I've a z10 stl100-1 it was going fine since 5 Monthes, but few days ago, it started to punish me, I'm having a problem of automatic wifi diconnection, wifi radio keeps on, but disconnects from the network, behaving like the distance is very far, but actually its close, before I used to have continuos connection for hours but now every few you minutes I'm in an Application so I should back to home> sittings> wifi and set it up again, its very bad especially when browsimg then suddenly disconnect, I was wondering if the router loses its internet connection maybe the phone disconnects it automatically? Or its an antena issue?

Amazing z10. But stupid battery
    05-18-14 06:08 PM
    I've a z10 stl100-1 it was going fine since 5 Monthes, but few days ago, it started to punish me, I'm having a problem of automatic wifi diconnection, wifi radio keeps on, but disconnects from the network, behaving like the distance is very far, but actually its close, before I used to have continuos connection for hours but now every few you minutes I'm in an Application so I should back to home> sittings> wifi and set it up again, its very bad especially when browsimg then suddenly disconnect, I was wondering if the router loses its internet connection maybe the phone disconnects it automatically? Or its an antena issue?

Have you updated the operating system lately? There is an issue for some people where it gives a "Limited Connectivity" error on some recent OS versions:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-error-909783/
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    05-18-14 06:34 PM
    If the problem has appeared suddenly I would suspect radio interference around your home or office. Did you get some new electronics recently, or move existing equipment? Or maybe a neighbor? The first thing I would try is forcing the router to a different radio channel - at least 3 channels away from where it is now or other strong signals. If you're using 2.4GHz Wifi the common out-of-box default channels are usually 1,6,11 so they may be relatively congested and you might need several trials before you find the quietest slot.

If the router is losing connectivity there should be evidence in the router's log at least until you reboot the router. The device connection would remain alive and you would NOT need to restore the device-router connection. I think from your description the problem is between your phone and router.
    05-18-14 06:38 PM
    If the problem has appeared suddenly I would suspect radio interference around your home or office. Did you get some new electronics recently, or move existing equipment? Or maybe a neighbor? The first thing I would try is forcing the router to a different radio channel - at least 3 channels away from where it is now or other strong signals. If you're using 2.4GHz Wifi the common out-of-box default channels are usually 1,6,11 so they may be relatively congested and you might need several trials before you find the quietest slot.

Also good points. I get so used to dealing with the device-specific issues here sometimes I forget the generic suggestions.
    05-18-14 06:58 PM
    My Z10 has also started doing this much more frequently within the past few weeks, in three different locations (wifi networks). No os changes since official Verizon upgrade. Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.2174
    05-19-14 03:30 PM
    Cannot take advantage of wifi for more than 2minutes...
    I'm on a leak so it could be a bug on mine...
    Anyway, it started this morning.
    05-19-14 03:36 PM
    I have had luck with setting the connection to 2.4ghz rather then 5 or dual band

Check out the official IWIK BBM channel C002FA57C posted via Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.2141
    05-19-14 04:23 PM
    I'm having the same issue on Z10, actually cannot connect to preferred Wifi network, it doesn't see it.

It's a device issue foe sure, I have a z30 and it connects no issues.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-14 12:55 PM
    I've been getting this all the time recently as well.

Posted via Q10, awaitng a slider.
    05-20-14 05:18 PM
    I was getting this everyday when I was with sky now changed to virgin media and all is fine

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.2141 pin:2AE6118E
    Ahmed Hanif likes this.
    05-20-14 05:51 PM
    My z30 does this from time to time as well. Antenna defect? *Cringes*

Posted via CB10
    05-20-14 06:04 PM
    I've been hacking this problem too. BlackBerry, what did you screw up this time! Please get it fixed soon.

Posted with my Z10 from God
    05-20-14 06:19 PM
    I have had luck with setting the connection to 2.4ghz rather then 5 or dual band
    I'm having the same issue on Z10, actually cannot connect to preferred Wifi network, it doesn't see it.

It's a device issue foe sure, I have a z30 and it connects no issues.
    My z30 does this from time to time as well. Antenna defect? *Cringes*

As chevpower394 wrote, there is a known issue with 5Ghz WiFi signals. I've had trouble maintaining them - specifically after losing signal while WiFi is still enabled and then going back in range - since around the time of the first 10.1 OS releases. A device restart will always correct it, for me.

Yesterday when that issue occurred again, I could not see my 5Ghz signal, but I could see the 2.4Ghz signal coming from the same hardware.

I've heard about this issue from a number of people, but I can't recall if I've heard it from Z30 users or not. I've got 2 Z10s that have this issue.
    05-20-14 06:54 PM
    Download from Google Play with Snap a app called "WiFi Analyzer" and see who or what signals are close by. You maybe close pairing with another WiFi. It's free and gives a graph of local signals close to you. Also, what channel they are using. You will have to make sure WiFi is active on your phone. Turn off auto selection channel mode on your router and select your best channel directly. Never seen auto mode work well on any router in a congested area. That app can give you a great alternative selection to set your router to. Channel 9 seems to be a frequent good choice. Best time to check is Friday & Saturday night late evening when most everyone will be on. Turn your output power up on the router to 400mw or higher if you can will over ride strong signals close to you too. Good Luck..

akawarrior..

Posted Via : z10 STL100-3 (2947/2274)
    Last edited by akawarrior; 05-21-14 at 09:11 AM.
    CMcRob and dudoo like this.
    05-20-14 09:14 PM

I thought it was just me! Sometimes it won't even let me connect to the wi-fi as I said on the forums a few months back. Very frustrating. Can't even use my phone when I have wi-fi lol what a joke

Posted via CB10
    05-21-14 12:44 AM
    Works fine on my Z30, but Z10 can't connect to preferred Wifi irrespective what I do.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-14 01:07 AM
    Mine does this all day long.. it's just ridiculous.

Posted via CB10 on the Z10.
    05-21-14 01:15 AM
    My Z30 does this numerous times a day, while my Z10 seems to be pretty solid. It has been hypothesized that it's due to the way BlackBerry "polls" the connection to their servers in Canada. If the poll temporarily fails, it will assume the connection is no good and disables it, falling back on your cell data. If you disable your cell network data connection, and force it to rely on wifi only, you will notice it will most likely stop giving the error because it is forced to keep trying on it.

It's just bad software.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-14 01:30 AM
    My Z30 does this numerous times a day, while my Z10 seems to be pretty solid. It has been hypothesized that it's due to the way BlackBerry "polls" the connection to their servers in Canada. If the poll temporarily fails, it will assume the connection is no good and disables it, falling back on your cell data. If you disable your cell network data connection, and force it to rely on wifi only, you will notice it will most likely stop giving the error because it is forced to keep trying on it.

That is a very specific issue that goes along with a "Limited Connectivity" error message, and it was first discussed in February here after some change was made in recent 10.2.1 OS firmware builds.

Whereas there are dozens of potential explanations for why someone's WiFi might not be stable between 2 particular devices that will not result in "Limited Connectivity" messages from BB10 devices. Branta's point about signal congestion/interference covers a lot of those cases.

In fact, the "Limited Connectivity" message generally appears when the WiFi link is good, but the internet connectivity is problematic. What the OP seems to describe is a scenario where the WiFi link is not good/reliable. Very different scenario.

Making blanket generalizations is not helpful.
    05-21-14 05:14 AM
    Furthermore, Hussein Z10 has not returned to the thread since starting it, so all we know is what he originally posted. Hard to troubleshoot without some more details.
    05-21-14 05:16 AM
    Furthermore, Hussein Z10 has not returned to the thread since starting it, so all we know is what he originally posted. Hard to troubleshoot without some more details.
    I'm still here man, but actually I wasn't replaying because I was giving time to my device to know the real cz of the issue, now I've discovered that the cause is the weakness in the low quality z10 antenna have, to explain, I'm having more stable connection than the past few days, I've tested that issue, and now even with a bad internet in the router the phone still connecting, and the other phones ensured to me that the connection is lost, while in the previous days, whether I've good or bad internet, the phone disconnect it automatically, and we know that if the router-mobile link is Good with bad internet the mobile says the limited wifi connection error message, so I guess its a hardware issue, espeacially that the z10 have a low quality radio in comparison with some other Devices.

05-21-14 08:41 AM
    Making blanket generalizations is not helpful.
    How was my statement a blanket generalization? I merely suggested another possible cause that should be considered by the thread participants, and a possible way to test/isolate/rule it out.

Good luck tracking down your "wifi radio interference" source OP... definitely easier than first switching cell-data off on your Z10.... /Not

Posted via CB10
    05-21-14 03:09 PM
    Maybe related, but I consistently have an issue with my z10 having no internet access as it switches between wifi (when becoming out of range) and data. The device seems to get hung up (like dead spots). I've never noticed this on previous devices. Is this a hardware thing? It happens as I leave home and work. Frustrating.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-14 06:53 PM
    now I've discovered that the cause is the weakness in the low quality z10 antenna have, to explain, I'm having more stable connection than the past few days, I've tested that issue, and now even with a bad internet in the router the phone still connecting...
    Remember that there are 2 distinct matters here:

1. The WiFi link between the BlackBerry and the hotspot/access-point/router.
    2. The internet link between the hotspot/access-point/router and the internet.

You can have good connection with one but not the other. The symptoms are different.
    The "Limited Connectivity" message means that #1 is good, but #2 is bad.

If the BlackBerry disconnects from WiFi, it means that #1 is bad.

Actually I think this is what you are trying to say here:

...while in the previous days, whether I've good or bad internet, the phone disconnect it automatically, and we know that if the router-mobile link is Good with bad internet the mobile says the limited wifi connection error message, so I guess its a hardware issue, espeacially that the z10 have a low quality radio in comparison with some other Devices.

However the conclusion you made is premature. The reason for a poor WiFi-to-BlackBerry link could be for various reasons, here are some common ones:

• Signal congestion / interference (most common reason)
    • Weak signal (move closer to the network device, change how you are holding device)
    • Hardware problem on network equipment side
    • Hardware problem on handheld device
    • Software problem on network equipment side
    • Software problem on handheld device
    • Protocol/physical layer incompatibility between network equipment and handheld device

Signal congestion/interference can be from:

• Other WiFi equipment in the area
    • Bluetooth equipment in the area
    • Microwave ovens operating in the area
    • Fluorescent lights or poorly shielded high-voltage equipment
    • Some cordless phones
    05-21-14 10:20 PM
    How many available signals do you see in the WiFi list, and how many are stronger than the device you are connecting to?

Mine doesn't show anything but the strongest signals. I live in a place that is highly congested - If I use a PC tool to show all visible signals, over a period of 20 minutes it will collect close to 500 of them. But the BlackBerry won't show more than 10-20 at a time, I think.
    05-21-14 10:23 PM
73 123