I have MSN, Yahoo and GMAIL and just wondering which free email service is the best. I know you can use multiple on one device, but I am looking for the best one.

I guess what I mean by best is the one that can snyc well between device and service, one that can sync with the calander well, and any other feature from the web mail.

Reason why I am asking is because I am going from having a work BB on a BES (ATT Bold 9700) to a personal BB on Sprint using BIS (Probably a Tour or Tour2 if it comes out soon enough) and I am used the functionality of the wireless syncing of almost everything on the BES.

Thanks
    01-30-10 02:56 PM
    I prefer gmail but that may just be me
    01-30-10 03:00 PM
    I use both gmail and hotmail.

Probably prefer gmail.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-10 03:54 PM
    Gmail is the best. There's a google sync app to sync your calendar entries. If you have the 5.0 OS installed, you can wirelessly sync your contacts (Google acts as an enterprise server).

Gmail mail comes in instantly, which is a bonus. Hotmail, as an example, usually only comes in every 15 minutes for me.
    01-30-10 04:28 PM
    gmail....for sure
    01-30-10 04:46 PM
    If you want to sync your contacts and calendar items, I would say that gmail is the best, but I don't like the plug in. I use Live mail. They all work the same with me. I don't sync my calendar because I never use the one on my email account, I just back-up my stuff through the DM. Yahoo can sync through the DM, but I have had some difficulty with syncing the address book.

01-30-10 07:03 PM
    gmail is what I use and without the plug in...I use it to forward a copy to my BB using my BB address...works great and I can control/setup filters on the gmail account and allow what I want forwarded to my BB.
    01-30-10 07:20 PM
    I use Gmail without the plugin as well. It pushes the fastest of all of my accounts other than my blackberry.net account.

----------------
    Now playing: Taylor Swift - Love Story (Pop Mix)
    via FoxyTunes
    01-30-10 07:36 PM
    Thanks for all the input, I had a feeling Gmail was going to be the favorite. Just need to figure out if I want to use the plugin or not. I would like to be able to sync my calendar and my contacts.
    01-30-10 08:26 PM
    I also use Gmail without the plug in and I have never had a problem at all

01-30-10 08:28 PM
    Gmail is my choice. The plug in is alright, but I just didnt like it.
    01-30-10 10:22 PM
    i'm using gmail and yahoo, and i like them both.
    01-30-10 11:08 PM
    I also use Gmail without the plug in and I have never had a problem at all

+1

gmail works flawlessly for me. great spam filter too.
    01-31-10 12:43 AM
    gmail works for me.
    01-31-10 03:30 AM
    just a quick Question for all you Gmail users, when you sync your calender with Google does it still delete any appointments on your BB calendar older than 4weeks?

haven't used google sync for ages because of this, just wondered if anything had changed.
    01-31-10 06:03 AM
    Gmail hands down. I use Hotmail but I prefer Gmail all the way.
    01-31-10 06:11 AM
    IMO, G-Mail is the ticket !
    01-31-10 08:47 AM
    All you guys saying gmail, I tried it and can't get the deleted items to delete off the server, vice versa. Did I set something up wrong.

To answer the original question, Yahoo works best for me, 2way sync for read/unread, deleted items.
    Google has many nice features but I couldn't figure out the 2way sync and don't want to delete an item twice.
    02-01-10 04:13 PM
    All you guys saying gmail, I tried it and can't get the deleted items to delete off the server, vice versa. Did I set something up wrong.

To answer the original question, Yahoo works best for me, 2way sync for read/unread, deleted items.
    Google has many nice features but I couldn't figure out the 2way sync and don't want to delete an item twice.
    Did you enable IMAP for your Gmail account? You need to, plus you need to check the settings tab to have the deleted mails delete from the server as well.
    02-01-10 05:19 PM
    just a quick Question for all you Gmail users, when you sync your calender with Google does it still delete any appointments on your BB calendar older than 4weeks?

haven't used google sync for ages because of this, just wondered if anything had changed.
    In Google Sync the option maxes out at 4 weeks. However, on your Calendar application you can set it to keep appointments forever. I don't know how well this works as I don't keep my previous Calendar appts.

I do however have reminder emails sent to me, which I then Save, for later reference.
    02-01-10 05:23 PM
    Did you enable IMAP for your Gmail account? You need to, plus you need to check the settings tab to have the deleted mails delete from the server as well.
    I enabled imap in the gmail account settings. I let the bb set up the account by using the email address and password, should I have entered the imap settings myself? I did go into settings and chose to "delete on mailbox and handheld"

If it is working good I will try it again and see.
    Anymore pointers on two way sync working correctly?

Thanks
    02-01-10 07:39 PM
    for email on a bb, it really doesn't matter between yahoo & gmail (IMO), but when using the web interface, gmail hands down.
    02-01-10 11:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD