Morning yall, My mom currently has the BB Pearl. She loves the capabilities of the phone but getting up in her years the display is posing an issue. We are all thinking of which BB to upgrade her to this holiday season. Our choices are either the curve or the tour. Without a doubt they have a better and bigger display than the pearl so what are the pros and cons of the two from an addicts perspective? Another option i thought of was the S2. She always has her nails done. My wife and i have the S1 and she just doesnt get her nails done anymore because they are useless on the S1, messes her up texting etc. With the new technology in the S2 will this also be a problem? Can you use your nails to type on this phone? Guess we could wait for it to release and go test drive it, but i want something she can enjoy and not have to worry about. As Always there are better answers in here than you can get at any store!
    10-16-09 06:14 AM
    When you say the Curve, are you talking about the 8900 or 8330?
    10-16-09 06:38 AM
    My guess is he meant 8330 since the alternate is the Tour. Go for the Tour. It'll knock her socks off.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-09 06:42 AM
    I figured, but his carrier says AT&T so I thought about the 8900...

I also say go with the Tour because of its better Screen Resolution, it is a very good upgrade from the 8330 and especially the Pearl...
    10-16-09 06:47 AM
    There are many great things about the tour and then there are many great things about the Curve. The tour didn't seem worth the upgrade from my curve since most of them have/had a ball trackball or battery door. I've read many bad reviews on the Tour. Get your mom to play with both of them to see which one will be the best for her.
    10-16-09 07:19 AM
    Will do, thanks for the feedback and im going to nudge her towards the tour i think...we'll see...
    10-16-09 01:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD