That's a good one, since everyone raves about the "games and apps".
    This is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. If you read the post DIRECTLY ABOVE YOURS, you'll see that notifications are no longer intrusive. That they can, in fact, be turned off altogether if you wish.
    GingerSnapsBack likes this.
    05-10-12 07:23 AM
    The best signal/radio strength of any phone I've ever had. I've never been anywhere that I have not had a good commo signal.
    Translation.......I can make/recieve phone calls and text messages while people on their iphones and androids (yes, even the almighty Motorola) are dead in the water.
    kbz1960 and collapsed like this.
    05-10-12 07:27 AM
    This is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. If you read the post DIRECTLY ABOVE YOURS, you'll see that notifications are no longer intrusive. That they can, in fact, be turned off altogether if you wish.
    I work for a contractor that services smartphones. Most of the calls are for iPhone. The major point people say they have the iPhone was for the apps.
    deezy87 likes this.
    05-10-12 07:27 AM
    I work for a contractor that services smartphones. Most of the calls are for iPhone. The major point people say they have the iPhone was for the apps.
    that might be because most of your clients own them? I took a look about a year ago at a study posted on Gartner that was done by a major warranty claims company last year. They showed iPhones having the least number of malfunctions of all smartphone manufacturers, followed by BB, then Motorola, HTC, etc.

Conversely, iPhones received a very low score for having the most warranty claims due to damage and accidents (dropping the phone).

Does your company service them for accidental damage or for hardware/software defects?
    05-10-12 07:39 AM
    that might be because most of your clients own them? I took a look about a year ago at a study posted on Gartner that was done by a major warranty claims company last year. They showed iPhones having the least number of malfunctions of all smartphone manufacturers, followed by BB, then Motorola, HTC, etc.

Conversely, iPhones received a very low score for having the most warranty claims due to damage and accidents (dropping the phone).

Does your company service them for accidental damage or for hardware/software defects?

You "took a look at a study a year ago"....LMFAO
    05-10-12 07:54 AM
    Reliable push email, clear communications, brilliant PIM, bridging to the PlayBook. The big bonus being there is no apple on it.
    THIS
    • Android ships with carrier versions of e-mail/messages...Google ships with that too. Double notifications and sloooow push on chat and e-mails.
    • On iPhone, Beejive, AIM, WhatsApp, etc. all are slow to get messages. WhatsApp often disconnects and has to reconnect, it drains battery, and messages often don't arrive til you check the corresponding app. WTF?\
    05-10-12 08:03 AM
    I'm not sure if this thread is troll bait, but consider me with a hook in my mouth..

Suprisingly, I've found typing one handed on an iPhone easier than my experience with the 9930. I can type blind with the iPhone keyboard, and any errors usually get corrected since I've been using the keyboard so much and it learned my vocab.

Again, personal experience, but the 9930 I noticed had a big learning curve for 1 handed blind texting.

This stopped last year with iOS 5. Actually, the way they do messages now is really useful and efficient. When doing something, it appears as a banner on the top and you get to see the first line of the message, whether it be an email, text, iMessage, etc...

I'm not sure you can say that Blackberry has a distinct advantage after some of the horror stories from the 99xx series I've heard. In my experience, my iphone 4's battery was much more reliable than my 9930. Again, my experience, but I think the gap is closing in the battery war.

I mean look at the PlayBook's battery vs. the iPad. Not even close...

I agree, I really wish we had a system like that.

A feature that may not be as useful in the future with cloud data storage.

Sure, you can "type blind"...and surprisingly this also corresponds with the increase of nonsense on the internet

SD card + cloud trumps your cloud-only-needed iPhone rant
    05-10-12 08:04 AM
    Not a wind up thread at all, it was a genuine question and I'm enjoying the answers, including the debunking of some of the 'advantages'.

Folks on this forum are sooooo suspicious about motives and see a troll under every bridge
    05-10-12 08:07 AM
    Top notch quality radio makes
    call signal and quality superb.
    Again like everyone else pointed out the LED notifications
    and profile settings. These 2 alone
    are the number one Features that
    makes a BB better for my needs.
    Once u are used to them u cannot live without them. Going from my phone to a iPhone4s is a downgrade for my needs.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    05-10-12 08:08 AM
    Sure, you can "type blind"...and surprisingly this also corresponds with the increase of nonsense on the internet

That's not what I said. I said, in the future, the removable storage will have less importance with the implementation of cloud storage. I never said cloud storage was preferable.
    ambarmetta likes this.
    05-10-12 08:24 AM
    I'm mor eimpressed with what BB10 can do that others cannot: access your unified inbox from within any app by a single swipe, then back to that app, or any other with another single swipe.

Currently Android does this with the notification status bar. But that only works on unread email/sms/calls etc. Once you select an unread message there it automatically clears from the notification status bar and you have to press home screen and then another 1-2 clicks to get back to it if you're in another app.

It's a simple feature they could have allowed by simply adding an option to manually/automatically clear notifications, but they overlooked it.
    ambarmetta likes this.
    05-10-12 08:27 AM
    I'm always kinda amazed by these threads and how many are just unaware of what the iphone can do. It doesn't matter how many times you tell them something,....they'll just ignore you and regurgitate the same "facts" in the next thread that comes along.

Also amazed at how many people still think of truncated email as an advantage.
    I'm a BlackBerry user and I HATE truncated email.
    jamesbondOO7 likes this.
    05-10-12 08:27 AM
    That's not what I said. I said, in the future, the removable storage will have less importance with the implementation of cloud storage. I never said cloud storage was preferable.
    In the future where data plans will get smaller and smaller or more and more expensive?
    ambarmetta likes this.
    05-10-12 08:32 AM
    After seeing this quote by guerllamo7 from another thread:

I'm fascinated to know what these might be. Can anyone enlighten me, as I constantly have this BB bashing to contend with? Thought it an interesting enough subject to highlight it, rather than lose it at the bottom of another thread.
    Install BeBuzz. Show them how your most important contacts are assigned custom colors for messages. So you can glance over at your phone laying on a table and see who has messaged you. And we're not talking some cheap dim LED that shows one color. On a BlackBerry the LED can be set to very bright and do a lot of colors and patterns.

Easy one. How could I forget.
    shemaree09 and SnoozerBold like this.
    05-10-12 08:33 AM
    In the future where data plans will get smaller and smaller or more and more expensive?
    Again, I never said it was preferable, I said on device storage will have less importance in the future.
    05-10-12 08:35 AM
    you are aware this is illegal lol
    It's not something I advocate doing but it IS something you CAN do with a BB. The OP never mentioned "legal" things you can do with a BB .
    05-10-12 08:36 AM
    IMHO the only major benefit to the BB is that it can use BIS on a �5 a month pay as you go.
    So your kids can get in contact with you via BBM and not be unable to contact you because they have run out of prepay credit.

From below link.
    http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Black...go/td-p/891229
    Adding BIS to an account adds a new APN (Access Point Name). All the BlackBerry services need this APN to work. BBM, BB email and BlackBerry Apps such as Twitter and Facebook will all use this APN. Your browser will use the standard PAYT data APN.
    Using services that use the BlackBerry APN will use data from a small allowance that's given as part of the service (around 25mb). As the data is heavily compressed by BlackBerry for these services this will cover your BBM, email and BB App usage.
    If you browse the internet you will get charged unless you have a browsing pack enabled.
    I trust this answers your query, but let me know if you've any further questions.
    Last edited by lewis71980; 05-10-12 at 08:47 AM.
    05-10-12 08:37 AM
    Why am I not surprised that you text while driving?

who says that?
    People with good grammar and an education .

And as for texting while driving, I don't do that. Basically because I drive at speeds thrice the road limit, so texting while driving would be very dangerous. However it still IS something that can be done with a BlackBerry far easily than an iPhone.
    05-10-12 08:41 AM
    It's not something I advocate doing but it IS something you CAN do with a BB. The OP never mentioned "legal" things you can do with a BB .
    If the phone is in a cradle on the dashboard within reach it's not illegal to text. Holding the phone in your hand is illegal even if you're not using it.
    05-10-12 08:42 AM
    ...most of everything you guys said...iPhone does though.

LOL @ everybody saying we don't have a long battery life.
    My iPhone gets heavier usage than my BB ever did & it lasts a day & half to two days
    before it reaches 20%.

That's one thing I'll miss about iPhone when I switch to BB again.

EDIT: Idk why everybody complains about an LED flash. 9/10 you're by your phone ALL DAY so
    when you get a call, email, text, etc your phone lights up & you'll know. No need for a LED notification on the iPhone.
    Last edited by antheauxny; 05-10-12 at 08:46 AM.
    Crude Berry likes this.
    05-10-12 08:43 AM
    I'mmoreimpressed with what BB10 can do that others cannot: access your unified inbox from within any app by a single swipe, then back to that app, or any other with another single swipe.

Currently Android does this with the notification status bar. But that only works on unread email/sms/calls etc. Once you select an unread message there it automatically clears from the notification status bar and you have to press home screen and then another 1-2 clicks to get back to it if you're in another app.

It's a simple feature they could have allowed by simply adding an option to manually/automatically clear notifications, but they overlooked it.
    LOL, you do know that Blackberry also has a nottification bar don't you?
    05-10-12 08:44 AM
    This is not about what the iphone can do, it's about it can't do.

For example it can't download and upload in the browser. I just downloaded the Ask Rim Q&A MP3 file this morning, how would you go about doing that on an iphone? Answer me that.

PS the truncation is a huge advantage for people on a limited data plan or for people that travel abroad a lot.
    That's funny...I just downloaded & extracted Stevie wonder's "hotter than July" album. (I used the downloads app)...

Sent from my IPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    05-10-12 08:50 AM
    That's funny...I just downloaded & extracted Stevie wonder's "hotter than July" album. (I used the downloads app)...

Sent from my IPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    So your answer is you couldn't do it in the browser so you had to get an app to do it. Correct? Because the iphone browser can't do it. Am I right?
    jamesbondOO7 and SnoozerBold like this.
    05-10-12 08:53 AM

That gave me my laugh for the day....thanks.
    05-10-12 08:54 AM
    If the phone is in a cradle on the dashboard within reach it's not illegal to text. Holding the phone in your hand is illegal even if you're not using it.
    I live in India. We have a very wide definition of law here. I really don't care what is legal or not.
    05-10-12 09:01 AM
358 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD