got a berry 9700 and i need a bluetooth headset for when im driving and stuff...safety first but ya anyways which one should I get that works with the 9700? not looking to break the bank with the best range or anything my phone will always be within a couple feet of the headset i just need to know which ones i could get and should i get it off ebay or a store online or something else?

thank you
    02-18-10 12:00 AM
    I like the Q1 but they are a little expensive.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-10 12:39 AM
    I got the Samsung WEP870 Stereo/Mono Bluetooth Headset $18.00 with free shipping. I have been using it for couple of weeks now and I like it very much. It is not the best unit out there but for the price you cant go wrong. I am also using it with my BB 9700.

Samsung Bluetooth
    02-18-10 01:13 AM
    I have to agree I have the q1 also and LOVE it (managed to get a deal on it) blue ant makes a good blue tooth. The last model was also a good one. they sell it on crackberry for 60 bucks I think....
    02-18-10 09:24 AM
    Don't get a headset if you're going to be in the car.

Get a Jabra Cruiser. You can connect 2 devices to it at once, it will say the name of the person calling, you can have it play sound through the actual device or the car radio, and you can pick what station to play it on. You can play music through it. Everything is very clear.
    02-18-10 09:51 AM
    the cruiser does sound interesting but most of the time i would rather have a bluetooth in my ear and hear the conversation directly so the other passangers in my vehicle dont hear every part...espically when im talking to my gf lol
    02-18-10 12:09 PM
    The Plantronics Voyager PRO has great reviews and is like $80.00 or so on amazon or flebay. I have used several and most of the reasonable priced units are about the same on sound quality so you just have to decide what is most comfortable in your ear. I had a Motorola, can't remember the model but it was a cheapie entry level one and a plantronics 220 and the plantronics fit so much better. The motorola would really hurt my ear after a few minutes so you have to see which one will work best for your size/shape ear. You might think it is no big deal because you won't be wearing it for long or whatever but if it gets uncomfortable then it really makes you not want to use it.

Just my .02

Chad
    02-18-10 04:49 PM
    just got the jabra SP715 from costco for 69.99 i used it for a quick drive to work and its awesome the FM transmitter is sooooo good to stream music unlike the ipod ones a couple of years ago. i havent tried talking on it but if it is great for phone calls also; im gonna return my jawbone icon and use my moto H700 when i NEED a BT on my ear which besides driving isnt much i dont mind holding my phone like the good 'ol days
    02-18-10 05:29 PM
    "I" personally recommend Jawbone: Introducing Jawbone ICON„ The World€™s First Intelligent Headset
    Last edited by jshuford; 02-22-10 at 05:38 AM.
    02-18-10 05:34 PM
    I bought a BlackBerry HS500 for me and a Jawbone Prime for the wifey.
    Both were $79.99 (in Canadian dollars) from TigerDirect.ca- Computers, Computer Parts, Computer Accessories, PC Components & Electronics. (Plus shipping was free!)

Virtually any BT device will work with your Bold. Decide your price range and see what you can get for that.
    02-18-10 06:16 PM
    +1 on the On/Off switch!
    Yep the new BB HS 500 has it.

There are a few less expensive Motorola earpieces with the switch too.
    There must be others as well.

Best Buy seems to have the best in-store selection of models for you to go check out.

02-21-10 08:11 PM
    plantronics voyager pro...nothing is close....got it for 50.00 shipped from verizon....

My BT history

Motorola BR H550? it was years
    Plantronics voyager 510
    Plantronics voyager 520
    Blueant z9i for something different

Plantronics Voyager Pro is awesome.....I wear glasses, not an issue and call quality is incredible!
    02-21-10 08:19 PM
    I use the jawbone prime. I have always used JB and think they are best out there. Just my $.2
    02-21-10 08:38 PM
    I've been using my jawbone icon and its great! Of course the noise cancellation is superb as always with jawbone but the voice of the caller sounds a lot more natural. It'll read the callers number to you (but not the callers name!) And it now has a micro usb charging port, so you can use a 9700 car charger for the headset too. But the main reason I suggest it is the fit and comfort! I usually always use a earhook but the icons earpiece fits great with no wiggle! But it also comes with a earhook should you want it. I say check it out!

02-22-10 02:05 AM
    I have tried them all and none are still any good. Plus I still think you look a little geeky using one. Unless you just have got to have your hands free they are nothing but a novelty and not a good wroking one either. My SUV and BT so I see no need to use a BT headset even while driving.

For "some" it is a must have as they can't even grocery shop without holding LONG conversations or is it free minutes on the weekend? LOL!
    02-22-10 05:43 AM
    I got the Samsung WEP870 Stereo/Mono Bluetooth Headset $18.00 with free shipping. I have been using it for couple of weeks now and I like it very much. It is not the best unit out there but for the price you cant go wrong. I am also using it with my BB 9700.

Samsung Bluetooth
    +1 for the Samsung WEP 870. I just got my first Blackberry and was surprised by audio quality between this headset and Bold 9700. I had several good BT headsets before and this one sounds exelent for the fraction of other prices. Has noise cancelation too.

02-22-10 05:49 AM
    I got the blue ant V1 and its really good with the 9700
    Good clean sound quality and syncs right up no problems

I tried Z9i as well V1 is better

My vote is for V1 bluetooth headset

02-22-10 06:05 AM
    hey i have sideburns, will that affect the VAS sensor?
    Not with the jawbone prime or icon, they both have noise cancellation built in, the vas sensor will "enhance" the cancellation but its no longer a problem if its not touching your cheek.

02-22-10 06:43 PM
    I have tried them all and none are still any good. Plus I still think you look a little geeky using one. Unless you just have got to have your hands free they are nothing but a novelty and not a good wroking one either. My SUV and BT so I see no need to use a BT headset even while driving.

For "some" it is a must have as they can't even grocery shop without holding LONG conversations or is it free minutes on the weekend? LOL!
    i have never had a bluetooth headset myself. the only place i consider would come in handy for me would be behind the wheel. it is for safety precaution.other than that i wouldn't use it for other activities like you said. these headsets could be an advantage for business consultants.
    02-22-10 10:35 PM
    +1 for the Plantronics Voyager Pro

I've owned many many headsets, tried even more.
    02-22-10 10:50 PM
    I have the Bang & Olufsen WEP 420 Samsung, and I love it. But Im a big fan of B&O and love their designs.

Samsung WEP420 WEP 420 WEP-420 Bang & Olufsen Bluetooth Wireless Headset :: Bluetooth Wireless Headsets :: Bluetooth Products :: BestCellAccessories.com
    02-23-10 06:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD