Anybody ever see those "running script" messages when you load a web page, they seem to slow down the browser? I've been getting a lot of these lately which seems abnormal. Is there some way to deal with these?
    12-04-09 04:46 PM
    Doesn't it mean that the browser is doing as it says?

Running a loaded script (anything from images to tables) from a web page/encrypted source?

:S
    12-04-09 05:04 PM
    Anybody ever see those "running script" messages when you load a web page, they seem to slow down the browser? I've been getting a lot of these lately which seems abnormal. Is there some way to deal with these?
    whenever i see this i usually reload the page--then it should start to load normally. dont know why this is...
    12-04-09 05:55 PM
    In your browser configuration, uncheck Support Java Script if you want the pages to load faster. http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/java-script-207503/
    12-04-09 05:57 PM
    Yeah, uncheck java script. Its not needed on every web page. Just check it if you ever browse a page requiring it. Your browser will be faster without it checked.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-09 07:06 PM
    If you load a page that needs it, hit the J key and it reloads that page with javascript enabled.

12-04-09 07:23 PM
    If you load a page that needs it, hit the J key and it reloads that page with javascript enabled.

Rockerdon is that J key with Javascript checked in the browser configurations or is that available for just "prompt for Javascript" in the browser configurations? Can you use for either setting or does it need to be one or the other? Thanks.
    12-04-09 07:29 PM
    I have them both unchecked and it works just fine. If you check the "prompt for javascript" box, you'll get a popup on pages that use javascript asking if you want to reload with it enabled.

Also, keep in mind that if you do any of this, when you reload a page with javascript, its only for THAT page. If you follow any links or leave that page in any way, it disables again.

12-04-09 08:48 PM
    disable javascript
    12-05-09 11:18 AM
    Thanks everybody for the suggestions!

Mark
    12-10-09 05:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD