What materials are the outside of blackberry's made out of? I heard a lot of new phones were made using aluminum but what are used for blackberry's?
    02-25-10 12:08 PM
    Many external parts are ABS plastic. This has several advantages. It is durable, can be finished in many ways, lightweight, flexible, and, if damaged, can be replaced at relatively low cost. It can also be plated with a metallic finish, which can enhance appearance to many, again, with a lower cost.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BergerKing; 02-25-10 at 02:26 PM.
    02-25-10 12:34 PM
    I think the older gen's where much tougher than the new ones. Dropped my 8700 down a flight of metal stairs once and a chunk flew out the plastic housing. Still worked as good as new!

Dropped my 8300 on pavement numerous times, sure it was scuffed & scratched, but it kept on ticking

Would a 9700, Storm, 8900 hold up as well... I don't think so.
    02-25-10 12:47 PM
    You guys are way too mean. At the op, if you really want to know, how about having a look at this?

Research In Motion - Blackberry 8700c - What's Inside - Electronic Products

Blackberry Storm 9530 Smartphone - What's Inside - Electronic Products
    02-25-10 01:21 PM
    Eight posts deleted. Nice way to make a new member feel welcomed guys
    02-25-10 02:07 PM
    Oh, an added benefit of ABS? It lends itself to ease of production, and more customization.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-10 02:34 PM
    Oh, an added benefit of ABS? It lends itself to ease of production, and more customization.
    Good stuff BK. Thanks for the edit and the detailed explanation
    02-25-10 02:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD