I use DropBox passively.
    If it's not important or if I don't need it general I don't save things to it.
    01-31-12 07:50 PM
    I'm waiting out for blackberry's version of cloud=)
    01-31-12 07:52 PM
    -- Google Docs (Free)- some documents, but haven' used it that much as not working well being behind GCF (Great China Firewall )
    -- SkyDrive (Free) - from time to time, some simple docs processing on the go, mostly with PlayBook
    -- EverNote (Free) - notes storage and sync between BB and PB
    -- BOX.COM (former BOX.NET - 50G free with PB acc) - using it quite intensively with desktop, PB and BB. Storing files needed on the go, as well sharing files/docs with partners and collaborators on some projects
    -- Microsoft365+BlackBerry Cloud (the Beta just finished) - was mostly testing, and found it working really well. Probably will get the E1 Plan for myself, or E3 Plan for working more closely (for collaboration) with partners and clients.
    01-31-12 08:28 PM
    Been using Dropbox & recently added iCloud for my address book & Calendar needs.
    01-31-12 08:38 PM
    Google, box.net, dropbox. Com
    lklim likes this.
    01-31-12 08:49 PM
    I might check Box out. I am fairly entrenched in Dropbox though. A lot of the apps I use have Dropbox functionality built in (like my documents and backup apps) so it'll take a lot to move me.
    01-31-12 09:14 PM
    Box.com It's perfect for me and my company
    01-31-12 09:19 PM
    DropBox, Pandora, Google Calender/Mail/Docs/Picasa and Evernote. I have a Chromebook for personal web access. Great device. I also blog using Posterous.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-31-12 09:21 PM
    I use Funambol, it really works well! I sync my calendar, contacts, notes and tasks with my computer, my playbook (using OS2, and the android versions of the calendar, contacts, and Funambol), and my wife's phone. That way we have all our contacts the same, and the calendar too.
    01-31-12 09:42 PM
    I use Dropbox
    01-31-12 10:10 PM
    I use Box but does not let you edit files from PC like drop box so I am going with DropBox now
    01-31-12 10:55 PM
    SugarSync - 5.5gb free + 650gb free if you do some tutorial + 500 gb free per invitation (sitting on 26.5gb as of the time of this posting). Starting storage and folder selection beats Dropbox IMHO.

Box.com - 50gb free and PlayBook app. Gotta have.

EDIT:
    Google for contacts/calendar/email.
    Kindle/Kobo for books.
    Audible for audio books.

Quite happy about a "BB Cloud" coming, I hope it can take over all of the above.
    Last edited by diegonei; 01-31-12 at 11:53 PM.
    01-31-12 11:49 PM
    totally get what kjjb02024, you're saying. i think the difference now is the size and ease of what is available. we are just looking to move to an office-less setup and the tools available are so much easier and more convenient to use.

we are using box.net as our main storage (or cloud!) with dropbox for very large files. pretty easy decision given the free 50gb i was offered AND i was able to get the same for my staff!
    02-01-12 12:29 AM
    Just curious what companies people are using for there cloud computing needs?

i am also curious if there will be a blackberry cloud in the near future?

anybody?
    Can't wait for BB Cloud + Office 365 ...
    Yet, I have an Box account ... I must say, I never used it.
    02-01-12 02:02 AM
    Sugarsync and Google package (email, docs etc) all running my business from the Torch 9800.
    Sugarsync I've found much smoother than dropbox in many ways.
    02-01-12 05:04 AM
    If you use Dropbox, you'll love Stuff file manager for PlayBook! It's on AppWorld.

Seriously.
    02-01-12 05:20 AM
    Drop Box isn't available for the 9790 with os 7 though I do have an account. Does anyone know if I can install it just with the cod files or something? Or a 3rd party app to access it
    Oh, and I use evernote for notes etc..
    FileScout has a Dropbox plugin that works.

I currently use: Google Apps, Dropbox, ToDoMatrix, ZohoCRM.

For security/privacy reasons, I am considering switching to: Hosted Exchange (Outlook) and a "private" cloud storage solution. I've been a big fan of Gmail and Google for years, and have nothing to hide, but they're starting to creep me out a little.
    Last edited by dosto; 02-01-12 at 08:37 AM.
    02-01-12 08:33 AM
    I have my contacts and calendar on Google. On my work-issued Android I use SugarSync for photos because of the instant upload option. Plus I can view them on my BlackBerry almost instantly. I use dropbox for my files, especially my school and work files. In the past I've used evernote for my notes. However, I didn't like that I wasn't able to edit them after I created them. For that reason I use springpad...now if only they'd come out with a BlackBerry app!

Hpw do I get the 50GB box.com account? I already have a PlayBook.

Edited to add: I just signed into the new evernote app and it'll let me edit my notes now...might have to go back to evernote as they have an app for BlackBerry and Android. That was my only gripe with springpad.
    Last edited by ItnStln511; 02-01-12 at 09:16 AM.
    02-01-12 09:13 AM
    Dropbox, Box.Net, Evernote
    02-01-12 11:35 AM
    I use SugarSync. I used to use Dropbox, but the BB client was so useless I switched.
    02-01-12 12:14 PM
    I basically want an iCloud solution for BB, but better. I want all my docs, pics, videos, music and any other content to stay in sync all the time, automatically, on every device I choose.
    MadGasser likes this.
    02-01-12 12:17 PM
    I basically want an iCloud solution for BB, but better. I want all my docs, pics, videos, music and any other content to stay in sync all the time, automatically, on every device I choose.
    That's what I have with Dropbox
    02-01-12 01:58 PM
    I love sugarsync. I've a paid account (30GB) and the BlackBerry app is great. Just wish they'd release one for the playbook.
    02-01-12 02:27 PM
    I love sugarsync. I've a paid account (30GB) and the BlackBerry app is great. Just wish they'd release one for the playbook.
    Want it? Fight for it: Backberry Playbook . Archive (399) . Feature Request . Forum . SugarSync Community
    02-01-12 05:49 PM
    I would like to see BB get the Amazon Cloud player, it works on the Playbook...
    02-01-12 08:14 PM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD