Hi all BlackBerry fans!

I have a little dillemma... So I'm a BB fan(obviously ) but I need to buy a new phone... So here is the case.

Now I have some budget Android device, my past with mobile phones is let's say - rich

Now I'm thinking about S8, OnePlus 5, LG G6, S7 Edge and Priv(about Priv - read the last part of this post). BB K1 is way too expensive at the moment.

I've had BB Priv, I've sold it almost year ago because of it's overheating problems, but also now I'm thinking about going back to Priv, maybe my device was broken? Maybe new one will be a better one without overheating problems? I've read some forum posts about Priv overheating and I see it's a Russian Roulette. One Priv is overheating and the other one is not.

So what do you think? Any help will appreciated
    Last edited by Vitno; 07-06-17 at 01:11 AM.
    07-05-17 08:34 AM
    Start playing the Russian roulette! But in this case you can't die but will only get better...

Find a respectable mobile phone shop/provider that has a 1 week return guarantee. All the EU countries have it atm. Get a phone, I'd start with a brand new priv, give it a good go, like use it and abuse it without scratching it or dropping it, while taking notes, return the phone, reason being that it didn't fulfill your needs or it was overheating, or it had this annoying bug that is all over Google, you know what I mean... and on you go to the next one.

If you can't get money back in the same shop ask for store credit.

I work in the service industry so we call this service recovery and every company includes possible returns in the selling price already.
    07-05-17 09:28 AM
    it depends whehter priv gets updates and up to date OS as well. plenty of choices in the andriod world and their security features more or less the same. xiaomi build quality good if you are not after resell value. personally I recommend HTC 10 and Huawei P9. Samsung is too fragile and not sure I can trust Samsung when their TVs are tapping everybody out there

In terms of blackdriod, I only recommend DTEK60
    Hussain_Zafar and Vitno like this.
    07-05-17 10:26 AM
    I think that Priv will get update soon. But I'm afraid that again I will be dissapointed because of it's overheating problems. But to be honest, I love BlackBerry phones, and I miss this BB phone feeling which none of the Samsung, Apple or other manufacturer does have.
    07-05-17 01:18 PM
    Hi all BlackBerry fans!

I have a little dillemma... So I'm a BB fan(obviously ) but I need to buy a new phone... So here is the case.

Now I have some budget Android device, my past with mobile phones is let's say - rich

Now I'm thinking about S8, OnePlus 5, LG G6, S7 Edge and Priv(about Priv - read the last part of this post). BB K1 is way too expensive at the moment.

I've had BB Priv, I've sold it almost year ago because of it's overheating problems, but also now I'm thinking about going back to Priv, maybe my device was broken? Maybe new one will be a better one without overheating problems? I've read some forum posts about Priv overheating and I see it's a russian roulette. One Priv is overheating and the other one is not.

Samsung TouchWiz sucks, your phone will be slower in about 1 year. LG has often hardware problem after 2 years. Priv is just like you mentioned a Russian Roulette. So just wait for next generation KeyOne (KeyTwo?) or OnePlus 5.

Posted from my lovely  Z30
    07-06-17 12:09 AM
    Right now I'm using a Samsung S7 Edge with the Blackberry Hub+ suite (using all components including launcher), and Cobalt's BlackBerry keyboard workaround. Awesome combo...it's great to have BlackBerry apps and the BlackBerry keyboard on some decent hardware. I do miss the security updates, but my Edge has the June 2017 security patch in Nougat, so not too shabby...and if I really want to, I can make use of secure folder or Knox.
    07-06-17 08:48 AM
    I think it's best to opt out of the Priv just to avoid getting a bad unit again. Though I have to say, I myself was tempted in getting one before.

Now, if you can even consider getting an S8, I think the price of the KEYone is pretty accessible. It's just a matter of weighing in the features you really want in a phone.
    07-06-17 09:28 AM
    I think it's best to opt out of the Priv just to avoid getting a bad unit again. Though I have to say, I myself was tempted in getting one before.

Now, if you can even consider getting an S8, I think the price of the KEYone is pretty accessible. It's just a matter of weighing in the features you really want in a phone.
    In my country KEYone costs more than the S8. So you think that the Priv is the best chocice from phones I've wrote about in the first post?
    07-06-17 10:16 AM
    Don't buy a Priv.
    07-06-17 10:24 AM
    Don't buy a Priv.
    Agreed the overheating issue is annoying, when it hot become so laggy
    07-06-17 10:25 AM
    I'd narrow it down to the OnePlus 5, S8 or G6. The S7 Edge is getting old and the Priv is old.
    xandros9 likes this.
    07-06-17 10:27 AM
    What about Xiaomi Mi6 or HTC10?
    07-06-17 10:29 AM
    In my country KEYone costs more than the S8. So you think that the Priv is the best chocice from phones I've wrote about in the first post?
    I think it's fair to say if you do not require the slightly more robust security and close to stock Android experience available on a Blackberry Android...and you appreciate better hardware performance (except no physical keyboard) there are many good options available for the money. The BlackBerry apps only cost about $12 a year.

For the record I was not trying to push the S7 Edge on you either, that just happens to be what I am using at the moment...although for almost half the price of an S8 and better hardware than any BlackBerry Android currently available, I would say it's not exactly a bad choice either.
    07-06-17 12:02 PM
    Hi all BlackBerry fans!

I've had BB Priv, I've sold it almost year ago because of it's overheating problems, but also now I'm thinking about going back to Priv, maybe my device was broken? Maybe new one will be a better one without overheating problems? I've read some forum posts about Priv overheating and I see it's a Russian Roulette. One Priv is overheating and the other one is not.

The devices you listed were all flagship devices with high price tags, get the BB K1 as it would be slightly less for the $$$!
    Right now I'm using a Samsung S7 Edge with the Blackberry Hub+ suite (using all components including launcher), and Cobalt's BlackBerry keyboard workaround. Awesome combo...it's great to have BlackBerry apps and the BlackBerry keyboard on some decent hardware. I do miss the security updates, but my Edge has the June 2017 security patch in Nougat, so not too shabby...and if I really want to, I can make use of secure folder or Knox.
    07-06-17 12:10 PM
    Only samsungs explode so get another.

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    07-06-17 12:11 PM
    Only samsungs explode so get another.

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    It's a pity BlackBerry didn't contract Samsung to build their hardware for them... they would have sold a lot more devices!
    07-06-17 12:25 PM
    If a keyboard is not a big deal, get the S8 or LG G6, give them both a go in the phone store.
    07-06-17 02:00 PM
    Some how it is important for me, I write a lot on my phone, but good virtual keyboard does the job. Maybe not as good as PKB and without this "clicky" feeling but I can get used to it
    07-06-17 02:09 PM