As has become the norm, John Chen and his team usually have some big announcements to make just a day or so before the earnings call.
    So what is expected before this friday? Full support to Android on the Leap? Perhaps something more important about Secutab? Or in a first nothing new? Any idea guys?

Blackberry Classic | Circa 2015
    03-23-15 04:52 AM
    I think it's a new partnership announcement with microsoft

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 04:57 AM
    It could be both... or nothing... or the slider announced... never know

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 05:01 AM
    Maybe a partnership with nintendo

Posted via CB10
    jds97w likes this.
    03-23-15 05:05 AM
    Maybe this Google deal that Tech Crunch reported in March 21. Says Google and BlackBerry made an agreement that will give BlackBerry access to Google apps in exchange for BlackBerry apps on Android. I haven't seen CrackBerry or N4BB report on this and that is kinda weird, so wondering what is going on. If true would solve BlackBerry's app problem as Amazon's store sucks!

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 09:20 AM
    Maybe this Google deal that Tech Crunch reported in March 21. Says Google and BlackBerry made an agreement that will give BlackBerry access to Google apps in exchange for BlackBerry apps on Android. I haven't seen CrackBerry or N4BB report on this and that is kinda weird, so wondering what is going on. If true would solve BlackBerry's app problem as Amazon's store sucks!

Posted via CB10
    I was searching now on techcrunch.com but with no luck. Could you please share a link?

Too good to be true though..
    03-23-15 09:28 AM
    I was searching now on techcrunch.com but with no luck. Could you please share a link?

Too good to be true though..
    Sorry Tech Insider...

http://www.techinsider.net/blackberr...e/1120945.html

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 09:39 AM
    I wish the article would link to it's sources. It would be great for BBRY if it were true. But nowhere else is anybody reporting the same (that I can find after a cursory search anyway), so I wonder if they went a bit far in assessing the Android for Work partnership. For it to be true, there'd have to be some major amendments made to the OHA, and one would think that would be widely reported.
    mikeo007 and JeepBB like this.
    03-23-15 09:52 AM
    Well the guy does own 4 million shares of BBRY... so I'm sure he knows what he is talking about.

He didn't say that someone told him, or got a report out of a garbage can somewhere.... What he said was the "Blackberry and Google Inc have announced", which would seem to imply that a press release had been issued. But it seems as if only he got a copy of it.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    03-23-15 10:00 AM
    I wish the article would link to it's sources. It would be great for BBRY if it were true. But nowhere else is anybody reporting the same (that I can find after a cursory search anyway), so I wonder if they went a bit far in assessing the Android for Work partnership. For it to be true, there'd have to be some major amendments made to the OHA, and one would think that would be widely reported.
    Yeah I agree that it is very weird that nothing more is being said about this. Google pretty much dictates what the OHA can do or not do so I don't think they would have any issues changing the rules and all the Partners will either have to deal with it or be without the services. More of a prison relationship than an "alliance" IMHO.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 10:10 AM
    I wonder though - which BB apps is Google so keen to have access to? BB is arguably the most competent platform for business, regardless of sales, but in terms of apps I can't think of what Android lacks that BB has. (ratio must be 100:1,000,000 in favour of Blackberry). Just the same I'd love to see such a deal.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    03-23-15 10:11 AM
    I don't know for sure, but I am wondering if it will have something to do with android apps because after the last os update my z30 received it sure seems as though the android apps are working much better.
    I have three android apps that I use regularly,
    first one is words with friends when I open it no longer does the "need Google play services " pop up

Craigslist the same no more "Google play services needed "

Kroger is a popular grocery store in our state and there app asked the first time I opened it if I want to use "Google play services "

Hasn't any one else seen this

Posted via CB10
    sjwpenney likes this.
    03-23-15 10:24 AM
    Seems interesting. I have doubts in this though

Posted via my Z30 running 10.3.2.281
    03-23-15 10:28 AM
    I believe there is nothing releases a few days before earning. If there is something good, they will include in the ER.
    03-23-15 10:37 AM

Posted via CB10
    Hit us with the link!

Z30 (10.3.1)
    03-23-15 10:44 AM
    Would say the slider would be announced

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 10:48 AM
    03-23-15 11:04 AM

Posted via CB10
    One never knows but the article comes across as idle speculation. Then again, there could be several factors at play. Android is a security disaster which needs to be fixed before it can be taken seriously in enterprise. Then there is the Anti-competition cases being built by the European Union and no less the US government in regards to how Google uses Android to stifle competition. And finally the OHA is starting to fall apart irrespective of what Google would like. So maybe that is enough for Google to open its door a bit to a niche competitor with reasonably valuable assets.
    03-23-15 11:05 AM
    BlackBerry is in its quiet period ahead of its quarterly earnings announcement. It is unlikely that BlackBerry would announce anything before earnings hit.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 11:08 AM
    BlackBerry is in its quiet period ahead of its quarterly earnings announcement. It is unlikely that BlackBerry would announce anything before earnings hit.

Posted via CB10
    So quite ,let,s go back a bit and remember what the project is all about,sometime we get impatient
    Blackberry unveils new smartphone: CEO - One News Page VIDEO
    Around 1:48 is where the vision is explained,
    03-23-15 11:17 AM
    An interesting but somewhat superficial analysis; perhaps not too far off the mark. Not exactly sure how one can say that classic sales won't be counted to some degree as it was released in December. Hardware will be thin but I do see this improving as Blackberry finally has it's supply chain under control, focused in offerings (which are strong) and has a consistent and predictable build program. The thing to be looking at will be software and services. Can the new offerings counter the loss of BIS revenues.
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    03-23-15 11:18 AM
    Maybe a partnership with nintendo
    "Toys Not Tools"?

ubizmo, JeepBB and Djlatino like this.
    03-23-15 11:47 AM
    Mmmhhh...

They still show Th. Heins on the pic..., maybe they've missed something...? ;-)

(btw, you can usually delete the rat's tail of the link after and including the question mark, gets rid of the trackers
    ...fully?utm_campaign=partner_feed&utm_source=marketwatch. com&utm_medium=web_click&utm_content=ticker_page )

�   Passposted while waiting for the Zzzzzlider....   �
    03-23-15 04:12 PM
    Some big enterprise wins and deployments would be great news! It shows momentum. They have enough new product launches etc, now it's about execution!

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 05:07 PM
    Chen will unveil Pink Passport
    03-23-15 08:07 PM
35 12