I will be moving on to a different device since my PPSE went black two days ago. It's just too expensive to repair it, but my question is what would be a good device to move to? I have had iphone, don't care for them and their closed ecosystem, Samsung is meh (for me). Even though I'm a bit miffed at BlackBerry for its lack of loyalty I have to think of my business use for a device and nothing comes close to the HUB. What android device is best and how is the Droid-berry experience for someone coming from BB10? I keep hearing how it's getting closer to BB10 and with customization of Android it's very close. True/not true? What's your experience?

Posted via CB10
    12-06-17 11:06 AM
    KEYone - if you want the best DroidBerry option, nice PKB, best camera in a BB, and very good battery. Skip the silver, go for the Black Edition.

Motion - if you want bigger screen, water resistance and biggest battery, and if you can stand the big chin, and worse camera than the option above

Priv - if you really want both PKB + VKB + big screen all at the same time and are ready to optimize it, or else deal with potential lag/heat/freeze issues (I dont have any of those issues on mine).

DTEK60 - if you want to get ripped off with an overpriced glass sandwich slab which is an Alcatel with BB logo slapped on it, as well as virtually no support or aftermarket parts.
    12-06-17 11:46 AM
    I will be moving on to a different device since my PPSE went black two days ago. It's just too expensive to repair it, but my question is what would be a good device to move to? I have had iphone, don't care for them and their closed ecosystem, Samsung is meh (for me). Even though I'm a bit miffed at BlackBerry for its lack of loyalty I have to think of my business use for a device and nothing comes close to the HUB. What android device is best and how is the Droid-berry experience for someone coming from BB10? I keep hearing how it's getting closer to BB10 and with customization of Android it's very close. True/not true? What's your experience?

Posted via CB10
    You are not limited to a BB device as you can put BB Hub + and many other BB apps on virtually any android device using Marshmallow or Nougat. I bought a refurbished Huawei P9 and it works great with the BB Keyboard, Hub, Contacts, Calendar etc. I don't use the BB Launcher but you can cherry pick from the BB apps that are offered. I have had other android devices in the past but I am quickly becoming a Huawei fan.
    12-06-17 11:55 AM
    Wow, thanks for your time explaining. I just got the SE a year ago, so the Keyone is a hard sell dropping another $500 for it even though that's the one I want.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-17 11:56 AM
    KEYone - if you want the best DroidBerry option, nice PKB, best camera in a BB, and very good battery. Skip the silver, go for the Black Edition.

Motion - if you want bigger screen, water resistance and biggest battery, and if you can stand the big chin, and worse camera than the option above

Priv - if you really want both PKB + VKB + big screen all at the same time and are ready to optimize it, or else deal with potential lag/heat/freeze issues (I dont have any of those issues on mine).

DTEK60 - if you want to get ripped off with an overpriced glass sandwich slab which is an Alcatel with BB logo slapped on it, as well as virtually no support or aftermarket parts.
    If you care about updates I wouldn't recommend a Priv at this point. It's not getting Nougat and monthly updates have either already stopped or will stop in the coming months (when Google discontinues support for Marshmallow).

Otherwise I agree, the Keyone and Motion are your best options if you want a BlackBerry device.
    12-06-17 11:57 AM
    What android device is best and how is the Droid-berry experience for someone coming from BB10? I keep hearing how it's getting closer to BB10 and with customization of Android it's very close. True/not true? What's your experience?
    I would advise you to take comments like that with a grain of salt. While folks have certainly found various ways to add certain BB10-like elements to Android, if you're hoping for something that feels and acts like BB10, you're going to be very disappointed. Android is not BB10 (and nothing else is either), so you're going to have to live through a period of adjustment and learn different ways of doing things (and develop new muscle memories). That's not to say that Android can't be customized in many ways, as others have done - and if you're interested, read all those threads and see what's possible - but you'll be happier if you have more realistic expectations. BB10 was very unique in a lot of ways (some good and some bad), but nothing else really works just like it does, and for folks moving off BB10 for the first time, you're going to want to expect that some adjustments are going to need to be made.
    12-06-17 12:09 PM
    shop here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/e?link=...token=fZbxJrBU

I bought mine off ebay from another selelr and the phone was brand new and I paid $598.
    this seller is out of Houston and others on here have bought from them and I bought my LG V20 from them super service, cant go wrong
    12-06-17 12:43 PM
    I am using a KEYᴼᴺᴱ, after 3 years of owning a Passport. I keep my setup simple with my most used apps on the main screen. So far, it has been pretty easy to adapt. I don't expect the KEYᴼᴺᴱ to work exactly the same way the Passport used to. I am ready for change whenever I have to adapt.
    bass hines likes this.
    12-06-17 01:06 PM