Oh, I'm so sorry I didn't run a recorder during the various conversations with BlackBerry Mobile employees. The last one took place three weeks ago, by the way.

But I promise you, next time I'll do it. Or even better, I will get up and photograph the devices on the Roadmap 2019.

If anyone asks me what I'm doing, I'll say: this is for Chuck, otherwise he won't believe it.
    Roadmaps.... can't remember the last time I saw a roadmap with BlackBerry phones on it.

I think most of us know that a "high end" SLAB was promised for the first of next year. Just few of us see the point of it at this time. And there are none of the normal indicators that they are in fact working on something else... No sighting on benchmark sites of prototypes, no special code in current software packages for future hardware.

Possible that Optiemus and BBM have made a deal and when the Evolve X launches in January... it's a Global phone.
    12-17-18 01:26 PM
    Personally i don't think Blackberry could be competitive with big ones in a full touch devices. Main attractive for me in my key2 le is the pkb, if I go all touch I don't even tough on Blackberry.
    12-17-18 01:58 PM
    Personally i don't think Blackberry could be competitive with big ones in a full touch devices. Main attractive for me in my key2 le is the pkb, if I go all touch I don't even tough on Blackberry.
    I do see why BBMo might want a limited run of slabs to complement a bulk purchase of devices.

But for the general consumer, I see no real opportunity for them in the slab space.
    12-17-18 02:05 PM
    In a conversation at the CES in Las Vegas with Markus Weidner from the online portal teltarif.de, an employee of TCL/BlackBerry Mobile said that BlackBerry Mobile plans to upgrade smartphones already on the market every 18 months.

At first, the employee referred to an announcement that BlackBerry Mobile wanted to announce at the upcoming MWC in Barcelona, but without going into the content of the announcement. In the further course of the conversation Markus Weidner then tickled the above information out of him. The time has come, because there has been speculation about a successor to the Blackberry Motion, which was introduced in autumn 2017, 18 months ago!

Source: https://www.teltarif.de/blackberry-m...ews/75229.html
    01-18-19 03:58 AM
    In a conversation at the CES in Las Vegas with Markus Weidner from the online portal teltarif.de, an employee of TCL/BlackBerry Mobile said that BlackBerry Mobile plans to upgrade smartphones already on the market every 18 months.

At first, the employee referred to an announcement that BlackBerry Mobile wanted to announce at the upcoming MWC in Barcelona, but without going into the content of the announcement. In the further course of the conversation Markus Weidner then tickled the above information out of him. The time has come, because there has been speculation about a successor to the Blackberry Motion, which was introduced in autumn 2017, 18 months ago!

Source: https://www.teltarif.de/blackberry-m...ews/75229.html
    I sure would like that to be true and see a new BB slab in Europe / UK.
    01-18-19 06:45 AM
    I do see why BBMo might want a limited run of slabs to complement a bulk purchase of devices.

But for the general consumer, I see no real opportunity for them in the slab space.
    It would seem with Verizon willing to work with BBMo, that there is some interest by Enterprise. Question is it for BlackBerry Secure or for devices with Keyboards?

But yeah I could see a KEY2 LE Slab being a good fit for those enterprise customers... if BlackBerry Secure is a selling point. But that's how I'd launch it... as an Enterprise device that isn't meant for consumers. That would keep expectations low, and it would only increase some peoples interest in it.
    01-18-19 07:53 AM
    The rumors in this thread somewhat connect with the rumors discussed here.

In addition to discussing re-writing the keyboard software as seen in this Reddit thread, one user also indicate that big changes, ones that are sounding like the ones discussed here, are forthcoming.

It would make sense to have the keyboard software redesigned in the event that no more BlackBerry breaded devices will be manufactured.
    01-18-19 09:17 AM
    The rumors in this thread somewhat connect with the rumors discussed here.

In addition to discussing re-writing the keyboard software as seen in this Reddit thread, one user also indicate that big changes, ones that are sounding like the ones discussed here, are forthcoming.

It would make sense to have the keyboard software redesigned in the event that no more BlackBerry breaded devices will be manufactured.
    If you are going on those rumors - from the same poster. It sounds like TCL is not going to be the ones making new BlackBerries....

If that's the case.. why bother with new keyboard. Maybe reach a deal with SwiftKey to allow it as part of the HUB. Price goes up to $1.49 a month...
    01-18-19 11:34 AM
    If you are going on those rumors - from the same poster. It sounds like TCL is not going to be the ones making new BlackBerries....
    Who knows? Something is brewing though. Where there is smoke, there is fire...
    01-18-19 11:38 AM
    Who knows? Something is brewing though. Where there is smoke, there is fire...
    There is no smoke... there is nothing. I don't put much value in a REDDIT post that says he read something.. without some backup.

Look, I have huge doubts about TCL Communications, their sales have plummeted for the last three years. They have gone through a number of financial shakeups and are still losing millions. I doubt the long term viability of BBMo.... but I don't necessary view the quite right now as a sign it's all coming to an end.

Even if they wanted to release a new PKB phone... there aren't many component options, and the end results would be negligible. And I think the have mostly covered the PKB market. Don't see much point in a SLAB... unless Enterprise is buying. And the other wished for options... slab, slider, wider, shorter. Well they are niches within a niche...

Now if they don't announce something at MWC... a KEY2 Bronze or a KEY3 prototype for this fall. Then worry.
    01-18-19 11:48 AM
    There is no smoke... there is nothing. I don't put much value in a REDDIT post that says he read something.. without some backup.

Look, I have huge doubts about TCL Communications, their sales have plummeted for the last three years. They have gone through a number of financial shakeups and are still losing millions. I doubt the long term viability of BBMo.... but I don't necessary view the quite right now as a sign it's all coming to an end.

Even if they wanted to release a new PKB phone... there aren't many component options, and the end results would be negligible. And I think the have mostly covered the PKB market. Don't see much point in a SLAB... unless Enterprise is buying. And the other wished for options... slab, slider, wider, shorter. Well they are niches within a niche...

Now if they don't announce something at MWC... a KEY2 Bronze or a KEY3 prototype for this fall. Then worry.
    I hear you. Loud and clear!
    01-18-19 11:55 AM
    If that's the case.. why bother with new keyboard. Maybe reach a deal with SwiftKey to allow it as part of the HUB. Price goes up to $1.49 a month...
    SwiftKey was bought by Microsoft in 2016 so it's possible that they may no longer do licensing.
    01-18-19 11:56 AM
    Rumours are exactly that, rumours. Although, I do fully agree where there is smoke, there is fire. We have heard nothing about BlackBerry sales performance, nothing more about new devices, no mention of a K3 at all, not even a whisper. This is not the customary pattern TCL established for the K1, Motion, K2 and K2 LE. Now, we wait and see.

PS - a fix for the Keyboard makes absolute sense if you're looking for a new partner. Starting with a clean slate so to speak.
    01-18-19 03:36 PM
    Rumours are exactly that, rumours. Although, I do fully agree where there is smoke, there is fire. We have heard nothing about BlackBerry sales performance, nothing more about new devices, no mention of a K3 at all, not even a whisper. This is not the customary pattern TCL established for the K1, Motion, K2 and K2 LE. Now, we wait and see.

PS - a fix for the Keyboard makes absolute sense if you're looking for a new partner. Starting with a clean slate so to speak.
    It's a five year licencing deal - still almost three to go.

The ONLY reason we knew about the KEY² at this time last year was a SINGLE leaked Chinese certification document.
    anon(10387168) and the_boon like this.
    01-18-19 04:08 PM
    It's a five year licencing deal - still almost three to go.

The ONLY reason we knew about the KEY² at this time last year was a SINGLE leaked Chinese certification document.
    Planted leaks are an industry norm to build early buzz. That's why it's so surprising to have crickets in this situation. Licensing agreements can also be changed, transferred or cancelled as long as the money is right.
    Vistaus likes this.
    01-18-19 04:11 PM
    Planted leaks are an industry norm to build early buzz. That's why it's so surprising to have crickets in this situation.
    If that particular one was planted, it would have been the dumbest plant on record. Many didn't even believe it because it looked made up.
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    01-18-19 04:13 PM
    If that particular one was planted, it would have been the dumbest plant on record. Many didn't even believe it because it looked almost made up.
    Got us talking though, didn't it!
    01-18-19 04:14 PM
    If that particular one was planted, it would have been the dumbest plant on record. Many didn't even believe it because it looked made up.
    The point of leaking is not always to get people excited about the upcoming launch, sometimes it's used to start a hype. Which worked, as it got us talking about it.
    01-18-19 05:36 PM
    01-18-19 07:44 PM
    What I would like to see is a BlackBerry with a capacitive PKB and stock android. Ditch all the security nonsense that they run with. And stop making the devices so expensive.
    01-25-19 10:26 AM
    I'm thinking they will make a device with a keyboard and a notch in the screen.

Or maybe a notch in the physical keyboard (industry first)?
    the_boon likes this.
    01-28-19 03:32 PM
    BlackBerry mobile has it's own roadmap, it's nothing like blackberry limited, which is a software service company. Again, zero details for this year's scope except vapourware rumors.

Typed on my blackberry classic with 10.3.3-latest on freedom mobile HSPA+
    01-29-19 06:09 AM

There have been surveys here on CB for what we would like to see in a new device. There was one survey, and then a followup survey. CrackBerry Kevin has also made mention of what he would like to see in a KEY3. I have taken these things as foreshadowing. Just a hunch.
    01-30-19 12:37 PM
    There have been surveys here on CB for what we would like to see in a new device. There was one survey, and then a followup survey. CrackBerry Kevin has also made mention of what he would like to see in a KEY3. I have taken these things as foreshadowing. Just a hunch.
    Because BBMo has always delivered what CrackBerry wants.....

Kevin's "wishlist" seems simple enough (OLED Display, IP Rating, Wireless Charging, Great Speaker(s) - for speakerphone, Camera....).

FYI.... Keviin has done list before, and nobody listened. While I agree with everything he said, it a matter for HOW MUCH would it add to the cost.

I'd like to see an option for a KEY3 PRO, KEY3 and a KEY3 LE.... and allow those that want more the option to pay for it.
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    01-30-19 01:16 PM
    Because BBMo has always delivered what CrackBerry wants.....

Kevin's "wishlist" seems simple enough (OLED Display, IP Rating, Wireless Charging, Great Speaker(s) - for speakerphone, Camera....).

FYI.... Keviin has done list before, and nobody listened. While I agree with everything he said, it a matter for HOW MUCH would it add to the cost.

I'd like to see an option for a KEY3 PRO, KEY3 and a KEY3 LE.... and allow those that want more the option to pay for it.
    Would love it, however it's a dream until anything comes out. Granted (blackberry mobile) TCL takes everything into consideration.

Typed on my blackberry classic with 10.3.3-latest on freedom mobile HSPA+
    01-31-19 12:16 AM
103 1234 ...