I have 4 bluetooth devices and none of them work well with the BB 8130. I just bought the Blueant Z9 and exchanged my BB for a new one and I can't even put in my pocket without it disconnecting. It is slightly beter when I keep the LED indicator on???. This is my first BB. Does anyone have a cure or suggestion?
    04-17-08 11:55 AM
    Bluetooth will not work if you turn off the LED indicator.
    04-17-08 12:00 PM
    It doesn't work that great with it on either. I'm actually thinking about going back to a corded one. Not sure I'm sold on Blackberry because of this one thing.
    04-17-08 12:03 PM
    Are you making sure you are buying bluetooth devices that are designed to work with your phone?
    04-17-08 12:11 PM
    Yes. Most will work with any bluetooth enabled device, according to the specs. I also bought one of these off this site as recommended for the 8130. I am wondering if it just the pearl or are there problems with other models?
    Blueant Z9, Plantronics 520, Moto 700, Jabra550V all have static in pocket. Some even when not in pocket. weird thing is some worked decently for about a day or so, then went south.
    04-17-08 12:19 PM
    I've been using the Jawbone since Dec 2008 and no problems Whatsoever. I also use the Plantronics 655 without any problems. Not all Bluetooth are compatible with every phone.
    04-17-08 12:24 PM
    Where does it say that. Everyone of the BTs I have say compatible with any bluetooth enabled device . Maybe it's just the pearl that has problems. How do you like your 8830?
    04-17-08 12:30 PM
    Yeah... Maybe it is the BB 8130. My friend's 8130 from sprint is always having bluetooth problems. On top of that when he uses bluetooth it kills his battery super quick. Sorry M.C. but you know it's true.
    04-17-08 12:44 PM
    I've been using the Jawbone since Dec 2008 and no problems Whatsoever. I also use the Plantronics 655 without any problems. Not all Bluetooth are compatible with every phone.
    Wow you can time travel!

Yes. Most will work with any bluetooth enabled device, according to the specs. I also bought one of these off this site as recommended for the 8130. I am wondering if it just the pearl or are there problems with other models?
    Blueant Z9, Plantronics 520, Moto 700, Jabra550V all have static in pocket. Some even when not in pocket. weird thing is some worked decently for about a day or so, then went south.
    I have the 8130 and I have no issues with BT when the LED is on. It actually have the best range on BT I have ever had on any phone I have owned. The 8130 is by first BB. I have used Blue Ant Z9 (not my favorite), Jawbone (pretty good), Motorola H700 and H850 (H850 is better), and The Blue Ant Super-Tooth Lite (awesome).
    04-17-08 02:25 PM
    ...On top of that when he uses bluetooth it kills his battery super quick.
    I had to get the OEM sized extended life battery for just that reason.
    04-17-08 02:26 PM
    I was wondering if anyone knows if the different carrier software could be a fix for the bluetooth issue?
    04-17-08 02:51 PM
    Where does it say that. Everyone of the BTs I have say compatible with any bluetooth enabled device . Maybe it's just the pearl that has problems. How do you like your 8830?
    From past experience, I had a Treo 700w and the Plantronics 655 was not compatible with it. This was as per Plantronics C/S.
    I love my 8830, however I'm kinda waiting to see what the 8330 has to offer. Who knows, I may jump on the Curve bandwagon, haven't yet decided on the Curve.
    04-17-08 02:53 PM
    My area code doesn't offer the Curve through Verizon. The selection for Verizon really bites.
    04-17-08 02:56 PM
    I had the same issue with the Blueant z9 and my 8130. I loved the headset the first day, but the longer I used it the more static I got. If I put it in my pocket I had static. I tried all the settings on the BB and the headset with no luck.

I thought it was just me...

I now have a jabra earboom (corded).
    04-18-08 10:55 PM
    My area code doesn't offer the Curve through Verizon. The selection for Verizon really bites.
    NOBODY'S area code has the curve for verizon...

it wont be out until may...

-db
    04-18-08 11:02 PM
    Mine does I have a special Zip Code
    04-19-08 12:02 AM
    Until someone jacked by Jawbone, it's been working great for me with the BB. It's actually one of the better devices to connect to BTs.
    04-19-08 01:02 AM
    I have an old Motorola Bluetooth headset that I've had for three years or so. Used it on my old flip phone and now on my 8100 and have yet to have a problem other than it looks old

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-08 01:25 AM
    I must have had every BT headset known to mankind. The most disappointing aspect to BT, IMO, is that no one headset is going to work for the masses. It doesnt make any sense that so much trial and error is involved to find one that works best for your device.

I've always said that you can put 25 people in one room- ALL using the exact same phone- but ALL 25 will be using a different BT headset and swearing that the one they're using is the one you should use too!!

When I first saw the Jawbone video (you know the one- lawnmower running in the background) I thought- "thats the one for me!" It wasnt. The sound isolation didnt work and looking like a Klingon, while wearing it, just messed with my sense of fashion.

Currently I am using BlueAnt's Z9- but not on a BB- yet. I hope that it does work on my Pearl- for the $100 the Z9 cost, I hope it does work. The Z9 is fabulous with my PS3. But if it doesnt work on the Pearl, I guess I'll be out there searching all over again..... thats the pain in the **** part about finding the right BT headset- too much time spent shopping & returning, shopping & returning >>> a vicious cycle.

I'm hoping that I can find one thats three-fold.... great sound, no static, and a minimum of 12 hour talk time. I am on my phone all day long and not always able to charge up a dead headset.
    04-19-08 04:45 AM
    Bluetooth will not work if you turn off the LED indicator.
    That's odd. I've had my LED indicator set to off, for a while now. BT headsets work just fine...
    04-19-08 06:49 AM
    That's odd. I've had my LED indicator set to off, for a while now. BT headsets work just fine...
    Whoops, my sarcasm radar was down until cup 1 of my coffee.
    04-19-08 07:17 AM
    I'm so frustrated by the abysmal BT performance of this Pearl that I'm contemplating dumping BB entirely. I can't go farther than 10" from my phone before I get static. I have the Plantronics 510, but also tried the 520. I'll be damned if I'm going to spend my money buying 10 different headsets to find one that plays nice with this phone.

My old LG 8300 - I could go 30 feet from it and never hear a peep of static. I usually forgot where I put my phone because I'd walk all over the house talking, not remembering where it was.

I can't believe how bad BT performance is on BB....at least the Pearl in my experience, anyway...
    04-19-08 11:28 AM
    bluetooth overrides led as have mine off and still blinks and works fine but limited to about 8 feet with h350 headset
    04-19-08 11:39 AM
    My Jabra works fine on my 8830. But I was thinking of getting the Jawbone, don't know yet.
    04-19-08 11:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD