I wonder how that Book will Play?
    03-03-15 03:47 PM
    As I recall one of the main complaints when using the 9800 series devices was the movement between the slider and phone, making creaking noises when typing on the screen. So unless Chen has a secret way up his sleeve to prevent this, we are just completing a full circle....much like the z10, z30 and Classic group. Also it added extra not needed bulk to a slim all touch device , if your making it fatter it would have been nicer having a large battery not another qwerty keyboard.
    Maybe it will slide in between the screen and the back. Instead of the sliding part being the back. that would be innovation. Also, maybe an onscreen button to make it slide out and back in again, On its own. Or manually.
    03-03-15 03:49 PM
    I guess I am stuck with my z10 for awhile. Not really the news I was hoping for. I know they have to do what they can to attract new business but. What a slap in the face to the all touch faithful. Very disappointing

Posted via CB10
    I would have preferred an all touch device as well but will try out the slider if it comes to VZW in a "reasonable" amount of time.
    03-03-15 04:17 PM
    As I recall one of the main complaints when using the 9800 series devices was the movement between the slider and phone, making creaking noises when typing on the screen. So unless Chen has a secret way up his sleeve to prevent this, we are just completing a full circle....much like the z10, z30 and Classic group. Also it added extra not needed bulk to a slim all touch device , if your making it fatter it would have been nicer having a large battery not another qwerty keyboard.
    I don't think creaking was a common complaint with the 9800. I used one for over a year and never experienced it myself. I also know several other users who STILL use them and have yet to find a Torch that does this.

I also agree that if they were increasing the bulk of the device, I'd rather see it go to a larger battery, but I'll wait and see what kind of engineering job they do on the mechanism before I judge one way or the other.
    03-03-15 04:35 PM
    I'll wait until it comes out to judge but I'm not a slider fan. Had the 9810 but it always felt like it would break.

Z30 STA100-5 running 10.3.1.2267
    jaydee5799 and Blacklatino like this.
    03-03-15 04:45 PM
    I guess I am stuck with my z10 for awhile. Not really the news I was hoping for. I know they have to do what they can to attract new business but. What a slap in the face to the all touch faithful. Very disappointing

Posted via CB10
    Get a Z30 for an upgrade for now. They're cheap.

Z30 STA100-5 running 10.3.1.2267
    03-03-15 04:46 PM
    If you want all touch, get the slider and superglue it shut.
    This ^

Been suggesting that for a while... ;-)

�   "Oh Classic, you are the fairest here so true. But Passport is a thousand times more powerful than you..." (no offense, Classic is a great device, when it's charged)   �
    03-03-15 04:54 PM
    You could just leave the keyboard folded up
    This will not help the folks with OCD. They'll know it's there. It's not the perfect full touch.

With BlackBerry releasing parts of the BlackBerry 10 experience on other devices, there will be plenty of high-end, full touch to choose from... practically everything else is full touch. BlackBerry can sell niche hardware to people who want physical keyboards and sliders at a premium.
    03-03-15 05:21 PM
    The 4th mystery device is code named "book" and it's going to be a foldable screen phone with a physical keyboard co developed by samsung (as with the slider) who owns the patent for foldable screens. Call it an informed guess...LOL

Attachment 338469

Attachment 338470

Posted via CB10
    See, that and the slider are things to get excited about, even if you personally don't want to buy one. Why people get so hyped up for "yet another rectangle" I will never understand.

"Hey guys look! This rectangle is blue and it has kinda rounded corners and an octo core processor with 16GB of RAM! Wow!"

Mmm... no, nope not really.

Foldable screen with a keyboard? Yeah OK, that's interesting.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 05:22 PM
    My guesses (and hopes)

Passport 2 / Classic 2 device refreshes
    PassPorsche
    Slider
    Titan / all-touch monster & crowd pleaser

A foldable book with two pages/sides would be great, so I can have two pages of a PDF open like having my finger between the pages, like on a real book. Bind it in leather, add stylus support, sold!

:-)

�   "Oh Classic, you are the fairest here so true. But Passport is a thousand times more powerful than you..." (no offense, Classic is a great device, when it's charged)   �
    03-03-15 05:37 PM
    If the slider has the similar touch keyboard as the passport, I will definitely change my passport to the slider.. lol

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 07:01 PM
    Leap (spring)
    Slider (summer)
    Porsche design (fall)
    Passport 2 (winter)

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 07:49 PM
    No, you got that wrong.....Fixed it for you

Leap (spring)
    Slider (summer)
    Porsche design (fall)
    Classic 2 (winter)

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 02:41 AM
    No, you got that wrong.....Fixed it for you
    So I should just wait for the classic 2? Whoah. I'm curious if the qwerty device is an upgrade for the classic or the passport.. hmm

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 03:36 AM
    The thing is, the modern all-touch devices are packed to the gills with components--there's hardly any empty space at all. Something's got to give: either the slider has make the phone fatter or there has to be a smaller battery area or some other reduction to make room for the slider.

And let's not forget that the pricing on this little beauty will be quite tricky, too...
    03-04-15 03:41 AM
    If you are still using virtual keyboard in 2015, you need to make the switch to physical keyboard with a Passport, or a Classic.

Posted via CB10
    Classic? Nope, I would prefer Passport keyboard. But for now virtual is the one for me
    03-04-15 05:37 AM
    If they would release an all touch Passport with top end specs and no pkb, would that satisfy the touchscreen appetite?
    BBZ10wannabe likes this.
    03-04-15 06:39 AM
    And voila! You get a huge thick slab!

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 08:17 AM
    Not when the die hards here want keyboards, all touch is a thing of the past here at BBRY
    LOL. I'm glad you ended with here at BlackBerry.

Q10_OS >10.3.1.2267 / 2268 Radio (*_~)
    03-04-15 09:44 AM
    Can't believe this is actually being proposed as a compromise. And that a bunch of people agree with it.
    MarsupilamiX and LuvULongTime like this.
    03-04-15 09:49 AM
    Can't believe this is actually being proposed as a compromise. And that a bunch of people agree with it.
    I think your sarcasm detector might be a little off...sorry, not meaning to be mean but I think they were going for an innocent raz.
    AthenaSmith likes this.
    03-04-15 10:35 AM
    Well, I'm holding out on the Passport, in something of a quasi-Osborne mode, hoping for a replacement that removes the compromises taken by the first model (or modelS, if you count the AT&T one). Any one of the narrow devices: meeh, :P
    03-04-15 04:27 PM
    So it's the thickness that's the problem, or the knowledge that there is a keyboard hidden underneath...?

:-D

edit:
    You know, if it's too thin, we'll get the other complaints, it bends, etc...

03-04-15 05:31 PM
    Not when the die hards here want keyboards, all touch is a thing of the past here at BBRY
    really? Speak for yourself please.
    KBs are a thing of the past. Look at any iPhone or Samsung phone.
    03-05-15 07:30 AM
    LOL. I'm glad you ended with here at BlackBerry.

Q10_OS >10.3.1.2267 / 2268 Radio (*_~)
    and even that qualifying statement doesn't make it true!
    Blacklatino likes this.
    03-05-15 07:31 AM
56 123