Was just wondering between all the currenty announced and available smartphones, who is offering the consumer the smallest & largest screens to work with? (make & model), anybody?
    07-27-11 01:31 PM
    dell streak @ 5 inches i think is the biggest

smallest is hard to say, RIM might in their OS 7 devices but there are some small screened android devices as well.
    Buzz_Dengue likes this.
    07-27-11 01:39 PM
    My Storm2 is a skoshi bit over 3" diagonal and I'm starting to shop a replacement smartphone model... 3" diagonal is a minimum for my business purposes and that is oft-times undersized....
    07-27-11 01:48 PM
    My Storm2 is a skoshi bit over 3" diagonal and I'm starting to shop a replacement smartphone model... 3" diagonal is a minimum for my business purposes and that is oft-times undersized....
    9850/9860 will be a 3.7" screen. 9900/9930 will be 2.8". 9810 will be 3.2". iPhone 4 is 3.5", iPhone 5 may be 4" but that is rumor based. Ton's of Droids running at 4.3".

I'm heavily leaning towards the 9860, but final decision will be based on in-store testing of the screen and typing on a virtual keyboard.
    07-27-11 01:58 PM
    I'm heavily leaning towards the 9860, but final decision will be based on in-store testing of the screen and typing on a virtual keyboard.
    What technology is the touch screen based on in the 9860... say compared to my Storm2???
    07-27-11 02:02 PM
    What technology is the touch screen based on in the 9860... say compared to my Storm2???
    It's just a regular touchscreen it's not surepress or whatever they called it. It doesn't click anymore basically.
    chiefbroski likes this.
    07-27-11 02:06 PM
    It's just a regular touchscreen it's not surepress or whatever they called it. It doesn't click anymore basically.
    Thanks, I will drag myself to the Verizon store and see the how it functions... really don't care for the 'surepress'.
    07-27-11 02:09 PM
    All the new Blackberry Touchscreens will be capacitive multi-touch. I just want them to come out so I can move off of my Tour. It's on it's last leg (but I have beat the p1ss out of it).
    07-27-11 02:19 PM
    Thanks, I will drag myself to the Verizon store and see the how it functions... really don't care for the 'surepress'.
    I didn't know Verizon offered services in Burkina Faso :P
    Buzz_Dengue and chiefbroski like this.
    07-27-11 02:27 PM
    Well, since the OP didn't specify that it had to a "touch" screen, I nominate the Pearl 9100 as the BB with the smallest screen - 2.25", but with a fairly dense 360 x 400 pixel resolution.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    chiefbroski likes this.
    07-27-11 02:55 PM
    @ 01itr ... you obviously haven't visited the Verizon kiosk at the Gorom-Gorom Airport... and you do have to pay your invoice in Francs, just so you know... ;}
    Last edited by Buzz_Dengue; 07-27-11 at 02:59 PM.
    07-27-11 02:57 PM
    I got the biggest there is..hehe

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk
    07-27-11 07:41 PM

Can you post of picture of yourself holding it to your ear?
    07-27-11 08:26 PM
    Hehe yeah its big. But pretty thin, 12mm or so.
    But I look stupider squinting at my torch, believe me.

07-27-11 08:32 PM
    I'd say the European Galaxy Tab for largest (7"), and Sony Xperia Mini for smallest Touchscreen (2.5") and Nokia C5 for smallest non-touch (2.2")
    07-27-11 10:07 PM
    Isn't the screen on the HP Veer pretty tiny? Scratch that...the HP Veer is tiny...

07-27-11 10:27 PM
    Isn't the screen on the HP Veer pretty tiny? Scratch that...the HP Veer is tiny...

Extremely! - TOO tiny ...I just saw one at Best Buy - time to put a watchband on it and call it a **** Tracy watch.. Oh excuse mee Crackberry doesn't like Richard Tracy..

What's the deal with tiny phones? I want one that I can hold on to and can't lose...and can see the keys and actually type on it.....
    Any smaller and I will have to put it on my keychain and use a toothpick to type.....it's getting ridiculous...
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 07-28-11 at 05:26 AM.
    Amy wineBerry likes this.
    07-28-11 05:22 AM
    Extremely! - TOO tiny ...I just saw one at Best Buy - time to put a watchband on it and call it a **** Tracy watch.. Oh excuse mee Crackberry doesn't like Richard Tracy..

What's the deal with tiny phones? I want one that I can hold on to and can't lose...and can see the keys and actually type on it.....
    Any smaller and I will have to put it on my keychain and use a toothpick to type.....it's getting ridiculous...
    Exactly!!! Now, I have small hands. But come on! Why would I want to type on the Veer? And why would I want to hold it to my face to read anything? Apparently, HP is focused on a niche market that includes Tinker Bell and Tom Thumb.
    07-28-11 01:17 PM

HP Veer is 2.6", the Xperia Mini is 2.5"
    07-28-11 02:14 PM
    HP Veer is 2.6", the Xperia Mini is 2.5"
    Welp, I guess those are two of the worse phone ideas EVER! Oh, as is the kin phone -_-

Wait, there are worse ones I'm sure.
    07-28-11 02:19 PM
    Depends on how big you want to go, and if you count tablets. You can make and receive calls on Android tablets (either using Skype, or GrooveIP with Google Voice), so you could go all the way up to a 10.1" tablet (with wifi or data plan).

Personally, I would love to see a Playbook with phone capabilities. I never hold my SGS or Tour to my ear while on a call (usually taking notes on my Tour while talking over bluetooth or speakerphone), so having just one device to carry would be perfect for me. 7" is a good size tablet, so it wouldn't be as bulky as the 10" models.

I think Dell has the biggest PHONE out there right now with the 5" model.
    07-29-11 01:14 PM

Should we be impressed?
    07-29-11 01:49 PM
    Should we be impressed?
    Actually, yes we should. Makes my 4.3" screen look small.
    07-29-11 03:19 PM
    Depends on how big you want to go, and if you count tablets. You can make and receive calls on Android tablets (either using Skype, or GrooveIP with Google Voice), so you could go all the way up to a 10.1" tablet (with wifi or data plan).

Personally, I would love to see a Playbook with phone capabilities. I never hold my SGS or Tour to my ear while on a call (usually taking notes on my Tour while talking over bluetooth or speakerphone), so having just one device to carry would be perfect for me. 7" is a good size tablet, so it wouldn't be as bulky as the 10" models.

I think Dell has the biggest PHONE out there right now with the 5" model.
    The original Samsung Galaxy Tab is a full-fledged phone in Europe. In North America the Phone part is disabled.
    07-29-11 04:28 PM
    08-01-11 03:18 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD