11-30-11 06:00 PM
36 12
tools
    Simple: Deliver a new OS and ecosystem that does everything a BBOS device can do on the messaging front with all of the great apps and media experience that are available on iOS and Android.
    11-29-11 05:08 PM
    They need two things

1. beautiful phones and tablets - pieces of art

2. very good marketing - "BlackBerry" is a cool word for a phone, they have to come into the room and say "that's right baby, I'm your phone and/or tablet"
    11-29-11 08:13 PM
    They need two things

1. beautiful phones and tablets - pieces of art

2. very good marketing - "BlackBerry" is a cool word for a phone, they have to come into the room and say "that's right baby, I'm your phone and/or tablet"
    Some of their devices have great aesthetic quality. The current Bold is beautiful, and the PlayBook is also very striking. But I have to agree with those who say that they need to do whatever they have to do to get the "name" apps on board, such as Skype, Kindle, etc. These apps have enough gravitas to attract smaller developers.

On the subject of apps, it would be nice to be able to do what Android users can do, which is to browse and buy apps on a desktop web browser and have them pushed to the device. This may seem like a frill, but it's the kind of thing that makes the app ecosystem look like it's on the cutting edge. RIM has the tech to do this now, even if the app installation still requires a reboot.

There are a lot of things that could be fixed or enhanced, but they won't generate excitement. Excitement happens when users find that they can do something new and interesting that they hadn't thought of before. Then you have to tell people about it, and that's what the marketing should emphasize.
    11-29-11 08:52 PM
    Why don't they just make an awesome phone with AT LEAST all the capabilities other phone manufacturers offer? It really is that simple.
    11-30-11 12:11 AM
    Here's what I think they should do in North America:
    - keep up the heavy promo's on the playbook at least until 2.0. I think a big benefit of the $200 playbook is to keep current users happy and bring some new phone users into the fold. This should help stabilize US market share. Continuing to restock shelves with more discounted playbooks and grabbing a meaningful share of the holiday tablet market should give the user base a major boost and thus get devs more excited, and therefore get more productive on the platform.
    -report solid global sales of OS7 devices and stabilization of the US market Dec 15th
    -release fusion thus keeping RIM's foot in the door with their BIS servers
    -release playbook OS 2.0 and the BBX phones with full TAT eye candy, major gateway apps, BB balance and the new BIS server support and start wowing their enterprise customers.
    -then start marketing like crazy.
    11-30-11 03:03 AM
    RIM will release QNX waffle makers in 2012 to win back market share in the US.... true story.

you heared it here first guys.
    11-30-11 05:19 AM
    Where is the marketing. Where are the adverts. If RIM is going to do this when they launch BBX then it is going to go down like a cup of cold sick. They need some serious promotion for that next year.
    11-30-11 06:54 AM
    Where is the marketing. Where are the adverts. If RIM is going to do this when they launch BBX then it is going to go down like a cup of cold sick. They need some serious promotion for that next year.
    Interesting. Especially when so much is riding on QNX/BBX devices being competitive upon release.. Time will tell.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    11-30-11 09:49 AM
    RIM needs to come out and absolutley smash it on marketing. No crappy ads that people see once and wonder what was it for! But promotional events, discounts for the first buyers, adverts everywhere. Get it out there RIM!

So much for the US market is riding on this launch. It simply has to be a success there.
    11-30-11 10:32 AM
    Give me the equivalent screen, hardware and programs that the Samsung Galaxy Note has.
    11-30-11 12:49 PM
    I guess I don't really have much advice for RIM. I however do believe they will bounce back in the next year though, especially with the new OS7 phones that have more capabilities including their own dedicated GPUs and faster processors. Once developers learn to really take advantage of it, these new phones will fly.
    11-30-11 06:00 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD