was doing the same thing just not on crack lol

01-16-09 08:00 AM
    That would be because that is and honest (and consistent) answer from my
    personal standpoint. I am not asking anyone to agree with it. The OP asked,
    I answered, Deal with it.
    It appears that you interpreted my comment in way that was not intended - probably because I wasn't at all clear. The rest of that post should have shed a little light on my thinking though - people who spend a significant portion of their "free" time on their Blackberry (avoiding human interaction in the process) probably had some gizmo or pass-time before their Blackberry that allowed them to be equally non-interactive.

Do I benefit from having a Blackberry, more so than I did from having my previous non-smartphone? Sure. Could I have achieved similar benefits from my old phone, had I thought about it? To a degree, but that ability wasn't so much "in my face" as it is with the Blackberry. Is a Blackberry the life-changing device that so many seem portray it as? Absolutely... positively... NOT.

Sometimes I feel like just having a Blackberry makes me an involuntary member of some strange cult. With this thought I'm reminded of the article about the 10 (7?) things that make you like a ****. I don't want people to think I'm a **** just because I have a Blackberry. I want them to get to know me before deciding I'm a ****.
    01-16-09 08:45 AM
    UncleMike it appears you are 100% correct. I did misinterpret.
    Seems to me our thinking is actually the same. Sorry 'bout that.
    01-16-09 09:00 AM
    Uh. The same thing I do with my time now.

My device is a business tool first and foremost. It allows me to organize my professional and personal life with ease.

01-16-09 09:04 AM
    As an addendum to my input, the primary change is now I'm able to sit up longer doing puzzles. Before, the bedside light would keep my wife awake so my puzzling time was limited. Now I have to self-regulate since the puzzle app on the BB is self-illuminating.
    01-16-09 09:07 AM
    carried a cellphone, and a big thick planner...
    01-16-09 09:28 AM
    I had an enV from Verizon.. now the pink cuve, I will never go back......
    01-16-09 09:45 AM
    I got a lot more done, no wait, I got a lot less done, no wait....

It's a wash...
    01-16-09 09:54 AM
    haha, these stories are priceless.
    Before the berry i didn't know the meaning of a "real" phone.

i had a LG flip phone before the blackberry.

2 negatives: my girlfriend hates my BB, and i want the bold now.
    01-16-09 10:01 AM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD