Sprint. Phone as modem included. I heard that price for BB Internet Service dropping from $30 to $10/month.

Either way, I'm very happy with Sprint.
    02-07-09 11:53 PM
    not a chance itll ever be $10. BB takes a cut out of what you pay and theres no way Sprint will offer it for $10. itll continue to be $30 like most of the carriers
    02-07-09 11:59 PM
    not a chance itll ever be $10. BB takes a cut out of what you pay and theres no way Sprint will offer it for $10. itll continue to be $30 like most of the carriers
    I have the blackberry pack for free....with sprint....so believe it
    02-08-09 12:38 AM
    I'm with Verizon due to the coverage.. If they would just lower their prices a bit they would totally run everyone else out of the market.. Wonder what they're waiting on..
    02-08-09 12:41 AM
    I like T-Mobile's prices the best. I know that some people who are "grandfathered" in have the best prices, but I think it's hard to beat my 34.99/month for unlimited data, email, and messages.

Now, I know that sprint *may* have a lower price for that, but the reason why I don't move to them is because they don't have myFaves. I pay only 39.99/month for 300 min and unlimited calls to 5 people, which saves me SO much because I really only talk to those 5 people the most (4,000 min/month).

I would be paying a lot on another carrier if I didn't have the myfave feature.
    02-08-09 12:57 AM
    Wow! The responses are absolutely GREAT! There are a lot of passionate customers.

After considering your comments and my layman comparisons, I have chosen to remain with Sprint in large part due to the new "Everything Family" Plans. Here is why:

1. Phone selection is my BIGGEST gripe.
    - I am not able to use my Sprint BB with the Slingbox Mobile Player Software, but other carriers offer the phones and the BB services to do this.

2. Coverage has always been good for me.
    - I am in the military and travel a considerable amount and I have ALWAYS been fortunate to have service where I have been.

3. Price was REALLY chapping my behind for what I was getting.
    - I paid $165 p/month for 2 BB and 1 regular cell phone.

NOW:

1. I bought a new Curve at a good price, but this doesn't solve my Sling Mobile Player problem.

2. Coverage remains the same.

3. After spending some time with an unusually helpful Sprint customer service rep. (I was never fond of their customer service or ATT for that matter) I learned that I was really paying too much ($165) for the services that I had and wasn't anywhere near the minutes that I am now paying for. I went from 950 minutes and some older services to the "Everything Data Family" Plan with 3 phones and 1500 minutes for $149 and all 3 phones can be BB's if I want them to be.

That was too good to be true for me. So with those obvious and some not so obvious reasons I choose to sacrifice having my Sling Mobile Player and the best phone on the market for this whopping deal. 3 BB's with unlimited BB, text, 1500 shared minutes, and Nights & Weekends from 7p-6a for $149 it is a sweet enough of a deal for me.

I want to thank all of you for your posts. I have read each and everyone of them and I have used them to guide me in my decision.

Thank you.
    did you ask them for a military discount?
    02-08-09 02:03 AM
    im happy with my verizon service
    02-08-09 03:11 AM
    I have T-Mobile and as other posters have noted, it's by far the cheapest. I will also say from my own personal experience, that they also have top notch customer service. Whenever I had questions or returns, I was always treated with courtesy by helpful staff.

The only downside and one that may force me to jump, is reception. I'm no big 3g fan, I personally think it's overrated and a battery burner but T-Mobile's Edge coverage can be abysmal in some areas. Per their map, I am supposed to get 3 bars outside of my house, truth is I am lucky to get 2 and often will be reduced to "SOS".

My advice, invite friends over who have cell phones (preferably different providers) and check their reception. Price is important but without coverage you pretty much have an expensive PDA.
    02-08-09 03:49 AM
    US Cellular has the data plan for $24.99 per month unlimited..
    02-08-09 11:07 AM
    Tmobile vs AT&T

Tmo is crazy crazy cheap.

BB Data +Unlimited Messaging = 34.99

300 minutes = 29.99

600 minutes = 39.99

1000 minutes = 49.99

1500 minutes = 59.99

Cheapest per month = 64.98 w/o tax

AT&T

BB Unlimited Data + Unlimited Messaging = 50.00

450 minutes = 39.99

900 minutes = 59.99

1350 minutes = 79.99

Cheapest Per Month = $89.99 w/o tax

To Be Fair, T mobile is significantly cheaper, but has the poorest reception.

Take a look at their coverage map and compare it to AT&T's, VZW's, Sprint's.

I've Always been a Fan of, "You Get What You Paid For."
    That's what I have, the tmo plan and I switched from VZW.

VZW did not have good coverage, in my case. I would have to go outside or stand in a certain place in the house just to make or take a phone call. Same went for texting. And the price kept going up...from 79.99 to 100.00? "Can you hear me now?" No.
    02-08-09 05:35 PM
    I have the curve for sprint and am very happy. I pay $70 for 450 min (which I never use) and everything else is UNLIMITED. (And that means EVERYTHING such as text, gps, webboroswing, email blah blah blah) Non of this 250 text message crap of which I would get raped for going way over on anyways because I use more then 250 text in one day sometimes. I travel every other week (for work) and have never had an issue with coverage either. I'm not trying to promote sprint or any carrier for that matter because as mentioned above all have their pro's and cons. I personally could care less who you go with as long as it's what's best FOR YOU. But at the same time I think when it comes to pricing it's really kind of hard to argue that as of right now Sprint is by far the cheapest plans for the value (features you get).
    Last edited by s_paw; 02-08-09 at 07:25 PM.
    02-08-09 07:23 PM
86 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD