I've had to reinstall the OS on my BB Storm twice in 1 month because I got the "JVM Error 545" code. The first time I took it to a Verizon store and they reinstalled it, but then I had to set up all my options again.

Are there applications that interfere with the BB OS? After the 1st crash I made sure I had the lasted update installed. Is there anything else I can do? I don't even want to rely on it anymore.
    02-15-10 08:39 PM
    i recently had this error on my 9700. it randomly occurred while i wasnt even using the phone. its just a corrupted file error. you can google it to find an exact meaning. either way, i dont believe its recoverable, and requires an OS reinstall to fix.

there was nothing i did to the phone, and it was running OS .423 for awhile with no issues. it just randomly took a dump. i dont think theres really any way to avoid it. its the first time i ever experienced it.
    02-15-10 09:14 PM
    Luckily I have never encountered this problem with ANY of my Pearls (I have 4) & hope I never do. Corrupted files can be caused by anything. After all blackberry's are basically hanheld computers and they too can get viruses.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-10 12:46 AM
    Luckily I have never encountered this problem with ANY of my Pearls (I have 4) & hope I never do. Corrupted files can be caused by anything. After all blackberry's are basically hanheld computers and they too can get viruses.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    blackberry devices dont have any know viruses. files just somehow get corrupted for some reason and crash. just like any computer could randomly crash for reasons that may not be external (viruses).
    02-16-10 01:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD