I have a small business I'm trying to run without hiring any employees. I currently have an 8330 and love it since I mainly use the voice and email features to communicate with clients. I use browser also...but is there a device that could enhance what I do?

Are there apps on the newer models that I would benefit by having? I don't just do business from my phone, but I'm wondering if I'm behind the times a little with still having the curve 8330. Any thoughts?
    01-31-10 01:04 PM
    If you're upgrading you'd basically be upgrading for a device with a better processor.
    So you'd be looking at apps and maybe some web pages that would load faster.
    E-mail and voice would of course be the same. Although if you download
    attachments a lot a faster processor combined with EV-DO which you already have
    would be a bit faster.

Overall, if your current phone is getting the job done for you, then just wait it out.
    Verizon is going to release a Tour 2 this year and who knows what else since RIM
    keeps pumping out phones.
    01-31-10 01:17 PM
    That's kind of what I thought...with all of the rumblings of the new devices I hate to get rid of something so good just because the "grass looks greener". Thanks!
    01-31-10 01:24 PM
    What's the best device for business? One word, "BlackBerry"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-10 02:19 PM
    Any well managed BlackBerry with the right apps is a very fine business phone. When not surfing CrackBerry my phone's primary function is business e-mail.

01-31-10 02:34 PM
    Any well managed BlackBerry with the right apps is a very fine business phone. When not surfing CrackBerry my phone's primary function is business e-mail.

what apps are you referring to? Just curious...
    01-31-10 03:37 PM
    Since you have Verizon, I would suggest a Tour2 when it comes out or a 8530(Curve2). The wifi will give you the option to use voice an data at the same time when within wifi coverage.

On at&t our 9700's can do this without the use of wifi, as long as we are connected to UMTS.

It can come in handy if you need to reference something while on a call.
    01-31-10 08:36 PM
    Every Blackberry from the Pearl to the Bold have the same basic functionality. It's just a matter of which bells and whistles you want and need. My 8330 does everything I need for work, but my 9630 does it a bit faster and looks just a little better doing it .
    01-31-10 10:54 PM
    You would probably be better off waiting and holding onto the 8330. The tour and curve 2 are nice, but there's alot more "nicer" phones coming out in the next few months.
    01-31-10 10:58 PM
    There's ALWAYS going to be a new phone/device "Just about to be released."

Test-drive different models, and if you find one that really suits your needs and you need it, get it. If you keep waiting for the next "OMG!!! The next model is going to be uber!!" model to be released, you'll never get one.
    02-01-10 09:56 AM
    What's the best device for business? One word, "BlackBerry"

sweet reply.
    02-01-10 11:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD