The best Prime Day deals that you can still buy today:Shop now while they last!
08-17-14 07:20 PM
32 12
tools
    Cricket Mobile unlimited talk and text for $25. So you won't have to worry.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-14 01:33 PM
    I received the following response from SpeakOut:

"SpeakOut Wireless does not support or offer BIS services:
    My son has my old Torch OS7 running with the seven eleven sim and runs internet via wifi and all he did was change the APN settings

AmaZ30ed
    08-14-14 02:16 PM
    Yeah, Cricket Mobile is indeed available here in Canada (for the readers who didn't notice I'm in Canada - Halifax). Might be interesting from a quick look.

And thank you AmaZ30ed for the SpeakOut internet-via-wifi conformation. I think I'm going to pull the trigger on that 9900. (Maybe the "trigger" expression wasn't the best choice. Does anyone know if the you-know-who monitors the cell phone forums?)
    08-14-14 07:20 PM
    Yeah, Cricket Mobile is indeed available here in Canada (for the readers who didn't notice I'm in Canada - Halifax). Might be interesting from a quick look.

And thank you AmaZ30ed for the SpeakOut internet-via-wifi conformation. I think I'm going to pull the trigger on that 9900. (Maybe the "trigger" expression wasn't the best choice. Does anyone know if the you-know-who monitors the cell phone forums?)
    Sorry, forgot to mention, we are in Canada too. His works so should be no issue. On the cell phone forum thing, I'm not too sure what you are asking.

AmaZ30ed
    Last edited by bradpromac; 08-14-14 at 10:24 PM.
    08-14-14 10:14 PM
    And I forgot that crackberry.com is actually based in Canada. I'm so used to being on American sites.

The phone forum thing was a bad joke referring to the U.S. National Security Agency (NSA) spying on everything and everybody.

Thanks again for taking the time to pass along the information.
    08-15-14 10:38 AM
    No problem. I'm not an expert, but I like to pass on what I do know

P.s. Seven eleven did not offer data until sometime last year so the APN settings are a little different.

Do not call and try to explain BIS, once you change the APN, it no longer goes through BIS, it just goes to regular internet.

In short the phone is set to go to BIS until you change the APN to go through Rogers which is what network the seven eleven speak out card runs on.

Let us know how you make out.

AmaZ30ed
    Last edited by bradpromac; 08-15-14 at 01:25 PM.
    08-15-14 01:12 PM
    I'm spending hours on eBay and Kijiji trying to buy a new Bold 9900. No luck.

Supposedly new phones are appearing on Kijiji every so often in different parts of Canada, but the sellers are not willing to ship them.

And I'm reading reviews on eBay from buyers who say they received used phones that were described as "new."

Anyone know of a reliable source of new 9900s at reasonable prices?
    08-17-14 07:20 PM
32 12