I am with the "release a new phone" group. I would rather have ANY BlackBerry than any other platform.

Off topic here- my Thanks button is missing. I still have the Like one though. Hmmmmm. Can you abuse Thanks maybe?
    shaleem likes this.
    06-30-12 03:51 PM
    Stay in business. Keep making BlackBerrys.

BlackBerrys are the best cell phones out there today. They may not be #1 any more but that just makes them all the more desirable to me.

If not everybody buys a Mercedes-Benz or a Rolex or a BlackBerry, I am happy. It makes these products part of an exclusive club. The best, imo.
    This exactly. Just freakin survive.

Get an ad campaign going that is dynamic, motivating and gets the BB product back in the game.

Its bizarre to me that a device as capable as BB is getting bowled over by toys that can also make phone calls (iphone & Android). And the answer is marketing. the competition is offering anything but gimmicks. But they market these toys like they are the next coming.

And the lemmings just keep marching along.
    06-30-12 04:06 PM
    This exactly. Just freakin survive.

Get an ad campaign going that is dynamic, motivating and gets the BB product back in the game.

Its bizarre to me that a device as capable as BB is getting bowled over by toys that can also make phone calls (iphone & Android). And the answer is marketing. the competition is offering anything but gimmicks. But they market these toys like they are the next coming.

And the lemmings just keep marching along.
    Not that simple, to just say that people buy other phones cos they are hoodwinked by marketing.
    When people experience a device such as BB PB with no email, hardly counts as marketable. Why wouldn't they switch?
    Or BB handsets where other op systems are superior, have better cameras, have more apps in every single category, or have a better web browsing capability. Yes the Bb may be "capable", but other devices do a heck of a lot more and this has to be acknowledged. People haven't left the BB because they want "toys", it is because these other phones have added more capabilities faster than RIM have. Is he BB a toy compared to a Nokia 3310? No?

I really want RIM to reinvent itself and be strong and a leader again, it will be great for Canadian economy. Also, helps when the small guy in town can challenge the big guys. But ignoring the fact that they are behind the curve n giving consumers what they need, and blaming people's defection on "a craving for toys", isn't the real solution.
    06-30-12 04:25 PM
    If RIM makes a landscape slider keyboard phone running Android 4.1 Jelly Bean I will buy it in a heartbeat. RIM does one thing really great and that is keyboards. I am confident they can create an excellent slider keyboard and still retain the extra screen rel estate with a full robust ecosystem with Google services at its finest.
    06-30-12 04:57 PM
    I've been on vacation with my 9900 as my only camera, and got hundreds of excellent photos. No problems there. Auto-focus for quick closeups would be great, but it's not something I need often.

The java-based BBOS is maxed out. There isn't much more that can be coaxed out of it.

If RIM were to produce a new OS7 Bold, with, say, 3.2" screen and bigger battery, I'd probably get it, but it'd be a commercial failure overall. So really they just have to get BB10 out the door. There's nothing else for them to do.
    07-01-12 05:55 AM
    I've been on vacation with my 9900 as my only camera, and got hundreds of excellent photos. No problems there. Auto-focus for quick closeups would be great, but it's not something I need often.

The java-based BBOS is maxed out. There isn't much more that can be coaxed out of it.

If RIM were to produce a new OS7 Bold, with, say, 3.2" screen and bigger battery, I'd probably get it, but it'd be a commercial failure overall. So really they just have to get BB10 out the door. There's nothing else for them to do.

Glad your having fun.

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry
    07-01-12 06:07 AM
    Man, I would love to try taking the BB 9900 on a photo-taking trip around the US one day. That would be really something to search for Verizon hotspots.
    07-01-12 07:13 AM
    Looking to sharpen up your typing skills? Blackberry has the phone for you!
    07-01-12 07:15 AM
    Release a new phone.
    This really is the only answer needed. Without a new device NO ONE will be buying. It'll be over a year between the 9900 and whatever the new device will be called. I guess that works for Apple but it hasn't worked for RIM. 9 months from now a lot of consumers/enterprises will have moved on and it won't matter what they release.

I really see RIMs future as a cheap, emerging markets manufacturer. 95% curves and a few token sales of other devices.
    07-01-12 10:10 AM
    You know, for me, just stay in business. I don't have to be sold on BlackBerry. I've bought in long ago. I'd like them to keep their promises and minimize delays as much as possible.
    07-01-12 11:11 AM
    release a new phone.
    +1000

wth....
    07-01-12 11:33 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD