View Poll Results: What Kind Of Blackberry Do You Have?

Voters
943. You may not vote on this poll
  • Torch

173 18.35%
  • Bold

380 40.30%
  • Curve

189 20.04%
  • Pearl

22 2.33%
  • Storm

70 7.42%
  • Tour

39 4.14%
  • I have Several!

53 5.62%
  • Style

17 1.80%
    Happy TORCH owner here...
    01-12-11 12:46 PM
    How's the poll doing?
    as you can see pk its doing pretty good. over 13000 views, almost 700 votes. I think Kevin or Adam should feature it somehow
    01-13-11 12:46 AM
    Retired the 9630 at Christmas, and now flying with Style. Couldn't pass on the BOGO, and I miss the trackball-not. Such a better and faster device, and very pleasnt to use with te bigger keyboard and no scrolling up on the screen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-11 01:19 AM
    VZW 8330 (used for one year, sold)
    VZW 9630 (used for two years, until 4/11)

I'll sell my 9630 when I upgrade.

01-13-11 03:35 AM
    I'm still on my Tour since 2 years ago and going strong. Great reception, great messaging and an awesome battery life. I could have upgraded to the newer Bold on sprint for $100 mail in rebate but I see no reason too. I prefer the tactile feel of a trackball to a trackpad and mine is running great since I got it. Guess I'm lucky. IMHO, the Tour is the best BB. I will probably run it to the ground before I need to upgrade.

01-13-11 12:20 PM
    Retired the 9630 at Christmas, and now flying with Style. Couldn't pass on the BOGO, and I miss the trackball-not. Such a better and faster device, and very pleasnt to use with te bigger keyboard and no scrolling up on the screen.

I have some questions if you dont mind. How does fast do things load (on the browser)? How good is the camera? Did you get the grey? Where is the LED? Is the screen too small? and how fast does it usually restart?
    01-13-11 09:58 PM
    I have some questions if you dont mind. How does fast do things load (on the browser)? How good is the camera? Did you get the grey? Where is the LED? Is the screen too small? and how fast does it usually restart?
    Boots quite a bit faster than the Tour. Averages around 5 minutes or so, but I'm also Apped up with some good-sized apps, and OS isn't shrunk. Browser takes a little getting used to from OS 5, but I'm quite used to it after 2 weeks already. LED is on the outer shell, the inner face has the light sensor aperture. Messages preview on the outer screen when closed. Screens do not operate at the same time. I have the black chrome model. Camera quality has impressed a number of people. A recent picture I took of my wife reading a book on the couch from a distance of 4', the print on the page was clearly readable when zoomed. Pixel quantity is lower on the screen, but size is bigger than Tour's, and is still very nice. The convenience key becomes the mute button when the shell is closed.

Of note the keyboard is larger than tbat of Bold/Tour, and is a joy to type on.

Trackpad is lighted.

Lower center mesh is the speakerphone. The Microphone is the smaller hole on the lower right. Speaker sound is nice and clear.

Upper keys are very spacious.

Charging Port and headset plug on upper left of lower housing beats Tour/Bold.

Signal quality is much better than my Tour. Bluetooth also sounds better.

OS 6? Oh, yeah. Getting better.

Only 2 downers. Small battery for a very heavy user can be a drawback. Camera Aperture is easy to block with a finger. Practice helps to alleviate this.

Otherwise, all of the positives make the negatives easy to deal with.

Last edited by BergerKing; 01-13-11 at 10:41 PM.
    01-13-11 10:37 PM
    I have in my possession right now
    9800 Active, personal
    9300 Active, Business
    8230 Active, Backup personal
    9630 inActive, Retired for 9800

I retired and returned my 8330 for the 9300 in the past 60 days.

I voted Torch as it was my newest by a short while, and my chosen blackberry
    You should have voted several. I got less than you and voted several.
    01-13-11 10:51 PM
    The storm 2 will finish out my days as a BB user.

Not the greatest blackberry for me. I enjoyed the Tour much more and I regret trading up for the storm.

01-13-11 10:52 PM
    BlackBerry Bold 9780, Curve 3G,Bold 9700,and Blackberry 9000,it's the best phone I think
    01-14-11 12:02 AM
    Lets see what the more popular Blackberry is...

01-14-11 10:35 AM
    Bold/Onyx 9700

01-14-11 10:37 AM
    7520 was my first back in the day with "Cingular", then finally upgraded to the 8900 after so many faithful years... now to the Torch. I've had others though... none compare!
    01-14-11 12:55 PM

love the fact that none of the bb users i see in public have it.
    01-14-11 06:20 PM
    Boots quite a bit faster than the Tour. Averages around 5 minutes or so, but I'm also Apped up with some good-sized apps, and OS isn't shrunk. Browser takes a little getting used to from OS 5, but I'm quite used to it after 2 weeks already. LED is on the outer shell, the inner face has the light sensor aperture. Messages preview on the outer screen when closed. Screens do not operate at the same time. I have the black chrome model. Camera quality has impressed a number of people. A recent picture I took of my wife reading a book on the couch from a distance of 4', the print on the page was clearly readable when zoomed. Pixel quantity is lower on the screen, but size is bigger than Tour's, and is still very nice. The convenience key becomes the mute button when the shell is closed.

Of note the keyboard is larger than tbat of Bold/Tour, and is a joy to type on.

Trackpad is lighted.

Lower center mesh is the speakerphone. The Microphone is the smaller hole on the lower right. Speaker sound is nice and clear.

Upper keys are very spacious.

Charging Port and headset plug on upper left of lower housing beats Tour/Bold.

Signal quality is much better than my Tour. Bluetooth also sounds better.

OS 6? Oh, yeah. Getting better.

Only 2 downers. Small battery for a very heavy user can be a drawback. Camera Aperture is easy to block with a finger. Practice helps to alleviate this.

Otherwise, all of the positives make the negatives easy to deal with.

Thanks for the info
    01-14-11 07:05 PM
    I'm on my 4th Backberry, and I'm loving the Bold 9700. Have OS6 installed and I'm loving it. There is a few glitches I've had and notice, memory leak, battery drain and no arrow when browsing internet of bbm but I can handle those issues, just think the positives outway the negatives. Maybe it is less of an issue for me since I had a bit more aggravating issues on the Storm 9550 but right now it doesn't matter.

01-14-11 09:38 PM
    I'm on my 4th Backberry, and I'm loving the Bold 9700. Have OS6 installed and I'm loving it. There is a few glitches I've had and notice, memory leak, battery drain and no arrow when browsing internet of bbm but I can handle those issues, just think the positives outway the negatives. Maybe it is less of an issue for me since I had a bit more aggravating issues on the Storm 9550 but right now it doesn't matter.

ya i hear theres a lot on the Storm
    01-15-11 06:31 PM
    I just ordered a Curve 3G 9300 (T-Mobile) as a second device for BBM and to get some other stuff pushed to me faster.

I have a question. Do files transferred in BBM count towards your data limit. I only got hte 200 MB plan with it [for now], but the CSR told me it counts as SMS/MMS and I'm 99.998% sure he's lying. Someone verify for me that it's not SMS/MMS and tell me whether that counts towards one's data limit.

Thanks.

Also, for those running leaked OS6 on this device (if any), how much App Storage is free with that OS installed?
    01-15-11 06:59 PM
    I just ordered a Curve 3G 9300 (T-Mobile) as a second device for BBM and to get some other stuff pushed to me faster.

I have a question. Do files transferred in BBM count towards your data limit. I only got hte 200 MB plan with it [for now], but the CSR told me it counts as SMS/MMS and I'm 99.998% sure he's lying. Someone verify for me that it's not SMS/MMS and tell me whether that counts towards one's data limit.

Thanks.

Also, for those running leaked OS6 on this device (if any), how much App Storage is free with that OS installed?
    BBM is data. Messages sent are a couple Kbs at the most. Files I have to imagine go to Data as well
    01-15-11 07:14 PM
    Crackberry Brandon - I see that you asking him how the 9670 style is brings me how BB are being improved constantly and I can't wait to upgrade when something new comes along ! That style rocks with trackpad lighted.

01-16-11 09:00 AM
    Crackberry Brandon - I see that you asking him how the 9670 style is brings me how BB are being improved constantly and I can't wait to upgrade when something new comes along ! That style rocks with trackpad lighted.

I wouldnt say constantly but most of the time, yes
    01-16-11 02:02 PM
    Wassup Brandon....i gone from Curve to Bold and back to Curve...when i was on ATT i had the 8900 Curve...then upgraded to the Bold 9700....then i left ATT for Verizon....now i currently have Curve 3G 9330....and i love it!!!!
    01-16-11 02:19 PM
    I went from a 9000 to a 9800, will jump to the Dakota the moment it is a reality!!!
    01-16-11 09:08 PM
    My personal phone is a Curve 8330. My work phone is a Bold 9780.
    01-16-11 09:14 PM
    Wassup Brandon....i gone from Curve to Bold and back to Curve...when i was on ATT i had the 8900 Curve...then upgraded to the Bold 9700....then i left ATT for Verizon....now i currently have Curve 3G 9330....and i love it!!!!
    Wow. thats a lot of changes

I went from a 9000 to a 9800, will jump to the Dakota the moment it is a reality!!!
    I'm going to do the same as soon as I have $600. Is there any other news on the Dakota?

My personal phone is a Curve 8330. My work phone is a Bold 9780.
    Thats a pretty big difference from maybe the best Blackberry at the moment to not the worst phone but the best curve. By far the best phones are the Bolds, Torch and Style hands down
    01-17-11 06:22 PM
561 ... 1516171819 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD