Ya but we are talking about 59 / 69 / 79 not (99) sprint the cheapest I won't say the best but the cheapest

actually if you work it out sprints plans are no cheaper than att. especially that new unlimited plan for 99. its a marketing ploy. And also you need to look at the coverage of the carrier, because even if the bbplan is a few bucks cheaper, you need to have good service in your area to use it.

In short i would go with either verizon or at&t. Verizon seems to be a little bit cheaper per month and they have good coverage. But at&t has the best coverage. Just dont go with alltel [badd choice]
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-09 10:33 AM
    For real, the only one who gives you txt is sprint, but I think when comes to choose a plan (carrier) you have to see what you need. Quality on the service and network including less droped call OR save money. If you want to save money go for Sprint, the company is going down the hill and you do not know what is happening in the next 6 months with that company, their stock is really low and they lost about 4 - 5 millions of customer this year so far.

if you want quality you have Verizon and AT&T with the price very similar, they are more expansive but they are the top comanies with the BEST service...of course Verizon has the best network....
    I agree that Sprint is losing more and more customers every quarter and their stock is at less than $2 a share. Considering it's cheap prices I didn't understand that UNTIL I went into a store recently with my wife for one of her work phones. It is the horrific service that is going to kill them once and for all. I don't see a way out without MAJOR restaffing. I wouldn't go near them with a 10 foot pole even if they are cheaper.
    01-03-09 10:40 AM
    Tmobile vs AT&T

Tmo is crazy crazy cheap.

BB Data +Unlimited Messaging = 34.99

300 minutes = 29.99

600 minutes = 39.99

1000 minutes = 49.99

1500 minutes = 59.99

Cheapest per month = 64.98 w/o tax

AT&T

BB Unlimited Data + Unlimited Messaging = 50.00

450 minutes = 39.99

900 minutes = 59.99

1350 minutes = 79.99

Cheapest Per Month = $89.99 w/o tax

To Be Fair, T mobile is significantly cheaper, but has the poorest reception.

Take a look at their coverage map and compare it to AT&T's, VZW's, Sprint's.

I've Always been a Fan of, "You Get What You Paid For."
    Last edited by xxxxpradaxxxx; 01-03-09 at 10:57 AM.
    01-03-09 10:46 AM
    But is tmobile unlimited txt for all networks or just tmobile?

01-03-09 10:55 AM
    All networks
    01-03-09 10:56 AM
    In the scope of everything, I agree with what one other poster said, you have to look at the coverage.

If your getting the cheapest plan, that's great, but then are you going to be upset with your coverage. One thing I think a lot of people forget, first and foremost, this is your cell phone. You want it to work at all (or at least at most), times. From there, then you consider price.

I've been with Sprint(Nextel) and AT&T. I left AT&T for Sprint a few years ago and the coverage for my area was spotty compared to what I was used to receiving. Also, customer service isn't always the best. I ended up coming back to AT&T because of that.

I've not tried T-Mobile or Verizon because for me, the areas that I travel to are not covered.

As one said, you get what you pay for.
    01-03-09 11:03 AM
    I live in NYC and have had Sprint/Nextel for the last 8 yrs. I havent had any big problems with customer service, but I also do my research before I call them. My coverage is great, except for when i go out of the Tri-State area. And my I have a SERO plan which is great

1250 mins
    unlimited data
    Freee night & weekends 7pm
    unlimited text & M-M
    unlimited BB serv plan
    $80
    01-03-09 11:28 AM
    Tmobile vs AT&T

I've Always been a Fan of, "You Get What You Paid For."
    Not really in this case. Sprint blows AT&T and T-Mobile out of the water as far as coverage and cost.
    01-03-09 11:51 AM
    To the OP why not just by an unloxked phone and stay with sprint? It sounds to me that u r happy with the service/plan/price, just not happy with the phone selection. If you bouth an unlocked phone, yeah u $ay pay more upfront, but you would still have the better plan and such

01-03-09 11:52 AM
    Not really in this case. Sprint blows AT&T and T-Mobile out of the water as far as coverage and cost.
    I guess.

Sprint seems to be a happy medium.

But I detest Sprint.

I didn't include them in my comparison because:

1.) I dont have sprint/nextel

2.) Sprint is awful in my area. (Blame Nextel)

3.) They have the worst Customer Service. (Worse than AT&T, and thats pretty bad.)

4.) They have horrid devices and take forever to get the good ones. (Not to mention the Special Ed Chirp Phones.)

5.) They have those Black and White Creepy Old Man Commercials. 'nuff Said

But It's okay that you feel that way.

I on the other hand, don't.

On a sidenote- I was NOT advocating AT&T in my first post- I was just comparing Tmo BB prices to the more "Higher End" Companies.

Every month when I get my ATT bill I have to struggle with the idea of having a line with ATT with minimal minutes and having to pay an excess of 150 dollars for a single line.

Then I get my Tmobile bill and its half the price.

I'm not even going to mention my VZW Bill.
    Last edited by xxxxpradaxxxx; 01-03-09 at 12:21 PM.
    01-03-09 12:08 PM
    Tmo or sprint/nextel. I'm on tmo and love it. 35 a month for unlimited data AND texts.

01-03-09 12:33 PM
    I know! Its so Cheap!
    01-03-09 12:37 PM
    Sprint's unlimited data, text and email is $30.
    01-03-09 12:44 PM
    Wow! The responses are absolutely GREAT! There are a lot of passionate customers.

After considering your comments and my layman comparisons, I have chosen to remain with Sprint in large part due to the new "Everything Family" Plans. Here is why:

1. Phone selection is my BIGGEST gripe.
    - I am not able to use my Sprint BB with the Slingbox Mobile Player Software, but other carriers offer the phones and the BB services to do this.

2. Coverage has always been good for me.
    - I am in the military and travel a considerable amount and I have ALWAYS been fortunate to have service where I have been.

3. Price was REALLY chapping my behind for what I was getting.
    - I paid $165 p/month for 2 BB and 1 regular cell phone.

NOW:

1. I bought a new Curve at a good price, but this doesn't solve my Sling Mobile Player problem.

2. Coverage remains the same.

3. After spending some time with an unusually helpful Sprint customer service rep. (I was never fond of their customer service or ATT for that matter) I learned that I was really paying too much ($165) for the services that I had and wasn't anywhere near the minutes that I am now paying for. I went from 950 minutes and some older services to the "Everything Data Family" Plan with 3 phones and 1500 minutes for $149 and all 3 phones can be BB's if I want them to be.

That was too good to be true for me. So with those obvious and some not so obvious reasons I choose to sacrifice having my Sling Mobile Player and the best phone on the market for this whopping deal. 3 BB's with unlimited BB, text, 1500 shared minutes, and Nights & Weekends from 7p-6a for $149 it is a sweet enough of a deal for me.

I want to thank all of you for your posts. I have read each and everyone of them and I have used them to guide me in my decision.

Thank you.
    01-03-09 04:00 PM
    Can't beat sprint for prices! I too wish they had a better selections of bb. No ones perferct! Saves me money though! Lol

01-03-09 04:07 PM
    i think sprint has the best data plans, since they are all in one. You dont have to have a whole bunch of add ons
    01-03-09 04:51 PM
    you can get any carrier and in some areas one is going to be better than the others. the one with the best coverage where you live then that is the best one to have.
    01-03-09 05:24 PM
    i agree that coverage is key.

in my area, not only does sprint get good reception, their plans are also very affordable and feature rich.
    01-03-09 07:55 PM
    I have been with Sprint for some time now and I have been envious of other carriers who seem to offer the latest and greatest BB's. Sprint in general doesn't have great phones and are always behind the curve or playing catch up with the rest of the industry when it comes to phones and BB services.

So, I am considering switching carriers, but I want to know from you is, what carrier is the best? I want to know in terms of price first, then network & BB functionality and then phone selection.
    I honestly don't understand what the big deal is...whoopee...a few months?

Look at verizon and this whole storm issue...it's causing a real negative storm...people are on their 4th or 5th replacement and eventually are going back to the curve....

let other carriers deal with the problems first, then jump in.

I don't mind the wait....with my plan....I don't care
    01-03-09 08:24 PM
    I took the Sprint Everything 450 and added up what I'd have to get on AT&T to match it and it came out to $150 per month compared to $69 on Sprint. That's a no brainer to me. Don't get me wrong I know AT&T has the best coverage and phone selection but their prices come at a premium. I would love to be on AT&T but the only thing that holds me back are the prices. So I stay at sprint as long as they don't go down hill but they are getting better.

01-03-09 08:55 PM
    actually if you work it out sprints plans are no cheaper than att. especially that new unlimited plan for 99. its a marketing ploy. And also you need to look at the coverage of the carrier, because even if the bbplan is a few bucks cheaper, you need to have good service in your area to use it.

In short i would go with either verizon or at&t. Verizon seems to be a little bit cheaper per month and they have good coverage. But at&t has the best coverage. Just dont go with alltel [badd choice]
    You need to look again - the Sprint $99 plan is called Everything cause it includes EVERYTHING - unlimited minutes, data, text, etc. I have looked....and looked and I have not seen a similar plan that includes data and text messaging at ATT for $99. Please link it for me.
    01-03-09 09:50 PM
    For real, the only one who gives you txt is sprint, but I think when comes to choose a plan (carrier) you have to see what you need. Quality on the service and network including less droped call OR save money. If you want to save money go for Sprint, the company is going down the hill and you do not know what is happening in the next 6 months with that company, their stock is really low and they lost about 4 - 5 millions of customer this year so far.

if you want quality you have Verizon and AT&T with the price very similar, they are more expansive but they are the top comanies with the BEST service...of course Verizon has the best network....
    And they still have 42M customers and 5.5B market cap - they're just going to suddenly close down in 6 months?? Doubt it. And Verizon has the best network is very subjective - I just tested out a Storm and the VZW network was no better than my existing Sprint service. Honestly, the call quality was worse wherever I was than my Sprint service (two states and large metro areas). I was very surprised. Again, it is only "the best" if you have coverage.
    01-03-09 09:58 PM
    I am very happy with my sprint service....I pay $29 a month with taxes for 6pm nights, unlimited incoming, blackberry pack, pam, unlimimted text, pick3, no raoming, free long distance, mobile to mobile ...I can go on forever

I cannot even think of any other company that comes even close to this

For saving almost $100 a month, I don't mind waiting a few months for a phone.
    01-03-09 10:36 PM
    wow, i guess that is pretty good. But only if you get good coverage--otherwise its useless..
    01-04-09 03:38 PM
    I'm driving through the middle of noshere in northern kentucky on my way back to school as I'm typing this . I couldn't be happier with the service

01-04-09 03:42 PM
86 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD