okay, right now I have at&t. it frequently drops my calls, texts are delayed, and sometimes the 3g internet does not connect, stuff like that. i want a new phone service, and im not sure where to go (though im leaning towards verizon)

i use my phone mainly for calls and texts. i only go on the internet every couple of days or so. i want a service that will not drop calls or delay texts. thats what i want most. 3g coverage, if i have it, i want it to be good, but it doesnt have to be like everywhere i go. price really isnt a factor here. i live in missouri, so my options are t-mobile, verizon, sprint and US cellular.

please tell me your experience from whatever service you have and tell me whether or not you would recommend it.
    03-19-10 11:46 AM
    Service will vary by locations. I can tell you that I have no issues with Verizon Wireless here, in the Orlando, Florida area. I would ask friends and family in your area which providers they use and how they work out for them. Take advantage of the trial periods the wireless carries offer and make an educated decision from what you experience. Only you can really determine what's best for you not us.

Good luck and let us know what you decided.
    03-19-10 12:25 PM
    Verizon is by far the best carrier to go on in the States. You pay a little higher, but you pay for what you get.

I had Sprint (horrable service, bad phone selection) I also had AT&T (bad 3g, dropped calls) I then went to Verizon and couldnt be happier, by far the best company I went too
    03-19-10 12:32 PM
    Verizon is by far the best carrier to go on in the States. You pay a little higher, but you pay for what you get.

I had Sprint (horrable service, bad phone selection) I also had AT&T (bad 3g, dropped calls) I then went to Verizon and couldnt be happier, by far the best company I went too
    i hear more good about verizon than any other phone service
    03-19-10 01:07 PM
    Alex, what I would suggest is to ignore any and all information / opinions you get
    here. (1) The VZW people pimp that service as if it is their job. (2)The AT&T people
    tend to be a bit more objective. (3) The T-Mo people usually are speaking from
    a price standpoint and (4) the Sprint people are amazingly silent (which I think lends
    that service more credence).

Talk to actual people in your area about their experiences with the various
    services, their cost, customer service and go from there.
    03-19-10 01:23 PM
    Remember that with Verizon Wireless you are not only changing service providers, but type of service. CDMA and GSM have many differences, but I don't mean the technology. I mean the selection of (smart)phones available for either technology. For Verizon Wireless you may only use a phone that they provide, but with a GSM carrier you may take any (unlocked) GSM device and pop in the SIM to be good to do. Having that said and noting that you have a Bold 9000, the Tour 9630 is an excellent choice that is very similar to your current BlackBerry. Or, if you can wait a bit, go for the Essex (Tour2 / Bold 9650) when it comes available.
    03-19-10 01:37 PM
    Tmobile has a pretty small network footprint, so even though it's possible that it's reliable in your area, they are less likely to be solid in general...

The only way to really know is ask people in your area.

Sprint's phone selection tends to be more limited than anyone else, but *if* Sprint coverage in your area is good, it will be a lot cheaper than Verizon.
    03-19-10 01:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD