I thought it was a BlackBerry enthusiast site. There are people that come to the site with nothing but vitriol for BlackBerry and obviously are not enthusiasts. It does nothing but provide a forum for biased opinionated people to influence the image of BlackBerry. I wonder why there isn't more moderation to useful discussion of the products themselves rather than a forum for degrading BlackBerry. I mean most of the comments are just brand hate not constructive points of view you'd expect from an enthusiast community. The negativity is getting tiresome already.

Posted via CB10
    alan510 and MarsupilamiX like this.
    10-06-13 01:20 PM
    Hi and welcome. The moderators, and ambassadors alike, try to keep an eye on the trolling and the haters. However, that being said, CrackBerry believes in being an OPEN forum where people can express their opinions even if they are not happy with BlackBerry.

If you see something that is especially troublesome, please report the post by using the triangular symbol at the top of the post.
    10-06-13 01:27 PM
    When you get lied to enough times eventually you get sick of it. Some n00bs may not know this
    JeepBB, Etios, richardat and 2 others like this.
    10-06-13 01:33 PM
    When you get lied to enough times eventually you get sick of it. Some n00bs may not know this
    I can understand this. But if you're so jaded and frustrated, why still stick around? Why not just jump ship? Would that not be better? I can see that you intend to get a Windows Nokia. Why not just move on? I'm sincerely asking. Not trying to be sarcastic.
    10-06-13 01:41 PM
    It is entirely possible to still be mostly happy with a device, but disappointed and frustrated in the company that created it. The two do not have to be mutually inclusive.
    10-06-13 01:45 PM
    That's me. I love my Z10. Did well with the Torch 9800 before that and enjoyed the Pearl 8100 I started out with in '07.

But I hate what's been happening to the company and their decisions over the past few years now.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 01:58 PM
    It's an open forum, and to be honest, some of the negative threads are so ridiculous, I'm actually entertained by them and the mentality some people around here have.

But you're right OP, some people just stick around and vent about BlackBerry, as if it will affect anything. Of course, they always preface any negative comment with a "I'm a longtime BlackBerry user but......" or "I use a Q10 or Z10 but....." and then they write about how BlackBerry was on some secret mission to drive share prices into the toilet.

Just do what I do, sit back and laugh. Reply even. It's part of the fun

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 03:02 PM
    It is entirely possible to still be mostly happy with a device, but disappointed and frustrated in the company that created it. The two do not have to be mutually inclusive.
    Agreed, but that was not the OP's point. There is a group of posters here who dump on anything that the company does. If folks are consistent with their negative comments and seeing little to nothing positive with BlackBerry, then the OP is asking why bother posting here? Why not simply move on, your point has been made. Sure, it's an open forum but I too am curious why some folks here constantly, and very frequently, post sarcastic and negative comments. Why not just move on?

Posted via CB10
    moonfalle and needforbbx like this.
    10-06-13 03:16 PM
    I like BB10. Best OS out there. However the management of the company is ethically challenged and/or severely incompetent. The marketing for BB10 has been a joke. So many things that the company has said was coming with the PlayBook and apps coming to BB10 have not materialized. They say they are going to focus on business and Prosumer (while not defining prosumer) but the only really good things they have done on the app front is with games, very few business and productivity apps. Every conference call they have changed the game plan and message to buy time with the market. They now appear to be intentionally forcing the stock price down and keeping it low with strategic blunders and timing of bad news for a Watsa buyout, screwing over investors who expected management to be executing properly and building value for them ( I have no investment interest in the company, but again it speaks volumes of the management and the BOD). And this is all just the more recent things. The company has taken its customer base for granted for too long and is why they are losing customers now at an alarming rate. So yes I am very negative about the company right now and hope that whoever takes them over puts effort into the products and the company because the existing management only appears to care about collecting fat severance packages!

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 03:19 PM
    It's an open forum, and to be honest, some of the negative threads are so ridiculous, I'm actually entertained by them and the mentality some people around here have.
    Equally, some of the loyalists threads (StatCounter, Big Sales In Malaysia, Conspiracies, Companies interested in buying/partnering/loving BlackBerry) are so comical that they are worth the price of admission right there. And those tend to draw dissenting points of view.
    10-06-13 03:36 PM
    Agreed, but that was not the OP's point. There is a group of posters here who dump on anything that the company does. If folks are consistent with their negative comments and seeing little to nothing positive with BlackBerry, then the OP is asking why bother posting here? Why not simply move on, your point has been made. Sure, it's an open forum but I too am curious why some folks here constantly, and very frequently, post sarcastic and negative comments. Why not just move on?

Posted via CB10
    The forums have always been somewhat reflective of the state of BlackBerry itself. When I first started here in 2008 and BlackBerry was on top of the smartphone world, the mood was quite different. But if you're absolutely honest with yourself, what good news has there been out of Waterloo since around the time the 9800 launched in the back half of 2010? If it's not something being delayed, it's something being cancelled. Or something released half baked. Or some statement made by an executive that isn't backed up and followed through on. The few glimmers of hope that we do see are quickly extinguished...by none other than them shooting themselves in the foot.

Just remember, it takes two to tango. The OP mentioned he wanted to see more discussion of the actual products themselves. Which is fine. But there is a subset of users here who always want to compare (sometimes inaccurately) BlackBerry to competing products, bring up conspiracy theories and hot button topics, or use inflammatory wording etc. They are not helping to foster a positivity by "going there", yet often times they are the same ones who often say they want nothing more than a positive environment.
    10-06-13 04:13 PM
    I agree with this thread point.
    Lately I've been getting a little tired from the negativity but oh well, it is to be expected when BlackBerry is making sure to disappoint us fans.
    And as others have said, it is better to read and laugh at other ppl's ignorance (those who b*tch about BlackBerry and have No idea of what's going on and don't bother finding out)

Posted via CB10
    moonfalle likes this.
    10-06-13 05:09 PM
    The negativity is getting tiresome already.

Posted via CB10
    I feel the same. The negativity affects everyone. It's like viral. There's a lot of good things to talk about, for example, the official 10.2 release, but I think people just love to talk about politics, how BlackBerry 10 is looked as a failure, management's incompetency, etc. I'm sure those people working in BlackBerry do everything they can to bring the company to the spotlight it once belonged. However, I agree about the higher management's wrong decisions. And I don't agree with the part that some people says BlackBerry "cheated" them, "lied" to, etc. Why? Did BlackBerry forced you to buy their products? I mean, if you're too much disappointed, why not just jump to other platforms? Spare yourself from a broken heart. It's bad for your health.
    moonfalle likes this.
    10-06-13 05:35 PM
    They can't move on. They thrive on conflict and drama. They really feel like they are doing Crackberry and BlackBerry a service by constantly reminding us of BlackBerry past mistakes. They like to tell you they want to see blackberry succeed but they have played their own part in driving nails into the coffin. I continue to visit Crackberry daily but nothing like I used to. I find my self gravitating to BBM groups, channels and twitter, and away from the BS that goes on here at crackberry. Somebody should start a troll tracker channel, or better yet, troll of the day channel, you know who you are

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 featuring BBM Channel C0002FE04
    Last edited by geoffsdad; 10-07-13 at 11:21 AM.
    moonfalle likes this.
    10-07-13 11:05 AM
    They really feel like they are doing Crackberry and BlackBerry a service by constantly reminding us of BlackBerry past mistakes.
    Past and current mistakes.
    Unless you feel that current management isn't continuing to make mistakes.
    10-07-13 11:34 AM
    It has become a fashion to criticize BB now, no one wants to be left out
    10-07-13 11:46 AM
    Past and current mistakes.
    Unless you feel that current management isn't continuing to make mistakes.
    Yeaaawwwn

MarsupilamiX likes this.
    10-07-13 11:49 AM
    Yeaaawwwn

I see you have learned from BlackBerry management the art of sleeping at the wheel
    10-07-13 11:56 AM
    I see you have learned from BlackBerry management the art of sleeping at the wheel
    Case and point. Thanks for the live demo.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 12:03 PM
    Thanks for everyone's comments all good points definitely makes me feel not so alone here... love the idea of a troll tracker lol. Cheers all.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 12:34 PM
    Let's get back in topic. The OP's point is starting to permeate the thread.

Edit - after further research, the problem has left the building.
    10-07-13 01:16 PM